• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Generic Keyboards or Mechanical Keyboards

airfightermax

Reaction score
I have never owned a mechanical keyboard so I can't really see the advantage of having one. I have a generic keyboard and it works quite well so I don't know how a mechanical keyboard would improve my gaming experience.

I have friends that own mechanical keyboards though and they really like it. Maybe If I get to buy one I'll understand why it's better.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
I prefer generic keyboards over mechanical keyboards keyboards. I have had both and I never noticed any difference between generic keyboards or mechanical keyboards outside of the mechanical keyboards costing a lot more. I bought a Razer Blackwidow mechanical keyboard for $150 and I didn't notice any difference over a generic keyboard. However the Razer keyboard died after a year because the left shift key broke and the keyboard was useless after that.

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
Mechanical keyboards are very overpriced in comparison with the generic keyboard. If you are looking to create your setup, invest on the PC components, then think about peripherals. Also, the mechanical could not be a very good experience at first because it is very sensitive, nonetheless, after some days you would feel like you don't ever want a generical keyboard.

thart

Reaction score
As for me, i think that mechanical keyboard are the best for gaming. I use it during few years and i love it, easy to push buttons, etc.

fishmonk

Reaction score
I love my Cherry Blue switches as it has a distinct loud 'click' when I type. However, it's not great if you have a light sleeper as a roommate. My advice is to do research for your specific needs and test out the switches. You do not want to end up buying the wrong keyboard and spend more money on purchasing keyboards.