• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

First game you ever played..

Hidden308

Reaction score
What was the very first game you ever played when you first experinced gaming?

Mine would be Super Mario. :thumbsup:

22_22

Reaction score
I think it was cats on the pc when I was like 3 years old. :roflmao:

Demon_skeith

Reaction score
It was super mario bros for the NES, man that seems so many years ago......

Blindy

Reaction score
The first game that I started playing was definitely Super Mario Bros for the Nintendo 64.

James

Reaction score
I think it was Super Mario World for the SNES.

Pokemon

Reaction score
The first game I can remember playing was Super Mario 64, back when I was 3 years old. I can remember running around jumping on goombas and I was really enjoying myself. I doubt I was any good at the game though being only 3 years old. This is making me really miss my old Nintendo 64. :(

jmbrundige

Reaction score
The first video game I ever played was Oregon Trail, on my mom's old MS-DOS computer. I was around five years old at the time, so my mom had to read a lot of the text to me. I don't think I ever got very far on it, unsurprisingly!
The next game I played (and the first I understood) was Super Mario Land 2 for the Game Boy. I was eight, so I knew what I was doing... but I was a very anxious child and the enemies scared me too much! I wasn't a very good gamer when I was young.

Zyni

Reaction score
Man, I'm going to really age myself here, but it was Pong, ha ha. I think that might have been the first video game made.

I had Atari, Nintendo, and stuff, with all the oldies. Asteroids anyone? How about Space Invaders? You can laugh. I'm okay with that. Even early games were a lot of fun. I also got to experience arcade gaming, which was definitely cool. The local arcade was the best hangout.

When Play Station came out, I realized we had come a long way. PC gaming is my thing though. I was an avid World of Warcraft player for years.

viries310

Reaction score
My first game was Super Mario. As a kid, I remember watching my older brother play and laugh at him getting annoyed for failing a level. After that I was intrigued to try the game for myself and actually relate with my brother being frustrated at certain levels of the game. I have great memories with my brother playing this game and I will always hold it close to my heart.

Hoppit

Reaction score
The first game I ever played was, believe it or not, Pong on the Atari 2600. My friend was completely spoilt by his father after his parents split up (probably trying to win him over). He used to get anything he wanted and I remember his bedroom being like an electronic paradise compared to what I had at the time. He had about 10 games for his Atari which was quite a lot at the time. Needless to say I became a regular visitor to his house and completely addicted to gaming. It's safe to say that all these years later not much has changed lol.

prasanna kumar

Reaction score
The scene is still clear to my eyes, the first game i ever played was Super mario and i played on one of my school's computer during computer science classes. When i was in school i used to have computer science classes every week , every student would get a individual comp to work with but of course we were not allowed to play games on the computer, But i did and also got caught for playing.

Kerron Billouin36

Reaction score
That would be easy.. Super Mario's Brothers on Nintendo! It was my first and best game overall because I could remember vividly the joy of feeling the unique joystick in my hand, seeing and playing something on tv for the first time.. It was an incredible experience.

Corzhens

Reaction score
Hmm, I don't exactly remember the first game I have played but maybe it is the Pong in the Atari machine. It is a simple pingpong game where you play against the machine. What rattles me was the sound effect that I always get panicky. There's also an option to play with someone and that would be a lot of fun because there would be teasing and cajoling especially when I have several friends playing with me. But the sad thing is that I always lose when I play with someone.

Kamarsun1

Reaction score
What was the very first game you ever played when you first experinced gaming?

Mine would be Super Mario. :thumbsup:
the first game I played was pac man on the old Atari system, boy have time changed for the better, but back then that was the newest technology that money could buy, that was when the Arcades were still ruling the video game market, but not anymore, home consoles have completely taking over.

kovacs

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, I think it was "Dangerous Dave" for the PC. My father is a programmer, so I have been around PCs since I was born. I remember playing Dangerous Dave on his PC when he was not working. It was a short game, but I just kept playing it over and over again...that was probably the beginning of my gaming addiction!

ulfhedin

Reaction score
I'd have to say my first console game was pong, and my first Atari game was Pac-Man. Neither games where my favorite, that would be Dragon Fire on the Atari. Dragon Fire was a simple game, you had to run across the bridge while dodging fireballs to enter the castle. Once in the castle, you had to dodge the fireballs from the dragon at the bottom of the screen, and collect all of the treasure. This would repeat for every level, but get increasingly more difficult, the more levels you cleared.