• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite SmackDown! vs RAW

LitoLawless

Reaction score
Remember SmackDown! vs RAW? For those who don't know, SmackDown! vs RAW was a WWE's PlayStation exclusive wrestling series. The first one was released in 2004 and the last in 2011. I bought everysingle one one the day of or the week of their releases. I even had SvR 2011 for PSP!

Out of all of them my favorite had to be 2011. I would spend hours on Universe mode and since I had it on PSP, I would take it anywhere with me.

Jojo83

Reaction score
I played the first one and it's enjoyable as hell. I would go through every wrestler from Smackdown and Raw and pit them against each other. Of course, back then WWE's shows had a different wrestler roster for every show. So it was interesting how one of the wrestlers from Smackdown for example would fare against a Raw wrestler.

FosterTXT

Reaction score
My favorite Smackdown Vs Raw game was the 2007 edition. I used to play that game for hours on end with my brothers and friends. The game featured all of my favorite wrestlers at that time so that was a big plus.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
My favorite was the first one, the Smackdown vs Raw. From Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain. The concept of Smackdown vs Raw was really great. I hated when they added a stamina, I always turn it off on the gameplay.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I think I loved Smackdown vs. Raw 2007. I just fell in love with the soundtrack and at the time it was the first WWE game I've ever played on the PS2. But as time went on, I bought Smackdown: Here comes the pain and I loved it more than any WWE game to date. It's also probably because I'm very biased towards the roster and its vibe since my favorite WWE era was the retro Lesnar and Goldberg era so I was so fascinated on playing them there since they weren't included in the Smackdown vs. Raw games.

Denis_P

Reaction score
I have actually never played a SmackDown vs. RAW game, as I think most of them came out after I had already lost interest in wrestling. However, while I was still into it, my favorite game was WWF SmackDown! Just Bring It for the PlayStation 2. I never owned it but I recall renting it out every weekend and having a really great time playing with my dad. I had completely forgotten about it until now actually, and now I'm feeling nostalgic!

I recall playing a WWF game for the PlayStation One as well. I think it was WWF SmackDown! 2: Know Your Role. Funny story, my friend got in trouble with his parents because he was wrestling with his siblings when they specifically said he wasn't allowed to. As a result, his parents took the game away and just gave it to me. Sucks for him, but hey free game.

Fuzyon

Reaction score
SmackDown! vs RAW is still one of my favorite games I used to play on PSP, I remember the good old times of completing Road to Wrestlemania with cool wrestlers. My favorite one has to be the game made in 2009, it had the coolest layout, most game modes, stories and it was a huge upgrade over 2008.

Kenicki

Reaction score
Smackdown vs Raw was such and awesome game. I loved getting a bunch of friends together and doing a tournament night. we play that game from sundown to sun up. it would be so great to get no sleep and see who would go all night without losing a match. as was has without losing a tag team match.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Here Comes the Pain would always be my favorite. Lesnar, Goldberg, Biker Taker; you can talk to the wrestlers in season mode, you can fight in Time Square and jump on a helicopter for a dive! How can you not like that? WWE games these days are just plain boring in my opinion; more on grappling and countering while having really generic comments and cutscenes during the season mode. Waste of money I say.

john franklin

Reaction score
It all depends on my mood. Some times I like to play SmackDown while sometimes I like to play Raw. Lesnar is my favorite wrestler. I love to talk to wrestlers in season mode. I dont think that WWE is boring. You will enjoy more if you are expert at that game.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
It all depends on my mood. Some times I like to play SmackDown while sometimes I like to play Raw. Lesnar is my favorite wrestler. I love to talk to wrestlers in season mode. I dont think that WWE is boring. You will enjoy more if you are expert at that game.
Yeah talking to the wrestlers were great in Here Comes the Pain. I don't think they've done the open world backstage area in newer games where you can talk to wrestlers and explore around. It sucks since that was great. I remember insulting wrestlers then having to start a backstage brawl because they got pissed off. Then you start throwing each other on the walls, then it unlocks new areas. Good times.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Smackdown vs Raw was such and awesome game. I loved getting a bunch of friends together and doing a tournament night. we play that game from sundown to sun up. it would be so great to get no sleep and see who would go all night without losing a match. as was has without losing a tag team match.
I remember when they still had timed matches. Max 15 minutes I think then it's a draw. When I had to play with my cousins we always maximized the time and finish the tag team match at around 14:50 just so we can play the entire game as much as we can. Good times :)

Jameson

Reaction score
My all time wrestling game was WWE smackdown vs Raw 2004 edition.Back when we had the likes of Rhino and the Hardy Brothers.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
Here Comes the Pain would always be my favorite. Lesnar, Goldberg, Biker Taker; you can talk to the wrestlers in season mode, you can fight in Time Square and jump on a helicopter for a dive! How can you not like that? WWE games these days are just plain boring in my opinion; more on grappling and countering while having really generic comments and cutscenes during the season mode. Waste of money I say.
That's true sadly. Have you seen the WWE 2k17? I thought the graphics were so terrible compared to today's standards. I like the graphics of the old games better, the old Smackdown vs. Raw installments had better details. The graphics they used on 2k17 looked so bad for my taste, there were barely any details and everyone looked so bland, it looks like there's not much effort put into making the game.

Gladdy

Reaction score
My first and only Smackdown! vs RAW was I think in 2010 or 2011? Not sure but I played it on my PlayStation 2. A friend lent it to me when he went on holidays and I surprisingly fell in love with it! I don't often play wrestling games, I prefer the Tekken style but I seriously enjoyed beating up some guys. I spent hours creating the perfect wrestler, haha. Are the series discounted now or renamed?

Anybody remembers JOHN CENAAAA? :p

thart

Reaction score
The first one! i know there are more features and more realistic play, but i gotta say, i just liked the first one the best.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
That's true sadly. Have you seen the WWE 2k17? I thought the graphics were so terrible compared to today's standards. I like the graphics of the old games better, the old Smackdown vs. Raw installments had better details. The graphics they used on 2k17 looked so bad for my taste, there were barely any details and everyone looked so bland, it looks like there's not much effort put into making the game.
Compared to the effort 2K has done in the NBA games, WWE ones were lackluster. NBA had pre-game, halftime, post-game shows, full animation with Shaq, Jet, and EJ. They were really trying to get the whole "NBA TV Show" deal going on. They even have sideline reporters for updates on injuries while in the game. Then we have interviews of actual players animated in the game while they show it during breaks. WWE had... Renee Young interviewing your character while he gives the most generic responses to questions. Brilliant.

mcbryan

Reaction score
I totally love SmackDown vs Raw. My childhood friend and I are addicted to it wherein we save our money just to pay the rental games.We played every category of the game like Tag Team, Versus, and even Royal Rumble. The best part about it is when you able to perform the famous Smack to your opponent.

Haristar

Reaction score

I used to be a fan of the Smackdown vs Raw series and my favorite was the 2007 series as well. I and my brother used to play this game and we will compete for each other in our PS2 which was our first gaming console. They were good old times and we will have awesome fun. I totally agree with you that the 2k17 version of this awesome wrestling game is totally horrible and a waste of money.

Tania997

Reaction score
Smackdown Vs. RAW 2006 is the one that truly stands out for me. The roster, the Game Modes, the Gameplay and even the graphics for it's time were well implemented. If you remember, this game featured Double KOs, Stamina, and a Momentum system all in one game, which revolutionized the Gameplay at that time. I remember having epic matches (before the new Epic setting!), and being able to have a match finish realistically as a Draw via a Double KO. Tried Here comes The Pain and that was also incredible. The roster and game modes were simply amazing, really loved spearing people with Goldberg.