• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

How desperate are you for gaming?

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
What is your level of desperation for playing your favourite games?

When I get addicted to a particular game I can play it over and over again for hours. All I keep thinking is about the game and my strategy in playing it.

Work, food, sleep and everything else take a back seat and playing the game becomes my biggest desire. In one of those peak periods of addiction I dream about the game as well.

Linen

Reaction score
I don't really... have much of a level of desperation for any particular or favorite games. I tend to have more of a general desperation for "I want to do something fun" after doing a lot of work, but I don't find myself so heavily addicted to the extent that I get outright cravings for gaming most of the time (but then, I've had to ignore what cravings I did get enough, so maybe I just don't notice them anymore?)

Pixie06

Reaction score
I am addicted to a particular game right now. I have to play this game on a daily basis else I don't feel good. Since I work I really can't spend much time playing the game on week days but during weekends I spend hours playing it. You are right even I don't feel like eating or doing anything else as long as I am playing the game.

Denis_P

Reaction score
It doesn't happen very often, but once in a blue moon I come across a game where I just absolutely have to get every achievement and unlock and explore every single nook and cranny there is to find.

Currently that game for me is Stardew Valley. Over the past two weeks or so I've been obsessing and strategizing how to most optimally and efficiently reach every goal in the game, and then I'm probably going to do it all over again upon completion just to see how quickly I can do it. Before Stardew Valley it was the first Dark Souls game.

Kind of funny considering how incredibly different those two games are.

Chinatown88

Reaction score
Oh gosh I still need to get Stardew Valley. Usually when I'm feeling a bit down I got into a crazy gaming mode. It's nice therapy and distraction from the real world.

I played Stella Glow last year and was obsessed with it. I stopped though when I realized how many times I need to beat the game to get the best ending with each character.

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
I have to say, I'm pretty desperate for gaming. I'm at work currently and I'm already looking forward to going home and jumping on my PC!

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
I am addicted to a particular game right now. I have to play this game on a daily basis else I don't feel good. Since I work I really can't spend much time playing the game on week days but during weekends I spend hours playing it. You are right even I don't feel like eating or doing anything else as long as I am playing the game.
Yeah...we feel bad when we are unable to fetch time for playing a game we are obsessed with. I feel very irritated at that time and will play the game at any cost. It is usually my sleeping time that goes in playing games.

Koyomi Araragi

Reaction score
I haven't had a desperation for a game in a long time (well, not since Splatoon first came out). Sometimes I have a desperation while in school of "I wish I was playing a game or literally doing anything else right now". But I'm on summer break right now, so I've got all the game time I could ever want! :smileycat:

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
I haven't had a desperation for a game in a long time (well, not since Splatoon first came out). Sometimes I have a desperation while in school of "I wish I was playing a game or literally doing anything else right now". But I'm on summer break right now, so I've got all the game time I could ever want! :smileycat:
At present the things seem to be favorable for playing games and this puts you at ease.

The main desperation sweeps on when one cannot fetch time to play his favourite game. To maintain a balance between work and play appears really difficult at times. This ignites cravings for playing games.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
I have to say, I'm pretty desperate for gaming. I'm at work currently and I'm already looking forward to going home and jumping on my PC!
The thought of being able to catch up my favourite game back home always excited me as well. I was look forward for the moments when I can just sit, relax and play my game. The craving is so desperate that there are times when I find myself speeding through my work (which I regret later on).
But this is what is called gaming addiction.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
Oh gosh I still need to get Stardew Valley. Usually when I'm feeling a bit down I got into a crazy gaming mode. It's nice therapy and distraction from the real world.

I played Stella Glow last year and was obsessed with it. I stopped though when I realized how many times I need to beat the game to get the best ending with each character.
Overplaying any game soon makes us end it up abruptly. The mind gets tired of focusing on the same moves and strategy over and over again . But thankfully we have a great variety so choosing a new game is not that difficult.

Sino989

Reaction score
I wouldn't say I am desperate for video games or even have a desperation for a specific game but I do always get the urge to grind a game out just to get all of the unlockables.

prasanna kumar

Reaction score
I never feel desperate for gaming not matter how much I like a game, Even though most of us here like gaming, it is not best to let our gaming addictions take over us.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
I never feel desperate for gaming not matter how much I like a game, Even though most of us here like gaming, it is not best to let our gaming addictions take over us.
You have the correct attitude towards gaming. It should be just a fun element and should never be allowed to become an obsession. But still there are times when desperation out rules all reasoning and all that is left in mind is playing the game.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
It doesn't happen very often, but once in a blue moon I come across a game where I just absolutely have to get every achievement and unlock and explore every single nook and cranny there is to find.

Currently that game for me is Stardew Valley. Over the past two weeks or so I've been obsessing and strategizing how to most optimally and efficiently reach every goal in the game, and then I'm probably going to do it all over again upon completion just to see how quickly I can do it. Before Stardew Valley it was the first Dark Souls game.

Kind of funny considering how incredibly different those two games are.
Game addiction is not what happens with every game. There are only some games which leave an impact and that too for a short period if time.

After that either it is either that the obsession dies off or another game comes into the field.

Ipa07

Reaction score
I'm very desperate for games. I think it's just my addiction that I play so many games. Day can't pass if I don't play some games.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
I'm very desperate for games. I think it's just my addiction that I play so many games. Day can't pass if I don't play some games.
I don't think playing a game will be called as addiction. It will depend in the amount of time that you spend in playing the game. Gaming is a fun activity which can be a part of daily routine. Addiction and desperation comes into view when gaming rules over other important aspects of life like food, sleep and work.

AnthonyB

Reaction score
I don't think I'm as desperate for video games now than I was when I was a young teenager. I used to legitimately horde games. I did that for about a month or so before it got bad, then I would trade them away and start the whole process over again. I used to try to trade with everyone I knew. At school, football practice, and just around the neighborhood. And this was before I started stealing them from K-Mart. I've calmed down since those days… A lot smarter now. Plus, I could just buy any game I want. There's no need to steal games anymore really. If I was as obsessed with video games now as I was back then, the problem with restart all over again.

RedVelvetCupcake2009

Reaction score
What is your level of desperation for playing your favourite games?

When I get addicted to a particular game, I can play it over and over again for hours. All I keep thinking is about the game and my strategy in playing it.

Work, food, sleep and everything else take a back seat and playing the game becomes my biggest desire. In one of those peak periods of addiction I dream about the game as well.
We are so alike with our habits. I get so obsessed with games to the point that I can stay up all night without taking a shower, much to my parent's chagrin. It makes me laugh when I think about it. What happens if I keep losing? I will do what you do. I will strategize and strategize over and over again until I get it right. I will also wait until I hit a major milestone in the game before I call it quits, like a prize, new level, or new abilities for my character.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
We are so alike with our habits. I get so obsessed with games to the point that I can stay up all night without taking a shower, much to my parent's chagrin. It makes me laugh when I think about it. What happens if I keep losing? I will do what you do. I will strategize and strategize over and over again until I get it right. I will also wait until I hit a major milestone in the game before I call it quits, like a prize, new level, or new abilities for my character.
I can so well relate to you. The gaming addiction completely captures my body as well as soul. All I have in my mind is playing the game and nothing else.

All my daily work take a backfield and gaming becomes my priority. Finding time to play the game throughout the day seems to be never ending process.