• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Have you ever Fall in love with a game character?

Pixie06

Reaction score
Yes I felt in love with Jin Kazama from Tekken. He has always been my favorite player and I find him to be so handsome. If only I could have been in this game how wonderful would it have been.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
GlaDos have a bigger fanbase than you can think in that area - I'm not part of it, I just randomly came across some pictures of her on the Internet... If you look on Google for humanized versions of her, you'll find something that you migh end liking, or want to forget completely. Internet is a weird place, yes.
Uuh, I... I don't think I want to see that, thank you. I involuntarily got a taste of internet being weird in other fandoms, and I noped the hell out of there as quickly as possible.
I guess part of her charm is exactly her being a robot. Its "personality" is not overshadowed by anything else. But... yeah, it was bound to happen, as it was for any other character ever. Even for a damn literal potato.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
I guess part of her charm is exactly her being a robot. Its "personality" is not overshadowed by anything else. But... yeah, it was bound to happen, as it was for any other character ever. Even for a damn literal potato.

I think a BIG part of her charm is due to Ellen McLain's excellent acting. She manage to do a robotic voice, almost emotionless, and give it a lot of emotions anyway! Or at least it make you feel what the writing want you to feel! All Valve games are pretty well written, but GlaDos is just that amazing. Maybe she would even be a good partner, indeed... like a praying mantis.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
I love playing games but I know my limit. Some may have reached beyond obsession of a character that they can actually marry them. True story...

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
I think a BIG part of her charm is due to Ellen McLain's excellent acting. She manage to do a robotic voice, almost emotionless, and give it a lot of emotions anyway! Or at least it make you feel what the writing want you to feel! All Valve games are pretty well written, but GlaDos is just that amazing. Maybe she would even be a good partner, indeed... like a praying mantis.
Absolutely, freaking yes. Voice acting was phenomenal in Portal 2, even more so than in the first game. It's amazing to think that an actual human being pulled that off. It's hard to choose who did best between GLaDOS's and Wheatley's voice actors, they both made the game for me. So different, and yet both so similarly awesome. Stunning work from Valve there.

Jameson

Reaction score
When I was a kid I had a crush on meleena of Mortal Kombat.That was until I saw her real face lol.Although nowadays I don't have any such hits on gaming characters.

Jameson

Reaction score
My favorite was meleena of Mortal Kombat.Although this was until I saw her real face lol.Although nowadays I think I no longer have any such hits on gaming characters.

juliabennixe

Reaction score
I don't think this would happen to me, ever. That would be sad, haha lol. But if I ever did fall, I think I like to fall in love with Estes. He looks gorgeous with those eyes, and his hair, he is always holding a book. He's a healer. I like guys who does everything in his power even when you don't have any left for you, you still give others your SUPPORT haha get it? Support. Well, he's a support.

WarVet

Reaction score
My favorite was meleena of Mortal Kombat.Although this was until I saw her real face lol.Although nowadays I think I no longer have any such hits on gaming characters.

Personally, i think she'd make a great kisser haha. But really this type of thing happens when we stay too long indoors. Been there before buddy. When we start to go out more things tend to improve.