• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Gaming Screen Resolution

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I usually play games at 1920x1080 (1080p) across the board, both console and PC, if I'm running them full-screen. (I own an Elgato HD 60 Pro and usually play my console games using my computer as the screen, I'm not usually playing games where I have to worry about frame perfection on console.)

Luckily I'm not in a situation where I have to care about graphics too much, but for games like MMORPGs (or that otherwise have enough of a multiplayer component to matter), I'll turn unnecessary settings down at least a little bit for the sake of performance.

There's a few games that I run in windowed mode, though. These resolutions depend on the game, but they're also not games where the graphics were worth phoning home about anyway (I'd rather not look at stretched-out sprites, for example).
The only thing I hate about full screen is that if you alt+tab (and I do like to browse online when I take a break from playing) the game gets a bit laggy when you get back. I don't know if all games do this, but in my experience it will be a pain when I alt+tab graphics extensive games. It sometimes makes me have to save and exit before I can go online, which can be annoying at times.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
1366x768 is my jam (totally not a decision forced by my laptop screen size, of course).
I mean, I do have a second monitor of sorts, but that's my TV. I connect it to my PC from time to time, but I always have to go with less demanding games (unless I want a melted graphic card, that is). I don't particularly care about it, but it's nice to play on a larger screen sometimes.

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
Well, I have it at 1600x900 and it is good at this resolution, I like to have it because it is good and you don't lose anything of the resolution.

ZXD22

Reaction score
I usually play my games at 2560x1440 @ 165 hz overclocked. It's a Dell gaming s24 monitor and it pairs really well with my Gigabyte 1080ti R1!

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I usually play my games at 2560x1440 @ 165 hz overclocked. It's a Dell gaming s24 monitor and it pairs really well with my Gigabyte 1080ti R1!
I don't like overclocking my system if it's not necessary. I don't like changing stuff because it may end up shortening the lifespan of my rig. So far I haven't found the game that needed manual overclocking, so the default ones set by the program I use is enough for my gaming needs. If I ever need something better for a game, I'll just upgrade and give the old parts to the family computer, which is basically Frankenstein's monster at this point because of the spare parts it has.

valy

Reaction score
Hi, Hidden308, I use the resolution 1920x1080, but sometimes I need to modify it and make it smaller, this depends on the game I play.

SashaS

Reaction score
Well, my rather sad little MacBook Air has a measly 13 inch display that pushes out 720p, around 1440 x 900. Sure, its not wonderful and if you look close enough you CAN see the pixels, but its not that awful. Viewing angles I admit are bad though. I wouldn't mind getting a cheaper 1080p Dell 24" display one day and hook it up to a console, but thats for another time.

Fuzyon

Reaction score
I'm playing at 1920x1080 on my laptop at the moment, but I'm looking to upgrade to a 4K monitor once I have the funds available. Full HD resolution is still going strong at the moment, so I don't mind it that much.

castills

Reaction score
Hi, Hidden308, I use the resolution 1920x1080, but sometimes I need to modify it and make it smaller, this depends on the game I play.
Same here. I generally use whatever gets me 30FPS, windowed or not. I use Borderless Gaming form Steam to make custom ones if needed to simplify editing the config files. It's good for any program as well, helpful for drawing in Medibang Paint Pro.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Currently having a dual monitor set-up. My main display has 1600x900 resolution and the other one I believe has 1280x1020 if I'm not mistaken.
My main display uses my dedicated GPU and the other one is on my internal graphics. :)

kenoobie

Reaction score
I'm currently at 1920x1080 resolution. I want to upgrade to a bigger monitor as 21 inches looks small to me as of the moment but anything bigger is a bit expensive.

peachpurple

Reaction score
My laptop resolution is 1366 x 768, that is the maximum point that it can go up. I need a LED monitor to attach to the external HDMI port to get a better screen resolution when I play games online.

fireball916

Reaction score
My laptop is 2560 x 1600 and it looks nice for video and stuff but my laptop can't handle games to make use of the beautiful screen. I don't even know what the resolution of my desktop monitor is. I think it's not even 720p bur it still looks really for the price I paid years ago.