• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

First game you bought?

Koyomi Araragi

Reaction score
The first game I remember getting for my PlayStation 3 was Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, primarily because my dad bought it.

megaanmaarie

Reaction score
The first game I bought for my PS4 was Destiny. I got the Destiny bundle, so while I wasn't trying to buy it, it ended up being the first game I bought. After the bundle, the first game I actually bought was Final Fantasy XIV. It was my first MMO that I ever put effort into. It's such a beautiful game, I just hated that it was pay to play.

topflight

Reaction score
For myself, I remember my older cousin sitting me down and showing me Super Mario Land on the Original Game boy which I then played for the rest of the day.

timstargraal

Reaction score
The first game I bought was extremely long ago, probably when I was 3 or 4 for my Gameboy Color and was probably Pokemon Crystal but the first game I properly remember was was the original Counter Strike which was great for my extremely old PC. I still remember coming home from school everyday, jumping onto my computer and playing CS with my friends (yes, this is the 1.6 version). Many of you wonder, "why would you be hyped to play such a potato game?" but if you played it back in the time, it would be the best it would get and even the extremely bad looking 3D models would be great in the eyes of anyone who used technology back then as even Snake was good. And that is probably the first game I clearly remember purchasing, even though I didn't really purchase it.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
I know the post was all about PS4 and I don't own one because I'm not into console gaming it's appropriate for my age anymore. The first game that I bought when I'm still into gaming was Battle City. That was about 1986-87 and the only gaming console back the was Nintendo Family Computer. Yes that may be stone age for you guys but back then we are happy with those super pixelated games. Respect the classics... Or maybe ignore the old guy is the more appropriate term for this.

CorinthianComplex

Reaction score
Along with my first PS4 I also bought The Last of Us. All my gamer friends recommended it to me as well as all the gaming sites I went to and the game has received some awards and accolades so I said, why not even if I wasn't much of a zombie survival fan.

Long story short, this game really changed the genre for me. I bought the remastered one so the graphics were amazing too. I've bought many games since then but The Last of Us really set a high standard. I've been waiting for Days Gone to be released in December because it looked a lot like The Last of Us but with less drama and more action. Nothing beats this zombie tearjerker though, the giraffe still gets to me.

missionreport

Reaction score
Order 66. Well I didn't exactly buy it, it just came with the package you see. But the first PS4 game that I bought with my own money was metal gear solid ground zeroes. I really waited for it's release thinking that it would only be available for the PS4. Later on, I heard it's been cross-platformed to the PC so I was actually disappointed.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
First game I bought was NBA 2K10 for PS3, the one with Kobe on the cover. NBA 2K16 for PS4. I think it's obvious that I like NBA, I'm trying to complete them all, from NBA Live 2001 to NBA 2K17.

Sino989

Reaction score
The first game I had ever bought on my own with my own money was Saints Row 2 because when I was younger my now brother in law had rented it and brought it over to our house and I fell in love with the game.

jahanzeb ali qureshi

Reaction score
I bought GTA. GTA is the best game in my eyes until now. It is a social and interesting game. It feels like I am playing myself into this game. I have dual shock controllers and it is great fun to use those for this game.

Ipa07

Reaction score
First game I bought was GTA San Andreas. It was money well spent. The game was just amazing.

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
My first game (that I bought and not my parents or anyone else) was Batman Arkham City, it was the best game ever, I love it. The game have everything, it is brilliant, every time I am bored I play that and it does not annoy me! But the first game that I have was pepsiman, that one was great too, but I was too young to know about games, that one was great with its simplicity :)

luispas

Reaction score
The first game that I bought myself was Digimon 1, for my Playstation 1.

jahanzeb ali qureshi

Reaction score
The first game that I bought was GTA San Andreas. It was so interesting and fun to play this game. I have been playing this game on PC too. After this one, I bought the soul edge as it was the best sword fighting game out there. I still play these both game. I still do have those games in the rack.

troslim

Reaction score
My first game was FIFA 96, have purchased a lot of the FIFA editions coming out after that one. Don't even know how many hours I put into it.

overcast

Reaction score
I guess for me it has to be those two wolfestein games. And fortunately we played a lot of those games. And they were quiet addictive at that time. You can see that PS series games for FEAR, Silent hill and resident evil are indeed good. So it kept us addicted to playing with console over the PC. Apart from these we also played old CS on PS.

Cendrillon

Reaction score
The first game I had was also a gift from my dad... And somehow he thought Resident Evil 3 would be a suitable gift for his scaredy-cat of a daughter (。・ω・。)?
Not that I can complain though! I still think of it as one of the best survival horror games out there, I might be a coward but I enjoy a good scare as much as the next guy.
First loves are serious business, even more so in the gaming aspect!

Pixie06

Reaction score
The first game I played was Tekken 7. I have always been a fan of Tekken games. I can still remember how I used to enjoy playing this game with my cousins. Those were great memories. What I like about Tekken 7 is that I find the graphics to be better and I also liked the characters. This game was quite expensive but worth my money.

Denis_P

Reaction score
I don't own a PlayStation 4, but the first game that I played on my PS3 was actually MotorStorm as it came bundled with the PS3 at the time. I think that the first game I actually bought was the first Assassin's Creed. Boy was that one heck of a disappointment, considering at the time it still had plenty of glitches and would constantly freeze up on me. Made me question purchasing a PS3 at first, but thankfully other games with better performance made up for it.

Ash

Reaction score
The first ever Playstation that I actually was the first owner for was the Playstation 4. I did have a PS1 but that was actually only a few years ago as someone was giving it away for free online. Before that I had never owned a Sony Playstation before, and I never bought games for it so I'm not going to count that. For the Playstation 4, I think my first ever game was Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 which actually came with the console as a bundle. The first actual game that I bought separately for the PS4 was I think Grand Theft Auto V. I got the PS4 a while after it came out which is why GTA was already out for it ;)