• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

How desperate are you for gaming?

overcast

Reaction score
I am not desperate anymore. As you can see some of the time gaming is easy if you are not much stressed. And some of the time it can be boring. So those days are gone for me when I was desperate about new games. I am playing games during the weekend. So there is nothing to be desperate for from where I see things here.

valy

Reaction score
I'm really desperate for playing games, any kind of games, PC, console, android games, anything that will distract me from stress and work. My family and my friends say that i became an addict by playing games, is maybe true, still i don't want anything to change.​

BethSztruhar

Reaction score
If there is a really good game then I can be desperate. I usually think about it all day long and I can't wait to get home and play it. Even going out with my friends is painful if there is a good game waiting for me on my PC. :D

Empire

Reaction score
I play games when I have free time or when I feel like it. And when I do I set myself up with an time to live stream on twitch. that being said it's been almost 3 days since I last played an game. Had an guy over and spent most of the time out and now I'm just looking at the steam sale and got some new games that I yet to download. what is stopping me from gaming now other then posting that the fact that I have to go out shopping and it's like i'm waiting for other family members you know lol

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
I am not desperate anymore. As you can see some of the time gaming is easy if you are not much stressed. And some of the time it can be boring. So those days are gone for me when I was desperate about new games. I am playing games during the weekend. So there is nothing to be desperate for from where I see things here.
I agree. Gaming addiction has a specific age. For me as well, gone are the days when I had the desperate addiction for gaming. But still this keeps happening every now and then.

StolenKid

Reaction score
Funny question. I am very desperate for gaming, whenever I get home from work, going out, even at 3 am I turn on my PS3, console or just by the phone, I game, truly I'm addict.

Bayoneutra

Reaction score
I'm very chill when it comes to this and I can definitely hold back if I have to. I have a big sense of responsibility and real life calls for me way too often, so I'm pretty good at saying "Hey, I should stop for today, huh?"

However, even if I can stop playing, it doesn't mean I can stop thinking about it, so my mind starts going wild, thinking of what I'll finally do when I finally get some free time. If I'm particularly engrossed with a game (and it happens more often in story/plot driven games) I might even become a little bit irresponsible and play more than I should, but nothing too excessive :smiley:

WarVet

Reaction score
What is your level of desperation for playing your favourite games?

When I get addicted to a particular game I can play it over and over again for hours. All I keep thinking is about the game and my strategy in playing it.

Work, food, sleep and everything else take a back seat and playing the game becomes my biggest desire. In one of those peak periods of addiction I dream about the game as well.

I feel ya man. Even though it's been a good while since I felt like that once I'm hooked I will postpone other priorities in order to play my favorite game. It's like expecting the ending of a very good movie that takes around a week or more (Depending on the game) to develop. When I really relate to a particular character within the gam this happens. It's all part of the gaming experience.

missionreport

Reaction score
I'm always desperate for gaming. Like every time a new trailer comes out I literally drool over the prospect of getting my hands on that game but then again in reality I couldn't really afford the system requirements so what I do instead is watch reviews instead. And if the reviews confirm that the game is good then I keep a list of these titles so that one day, when I am able to, I will buy all of them and play them all on the most powerful system possible.

Gladdy

Reaction score
I think I went from being very desperate to not caring much over the years. Perhaps it comes with the age. I began gaming as a kid and only increased it up till my high school. The last years of high school and all through university, I haven't been properly desperate to play a game. I mean, I love gaming but not to the point where I wouldn't sleep or eat - that's borderline on obsession.

But, of course, if there's a brand new release that I have anxiously been waiting for over a year, I will badly want to play it for at least a few hours. I just take games as fun and as a hobby. I had periods where I didn't really play much at all and I had no issues doing it. Sometimes you just can't control what happens in real life and it affects your ''gaming life'' too :)

Neo

Reaction score
I can get really desperate when I find a game that intrigues me in the depths of my bones and I keep thinking about it all the time. I used to have this problem more as a kid. When I find a really good game, all my thoughts are about the game, the strategies I can use, the anxiety of what will happen next. Once in a while, when I'm in this stage of gaming where the game is everything I breathe, I start getting dreams about it when I sleep. Funny, but it did happen to me a few times. I like to keep these overflowing emotions in control now because this situation is really not advisable as I cannot focus properly on other relevant things.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I can so well relate to you. The gaming addiction completely captures my body as well as soul. All I have in my mind is playing the game and nothing else.

All my daily work take a backfield and gaming becomes my priority. Finding time to play the game throughout the day seems to be never ending process.
I feel the same but I kinda have an alarm in my head because I studied in the medical field. Not moving your legs, not stretching your body, not drinking or eating for prolonged periods of time will take a toll on your health in the long run. That's why you should at least stretch your legs every hour and when things start cramping up, you should know when to stop and take a break so it doesn't get worse.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
I feel the same but I kinda have an alarm in my head because I studied in the medical field. Not moving your legs, not stretching your body, not drinking or eating for prolonged periods of time will take a toll on your health in the long run. That's why you should at least stretch your legs every hour and when things start cramping up, you should know when to stop and take a break so it doesn't get worse.
Thanks for your wonderful advice. Though this is something that used to be happen way back in the past. Now, I hardly spare long hours to play games continuously and even if I get then it is the blurring of vision which starts creeping in. This forces me to give up gaming and take a break.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Thanks for your wonderful advice. Though this is something that used to be happen way back in the past. Now, I hardly spare long hours to play games continuously and even if I get then it is the blurring of vision which starts creeping in. This forces me to give up gaming and take a break.
Yeah, when you get real life stuff to do gaming seems like a distant second. Priorities change you know? It's like the main demographic of games are for people with nothing better to do in real life; and I don't say that as a bad thing, it's just that given the choice between doing something with friends/family in real life, 9 out of 10 you'd stop what you are playing, save it, and play it when you get back.

Shortie861

Reaction score
Considering I live a pretty stressful life with kids and being quite hectic most days you would think I would crave gaming but I don't a lot of the time and that is not like me. I remember around 9 years ago now I would always turn to gaming to help me with depression and stress but nowadays with everything being so hectic, despite the fact I am stressed I am also sometimes too tired to be bothered with gaming and leave it.

Do I miss gaming as much as I used to? Yes, I do a lot however if I am tired I find I can not focus as much as I would like to on games.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
If I'm really into a game, I'll have the desire to play it while I'm at work or school, but I don't obsess over it. I know it'll be in my Steam library when I get home ready for me, so my schooling and work don't suffer just because I want to play a game. In general, I don't binge play my games because I like to savor the storyline and play them over an extended period of time.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
I have long gone surpassed the stage of desperation in gaming. Now i am a casual gamer. Play if i have time, and if i can't, its ok as well...

Thammy

Reaction score
Lool! As desperate as skipping classes. Hehehe! That's long gone tho, that was way back in high school. Someway i think how desperate one is to gaming could be linked to addiction. Just my thought.

ZXD22

Reaction score
At the moment not very desperate if at all. More desperate to work so I can save up for my next big purchase which will be a lot of fun for the years to come :D

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
It's that I am desperate to play games although if possible I want to play games for at least 3 hours before the end of the day. I couldn't say that my day is complete until I have played 3 games of Defense of the Ancients 2. This has been my ideal for a complete day for a long time now. I feel unsatisfied lying down on my bed without playing at least a game of DotA 2.