• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

PS2 Favorite PS2 Game?

Slash

Reaction score
I'm gonna be honest and say that I miss my PS2... I like my PS3 but I've had good memories with my older version.

Anyway, enough about me, what's your favorite PS2 game ever? (If you never had a PS2, you could list your favorite Xbox game.)

Reverie

Reaction score
Kingdom Hearts is my favorite PS2 game. :D

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
I never had a ps2 but whenever I went to my friends house we would all play either Madden or NHL, good times :)

Demon_skeith

Reaction score
my favorite series to play was .hack and the sly cooper games.

fantanoice

Reaction score
Never owned one myself, I've only ever played the games that were re-released for PS3/Vita. Out of those, my favourites were probably Ico, Persona 4 (Golden as I played on Vita) and Jak 2.

Ahab

Reaction score
It's hard for me to choose one, the PS2 is one of my favourite consoles of all time.
Maybe it's Metal Gear Solid 3 because it really is something else. The survival aspect, the freedom of choice within the tools that you have for infiltration, the presentation, the story, the characters... everything makes it for a beautiful game. It's also my favourite MGS game.

Kaitara

Reaction score
This is a tough one. PS2 had some amazing games. If we were talking PSX and not just PS2, I would go with Chrono Cross (the semi-sequel to Chrono Trigger). If we're restricted to PS2 games only, then I'd have to say Final Fantasy XII and Kingdom Hearts/KH2 tie as my favorites. I find FFXII to have the most interesting story and battle system of the newer-gen FF games, with some of the best characters (Balthier especially) and definitely the best English voice acting Square-enix has seen probably ever. Kingdom Hearts is a no brainer for anyone who loves Disney, like me.

ScorpionWaterfall

Reaction score
This is a difficult question. PS2 had a lot of really good games. It definitely had better diversity than PS3. I would have to say that it's a toss up between the X-Men Legends games and the Mortal Kombat games. I played a lot of different games on my PS2, but I kept going back to those.

PingPongCall

Reaction score
Star Ocean 3: Till The End of Time. That game.....that goddamn game consumed so much of my life that I may have been better off becoming a herioin addict.

Seriously though, it was the first game that ever completely absorbed me into its narrative, more than that though, the customization options for my weapons and armor blew my tiny mind back then. There was also the fact that it took multiple play throughs to learn everything about the gamer because it made you choose which characters were actually going to be with you throughout the remainder of the game.

Love it. I LOVE IT ALL.

Maelalove

Reaction score
Final Fantasy in general. Playstation 2 was normal around my pre-teen to teen days, and it's super nostalgic for me. With Final Fantasy also being big around that time, it was one of the most common games I played, and quite frankly I'm not sure I would have changed that at all. I just couldn't think of a better game to fill my time.

Squigly

Reaction score
I'd have to go with the Metal Gear series. Solid Snake was fantastic, in my opinion with almost as much depth, storyline and game design as MGSV: The Phantom Pain despite being almost a decade apart.

Dabstin

Reaction score
I only owned a handful of games for PS2, less than 10 I think. One of my favorites has to be Shadow of the Colossus. Also Speed Racer 2 (I think that was its name). It was a fun, quick paced highly immersive racing game that I used to play with my siblings. I really miss it.

john franklin

Reaction score
I love the GTA San Andreas the most on PS2. It is my most favorite game on every console and PC. I played it for 6 hours every day regularly but I never got bored from it.

thart

Reaction score
My favorite PS 2 games is Prince of persia and Resident Evil 4. By the way, i didn't heard anyone talk about Prince of Persia here?

overcast

Reaction score
I think I played the shadow of the colossus first on this console. I never owned this console myself. But the console was from friend and we played this game for hours. So it kind of stuck into my memory. And I'd say this was one of those games I'd play again if I were to get the chance for playing this game.

Zeyad

Reaction score
I had a lot of PlayStation 2 games but my favorite has to be the tom and jerry fight game it was multiplayer I played with my siblings and it was just so much fun

Westbay

Reaction score
The Play Station 2 was one of the most digital successful consoles ever made I had to give it to Sony when they launched it, they made it in different sizes and the graphics were light years ahead of that of the Play Station 1 so here's my top ten favorite games and mind you I finished all these games the adventure ones.
1. Scarface: the world is your
2. Bully
3. Gta: San Andreas
4. Spider man 2
5. Socom Combined Assault
6. Metal gear solid 3
7. Mercenaries
8. God of war 1
9. God of war 2
10. Burnout Revenge