• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

First game you bought?

Danielle Davidson

Reaction score
What was the first game that you bought when you got your PS4? Or even PS3. The first game that I bought was Black Ops 3. I loved the other two, so I knew that I had to get this one as well. I think that this is the best game that they've made yet for the Black Ops series.

InvadeYourSpace

Reaction score
The first game I bought was for Twisted Metal for PS1. I actually used my own money. It was a pretty cool game for the time.

Kitty Reeves

Reaction score
Don't laugh, but I think my first game bought was the 4th Harry Potter game? It was either that or a really crappy InuYasha game. The first console I had was a PS2, that I got for Christmas.

gamer2x

Reaction score
My first game was actually a series of games. I got myself the God of War triology.
I still play it repeatedly because of the sheer brilliant game-play and brilliant story line in the game as I never get bored.

The action and the story in all 3 of these are simply brilliant.

Dowls

Reaction score
The first physical game I bought myself was FIFA 10. I got up in the early AM, around about 3 or 4 and headed down to my local supermarket to pick it up so that I could play it a lot before school. I remember getting lots of weird looks as I walked around the store like a zombie holding only FIFA 10 and microsoft points. Thankfully, I take holidays from work every time there is a new FIFA release nowadays.

Snow90

Reaction score
The first game I got with my PS1 was Tomb Raider. I remember being about 7 and having run, raiding those tombs. And then OMG DINOSAUR!!!!! Terrifying for a 7 year old, Dad killed it for me.

First game with my own money. WWF Smackdown 2 Know Your Role. AKA The best wrestling game ever. Cashier wouldn't sell it to me. Until I could convince him I was 15.... I was 11, maybe 12.

Steamroller

Reaction score
For Ps3, my first game was Demon Souls and Ni No Kuni simultaneously. Granted, I didn't bought PS3 since first day release and only purchased for a few games, but that is.

rz3300

Reaction score
Well I have a pretty vivid memory of getting GTA as the first game for the Playstation 3. I tend to go in phases when it comes to my gaming, and so this was my GTA phase, and it just happened to be when the PS3 was just coming out, so it made sense. I have since lost a lot of interest in the game, but back then I was super excited. Those were some good memories, so thank you for sharing.

Snow90

Reaction score
@rz3300 I remember getting my PS2. Long after everyone else as school got one. So I was late to that game. But no one else parents would buy them the GTA games. Mum and Dad got me and my Brother a PS2 plus GTAIII and Vice City. First kid in school to play it.

Like you I was supper excited. I'd been reading about the games in magazines for years before that point and now I had 2. TWO!!!! What do I do? What do I play first?..... And then mum said I had to let the little bro play PS2 first and he wanted to play PS1 Fifa World Cup 98, a full hour until my go. I was distraught. I sulked the whole time.

Those were the days lol

TheViper

Reaction score
I know that the OP asked about the PS4 but I think most of us forget all the great games that came out in past generations. The one big major console we owned was a Atari and we progressed from there until we got a PlayStation One. We have two PS1's for some reason and they are both the old big grey version. Not the kinda slim version that will make you have just a little bit more space. Though, not a lot of space that would actually make any sort of difference. With that being said the first game I got for my PS1 was Doom. What a game to initially get when you are five years old and receive nightmares simply from the light bulb flickering before it dies.

Casiox

Reaction score
When it comes to games, the first game that was ever bought to me by my dad was Sled Storm, it was such a nice PSone game, it was about snow bikes and that sort of stuff, it actually was the first game I ever played on a console. When talking about games bought by myself, I think that the first PC game I bought from Steam was Counter-Strike, actually the best game ever.

amyonsidewalks

Reaction score
The whole reason that I bought a PS3 was for Uncharted. I LOVE the whole series. It was the first game I bought and the first game I finished all by myself. I still play it from time to time. Would definitely recommend to anyone if you like adventure games.
For my PS4, I purchased the Destiny bundle. Oddly enough, I still haven't really played or gotten into Destiny. I'm terrible at first person shooters, so I haven't had much interest in it. My nephew seems to love it. Maybe one day I will pick it up so my nephew and I can play together? What do you think of Destiny? Did you like it?

SunnysideUP

Reaction score
My first game ever, was an outdated shooting airplane game called Raptor: Call of the Shadows, for Windows 3.1 or DOS...yeah, that old! It had pixelated graphics but it was surprisingly elegantly designed for an old game, both in the menus as well as the various stages. It basically had 4 main sectors with various sub-stages each, with increasing difficulty. The player was supposed to clear the stages in a way that earned the most credits, to buy better weapons, shields and bombs. Basically unless you grinded the early stages over and over, it was impossible to clear the entire first sector.
Unlike many modern games, Raptor was also glitchless, something I can't say for many of the latest games out there.
Overall it's a game with a high replay-value, and I still play it from time to time.

Referal

Reaction score
I would say GTA China town it was pretty boring at that time I had it on Nintendo DS

Gladdy

Reaction score
I've just recently purchased PS4 - I gave in, and I bought Horizon: Zero Dawn. I'm so glad I did! That game is beyond good. Not only is it stunning looking but the story is amazing and what impressed me the most is all the quirky little impressions they've made on character's faces during dialogs.

I also owned PS1 and PS2. My first PS1 game was pandemonium. I still remember playing it for hours and hours. It was so addicting :)

Referal

Reaction score
I've just recently purchased PS4 - I gave in, and I bought Horizon: Zero Dawn. I'm so glad I did! That game is beyond good. Not only is it stunning looking but the story is amazing and what impressed me the most is all the quirky little impressions they've made on character's faces during dialogs.

I also owned PS1 and PS2. My first PS1 game was pandemonium. I still remember playing it for hours and hours. It was so addicting :)
mine was PS3 my cousin gave his i threw it recently.

john franklin

Reaction score
The first game that I bought for my PS4 was GTA. I love the missions in this game. I like to run the fast cars and bike. Radio stations are so much interesting. I love destroying the vehicles and fighting with police and other people. I feel like a real hero of this game. Another game that I bought with it was WWE. It is fun to enjoy the game in tag team mode. I still remember these both games.

Mattmattics

Reaction score
The first game I remember buying was Kingdom Hearts. My fam bought my games up to this point. It was worth every penny and I got it from Walmart.

lordrenly

Reaction score
Wow, the generation gap really shows in this thread. My first PS1 game that I bought was Resident Evil 1 and I bought it with the money that I saved from my part time jobs between high school and college. My parents gave me the console and a couple of games that I don't personally like but to be able to play the game that you bought from your hardwork, that is something else.

Empire

Reaction score
Long time ago that I can not even remember. You mean the first game that I got with my own money?

Well It's PC games on discs and I remember I got Ford racing at an very low cost. Back them I got very cheap old games to run on Windows 98 and XP then when Windows 7 came out I got into the gaming more with an good 2012 Laptop that I had.