• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

PS2 Favorite PS2 Game?

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
My favorite PS 2 games is Prince of persia and Resident Evil 4. By the way, i didn't heard anyone talk about Prince of Persia here?
PoP: the Sands of Time was great. I remember drooling over it when the TV shows that review games gave all gave it 5 stars. I really enjoyed the game since it had great graphics (at the time) and the time travel aspect was an amazing twist to the whole platform level games that I experienced while playing Crash Bandicoot, Kingdom Hearts, etc. The ability to rewind time to fix mistakes was an excellent addition to the gaming mechanics.

thart

Reaction score
PoP: the Sands of Time was great. I remember drooling over it when the TV shows that review games gave all gave it 5 stars. I really enjoyed the game since it had great graphics (at the time) and the time travel aspect was an amazing twist to the whole platform level games that I experienced while playing Crash Bandicoot, Kingdom Hearts, etc. The ability to rewind time to fix mistakes was an excellent addition to the gaming mechanics.
Finally someone heard me haha..
You are right The Sands Of Time was awesome and i really enjoyes playing it. What abou the othe series? Did you played them?

valy

Reaction score
Hi, my favorite Ps2 game was Metal Gear Solid 2 because the environments are amazing, when on the deck of the tank the rain effects are extremely lifelike, along with rain drops hitting the ship and characters.

Jameson

Reaction score
My favorite PS2 game would be Smackdown vs Raw 2004 edition.It was a classic.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
The God of War series and Twisted Metal: Head On! But since I've already mentioned those two a lot of times now in this forum, I'll just say Dragon Ball Budokai Tenkaichi 3. Still one of the best Dragon Ball games I've ever played in my entire life. The combat was really good and the roster was excellent. As much as I love Xenoverse, the combat for DBBT3 is still the best one ever for me.

mikeypaine

Reaction score
Bully is probably my favorite PS2 game. I was pretty young playing that game and didn't have a lot to compare it to, but it was a good story and had lots of entertaining characters. I recently bought it on PSN for my PS4 and I've played a good amount and I'm happy to say it holds up! It's not a remaster or anything like that though - it's just a port as far as I can tell. Hope it gets a sequel or something like that.

SeanP

Reaction score
The PS2 was such an awesome console, and I can't possibly come up with an all time favorite.

The Ratchet and Clank series comes to mind; those games were so good! The platforming was tight, the weapons were unique and different, and the shooting was good for a game of its genre. I wish the modern Ratchet and Clank games were as good.

Rockstar killed it during this gen, and both Bully and San Andreas are all-time greats. I'd love to see a sequel to Bully someday.

I've seen Burnout Revenge mentioned a few times, and I would have to agree. That game was addictive, and crash mode is a feature that has yet to be matched by any contemporary racing games.

Haristar

Reaction score
Now I don't have PS2 with me because I sold it and bought PS4. Yet I have good old memories of playing some awesome games in it. My all time favorite were Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Shadow of the Colossus. I never get tired of those games and to me, they were the most epic games ever made. Thanks for the thread though bringing back the good old memories :)

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
I'm gonna be honest and say that I miss my PS2... I like my PS3 but I've had good memories with my older version.

Anyway, enough about me, what's your favorite PS2 game ever? (If you never had a PS2, you could list your favorite Xbox game.)

Couldn't agree more. I liked the PS3 but preferred my PS2 as I made a plethora of memories on that console.

For me, it's a tie between Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and God of War 2. GTA: SA though, I think wins by a narrow margin. I was first introduced to that game on the PS2 console and still play it to this day. As far as open worlds are concerned, it was well ahead of its time, in my opinion!