• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite PC Game Genre?

castills

Reaction score
I enjoy tactical RPGs like Shadowrun Dragonfall. The pressure is on!

luispas

Reaction score
My favorite genre is Combat/Fights, I rather to play a game that has a basic or simple style. I hate when you find games with huge maps, a lot of missions and thousands of characters that has no relevance.
That's why I choose this genre, it has a few characters that really stands out and the mechanic of the game in general is pretty easy: Kill your enemy :)

m33kuh

Reaction score
I have a variety of genres ranging from MOBA, FPS, RTS and MMORPG. It's good to have different choices specially when you get bored of repeating games. :)

jahanzeb ali qureshi

Reaction score
I like the action and horror game. I love the racing games too. My favorite action game is GTA and Mission IGI. My favorite racing game is Need for Speed and F1 race. I like the game House OF Dead as it is the best horror and action game.

Jack_Dan

Reaction score
Most of the time I play FPS games on my PC, but I also love playing RPG and MMPORG. Mostly I have played Call of Duty series on my PC as an FPS game. Other than that Battlefield, Medal of Honor, Far Cry, Halo. etc. are the games I played on MY PC. I always love FPS games, and I would like to try any new games in this generation.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I love exploration games. I don't simply want to follow directions and have to go where the game wants me to. Exploration games remove a lot of barriers that limited you in older games, where you had to finish certain quests or acquire certain skills before being able to pass through another area. That's why I hated linear games. Too repetitive, and you don't get to have the freedom you want. Why do I have to save the world? Can't I just be a woodcutter somewhere and making money off trades?

Denis_P

Reaction score
Hands down my favorite genre has to be action-adventure RPGs. I'm talking along the lines of The Elder Scrolls or Fallout games. A vast open world with dozens of quests and infinite possibilities. I don't like games where you go from point A to point B for 8 hours and then it's over. I like being able to create my own story and have unique adventures. Or if I'm not up to fighting dragons and trolls, just take a walk in the forest or go on a hunt. RPGs are perfect for that.

Deathisue

Reaction score
My favorite genre is the rpg, since my childhood , i dont know why but i always that kind of games got my atention, i feel free in that games and just the oportunity to create my own character and change whatever i want just buy me in the vulgar form of the word.

fishmonk

Reaction score
My favorite game genre for now is MOBA. I currently play Dota 2 regularly with my group of friends. I really enjoy this genre since it encourages teamwork and coordination. There is always things that we can improve on such as communication, strategy, personal skills and etc. This genre allows us to have a taste of competitive gaming as well since there are many online tournaments to join.

valy

Reaction score
Hi, Guardian, I like RPGs game genre on my PC, I like Oblivion or Jade Empire, and strategy games captivate me easily. I've seen that games, in general, have been going down hill as no ones trying anything new and games focus have been shifting away from the story.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
DiabloIII as of now i cant play the game because I'm working overseas.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
I've always been a huge fan of real time strategy games like Age of Empires and Stronghold Crusader. Castle and city-builder games have also ranked pretty highly on my list for a while as well. Something about building my own community and keeping it running in game is really cool to me. Along with this, simulation games like Rollercoaster Tycoon also have a special place in my heart. The amount of creativity I can put into those games is phenomenal!

airfightermax

Reaction score
I love platformers and RPGs.I like platformers because they are really easy to get onto. The controls very simple (though this depends mainly on the game), but the gameplay can range from mindlessly easy to super difficult.

I like RPGs because of the depth of story that most of them seem to have. I'm not usually very good at min-maxing so I usually don't go too crazy with that aspect of RPGs but it's worth it to get onto those if you know what you are doing.

thart

Reaction score
Freespace 2, It's the greatest space combat sim ever made. Excellent gameplay, storytelling, voice acting, graphics and music. It even holds up surprisingly well almost 20 years later.

zeedollar

Reaction score
FPS games, Sport games, and maybe a little bit of adventures. But top of my list has always been the FPS, Get them before they get you, simple rules i adhere to all the time.

Philip Pines

Reaction score
My two favorite game genres are RPG's and Hack and Slash games.
I don't really know it either but whenever I play RPG's I get that sense of having an alternative life or something. LOOOL
That's why I especially enjoy RPG games that change along with the choices you make in the game, it helps me fill the missing adventure in my life :"( hahah

On the other hand, I enjoy hack and slash games only because I got so hooked in the Devil May Cry Series :D
Also, doesn't it look so cool doing combos in those games??! :pigeoncool:

Inqogn1to

Reaction score
I almost exclusively play Fps multiplayer games and that's mainly because I enjoy the community aspect of it. Nothing in my opinion is more fun when it comes to gaming then co-operating with friends on Discord or Ts. It can be quiet entertaining to witness the broad range of emotions a game can induce in real time LOL. When I feel like being alone and avoiding random rage screams I usually play strategy games like Age of empires 3.

WarVet

Reaction score
For me, it has to be RPGs and strategy games. Nothing beats creating and upgrading your character in RPG games. I feel like i can give the game my very own face. Like i was inside the game myself. Strategy is also good because it stimulates creative thought.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
My favorite genres are RPG and MMORPG. I can get lost for hours in a game like Skyrim, Fallout, FFXIV ect. The only problem is I get a little too lost and I don't get anything done for the day lol. :smiley:

Pixie06

Reaction score
I don't really play PC games those days. I prefer to play games on my PlayStation. Some of the games that I have played on my PC and really appreciated are Commando, Age of Empires (the best) , Need for Speed, Super Mario, Counter Strike.