• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Good Adventure PC game

Phristo

Reaction score
I've been playing stealth, war, 3rd and 1st person shooter games and I'm having nightmares with them. I feel uneasy after playing these violent games. Is there any good adventure games you can recommend to me. Some feel good adventure exploring game. Or just something just good without the violence like Shenmue :) The last PC game you played that you didn't saw any blood please. Much appreciated.

Honeymoon

Reaction score
I was going to suggest you the Fallout series then I noticed you said 'no blood'. Whoops. You'd probably vomit after playing the game if you get uneasy after playing those 3rd and 1st person shooter games lmao.

There's this game called Gone Home that I think would be perfect for you. It's not necessary an open world game or an adventure, but you definitely are exploring areas hence why I'm suggesting it to you. It's not violent at all and you're mostly going around to find things. The strongest element of the game is the story.

ProNine

Reaction score
I would say Lucius 1 and 2. They are games based on the movie trilogy: The Omen. You play as the child of Charles Wagner, a rich American politician. With given powers, you must assume your role as the Anti Christ by killing all the in game characters and fulfilling the biblical prophecies about the end of time.

Edit: I just reread what you posted and realized this does not fit your criteria. Sorry for posting this, however, this game is really entertaining if you ever wish to play it.

Phristo

Reaction score
I was going to suggest you the Fallout series then I noticed you said 'no blood'. Whoops. You'd probably vomit after playing the game if you get uneasy after playing those 3rd and 1st person shooter games lmao.

There's this game called Gone Home that I think would be perfect for you. It's not necessary an open world game or an adventure, but you definitely are exploring areas hence why I'm suggesting it to you. It's not violent at all and you're mostly going around to find things. The strongest element of the game is the story.

The screenshots of Gone Home looks scary :). Thanks for the suggestion I'll be checking them out.

Phristo

Reaction score
I would say Lucius 1 and 2. They are games based on the movie trilogy: The Omen. You play as the child of Charles Wagner, a rich American politician. With given powers, you must assume your role as the Anti Christ by killing all the in game characters and fulfilling the biblical prophecies about the end of time.

Edit: I just reread what you posted and realized this does not fit your criteria. Sorry for posting this, however, this game is really entertaining if you ever wish to play it.

Haha, that's alright. Yep I checked for Lucius 1 images are creepy. I think I may not be able to sleep after playing them. Appreciate it though :)

Phristo

Reaction score
Undertale is an amazing game it takes the art style of "Earthbound and Mother 3". You can also have multiple endings example being you dont kill anmyone or you do etc and if you do kill someone and start over it still effects you in some way. http://store.steampowered.com/app/391540/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_1

I've seen Undertale on most PC adventure top 10's this year. However I'm not really a fan of the 8-bit type of graphics. I'm still gonna try it though. Thanks :)

Jboh

Reaction score
If you don't mind a really unintuitive control scheme , Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons is a nice adventure game. It does have some blood at certain parts, but for the most part there isn't much violence. (If any. It's been a while since I've booted it up)

I also recommend looking into Transistor and Gunpoint. It's kind of hard to talk about Transistor without giving anything away, but the enemies you fight are robots, so there isn't blood from what I can remember.

Gunpoint is a 2D Stealth game where you play as a spy working to solve a murder mystery while also trying to prove his innocence. There are small amounts of pixilated blood, but nothing like crazy. The game heavily discourages killing guards and being violent in general. There are a few occasions where you wont have a choice, but those are few and far between. It is worth noting that Gunpoint does have a free demo available if you're interested in trying it out before you make a decision.

Here's some links to the steam pages.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/225080/ - Brothers

http://store.steampowered.com/app/237930/ - Transistor

http://store.steampowered.com/app/206190/ - Gunpoint
http://store.steampowered.com/app/206190/ - Gunpoint Demo

PSyCHoHaMSTeRza

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with Brothers - A Tale of two sons for a non-violent adventure game. The story is very good with very interesting gameplay mechanics. It also has one of the most memorable endings I have ever experienced. You could also try Dear Esther, Stanley Parable, or anything that has the tag "walking simulator" on steam. There are a lot of them.

PingPongCall

Reaction score
I've been playing stealth, war, 3rd and 1st person shooter games and I'm having nightmares with them. I feel uneasy after playing these violent games. Is there any good adventure games you can recommend to me. Some feel good adventure exploring game. Or just something just good without the violence like Shenmue :) The last PC game you played that you didn't saw any blood please. Much appreciated.
You should play Deponia. It's a point and click adventure style game that's beautifully animated. I think its like $0.90 on GOG at the moment, or maybe indie gala, not sure, point is you can find it super cheap and it's an amazing game.

Steamroller

Reaction score
Man, the indie development scene got you covered!. These are my suggestions.

-Treasure Adventure Game. (Free, GOG.com). A pixel art metroidvania about a boy searching 12 treasures to unlock the ancient secret of a temple. You navigate across the map to visit a wide variety of islands, and using all sorts of items to help you during the adventure. The game has night and day cycles and puzzle/platformer like challenges. Was developed by a single person. Give it a try, is pretty decent.

- Monkey Island/Broken sword. These are the most popular point and click adventure games I thought right now. There are more.

-Yookah Laylee. Is going to be released in October. but I can't wait to play another adventure collectathon like that!.

Joel7050

Reaction score
I know a few games that don't have blood and gore, and not resource intensive, and are pretty friendly such that you don't get unnerved. It's actually a web browser game with a pretty awesome community. Adventure Quest Worlds is the most recent I believe, and you should definitely go check it out. It's a page-by-page game where you click to move, and the battles aren't bloody in any way. It is kind of an adventure game so I just decided to recommend it. You can search for other titles in the Battleon series such as Mechquest. These games are all F2P by the way.

TheViper

Reaction score
The one game that was huge last year that I think fits with what you want. Is this game called Life Is Strange that is heavily story driven. I can't really say anything about it as it can easily be spoiled with the slightest hints. All I can say is that it probably one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had.

ulfhedin

Reaction score
Stardew Valley, this game reminds me of Harvest Moon. It is a role-playing game, where you play a person who inherits land to start a farm. The Room, this game reminds me of Myst, in this puzzle game, you have to figure out how to get out of each room to get to the next. Myst is similar but you explore different worlds to solve a mystery about two brothers. Any sports games would probably be non-violent. For instance, football, basketball, soccer, golf, racing, motor cross, etc... Roller Coaster Tycoon, This is a game where you build amusement parks and try to keep your guest happy. I'm not sure of the genre you might be looking for, or the graphic quality as well. This is a pretty good start though.

john franklin

Reaction score
I love to play the game Tomb Raider. It is an adventurous game. I have played all versions of Tomb Raider. I love the come out of the cave and jump over the water. There are a few games featuring a girl as the main character. Luara craft is the main character in this game. I love her looks and action. I have seen the movie Tomb Raider many times but it is more fun to play this game on PC.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
Nice and relaxing adventure games?
*look at his Steam list*
OK, let's begin:
- Botanicula - or everything from the Amanita Design. They are short small game, with a very nice and unique graphic. There should be some free games on their site, try them to see if you like their style.
- Myst. Adventure exploring game at his finest, one of the most beloved games ever.
- Antichamber: it's a very weird game. You explore a world full of strange things, paradoxes and stuff.. There's no way to explain it, it's absurd but genius
- Psychonauts if you want a good and colorful platform, with an amazing plot and some unique mind-related powers. You enter the brain of people, it have lots of interesting ideas!

BethSztruhar

Reaction score
I'd suggest the Fallout series, or something from Telltale Games (I didn't mentioned The Walking Dead series because there is violence in it, but I think you would be able to handle that. Take a look at it.)

Tronikart

Reaction score
I think you would very much enjoy games like To the moon or Stardew Valley, I found those games to be really laid back and to be able to relax and feel something nice while playing them, while still getting you hooked up on them.

Maybe you would love Stanley's Parable too! Its the most open game Ive ever played so far, with a ton of endings and the narrator is just amazingly well done.

If you are looking for some action driven adventure, I couldnt recommend you more the games from Supergiant games. Those guys rock! They have Bastion and Transistor and both games made me go back in time to feel the way I felt as a kid and got a new game.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
When it comes to adventure games, I guess you can never go wrong with big names from Bethesda. Fallout: New Vegas, The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind, and The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim are some of the best adventure games I've ever played. A big factor is that it's open world, so you kind of get that feeling like you're actually a part of the game, and the storylines are amazingly well done. Though they're pretty old, so if it's top notch graphics you're looking for, you may need a graphics mod for them.