• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite games for the SNES.

ScorpionWaterfall

Reaction score
I'm not usually one to jump on the bandwagon, but I have to say Super Mario World, as well. The runners-up were the Mortal Kombat games. They might have been my favorites if I could ever figure out those combos and fatalities. I also liked the X-Men game that they had. I mean, by today's standards, it's not the best fighting game, but it was still fun to play when I downloaded it from the PlayStation Store.

nisskrystal1982

Reaction score
Honestly, I am a big Mario fan. I love any game that was in the Mario franchise. Besides those, I really liked the Final Fantasy games as well. It's been a while since I have played those, though. I may need to dig them out and give them a shot once again.

I have to admit, I don't remember playing Chrono Trigger. I see a number of you say it was awesome, so maybe I need to check it out. It's possible I played it when I was younger and my parents would rent games from the video store for me. There were so many, I honestly don't recall all of them.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
Super Mario World, great music and a great game in general. I really love the castle song, I tried playing it on the piano, but it's too awesome for me. I often play it these days using a an emulator and a SNES USB controller, it's the perfect way of wasting your time!
I agree. Super Mario World for sure!

jenmc

Reaction score
There are so many good games for the SNES. One of my top choices would absolutely be Super Mario Kart. I could play the Mario Kart games all day. If I had to choose just one game, though, I have to go with Donkey Kong Country. I was a kid when it came out and I just remember being so impressed by this game. The graphics were amazing for the time, kind of three dimensional. Also, the actual game play was impressive. This particular title was so much fun to play.

rz3300

Reaction score
Well I am going to need to think back a little bit, but I can remember some good ones. I think that my overall favorite would have to be Street Fighter because I spent a lot of time on that, and I used to love the movies too (which I now realize are terrible of course). Those were some good games, and it makes me kind of want to see a modern versions, but maybe someday. I know the Mario games were good too, like always. Thanks for sharing.

Steamroller

Reaction score
Chrono Trigger and Terranigma. There are tons more but I will settle with these ones. :D

Blue Betta

Reaction score
A lot of people seem to be Chrono Trigger fans. I liked Super Mario RPG, personally. In fact, I'm replaying it as a ROM. It may not have had as good of a story as Chrono Trigger, but I like what they did with the classic characters, and I enjoyed having Princess (I know her name is Peach, but that's what the game called her) and Bowzer as playable characters. I'd always liked the Mario games, and I think Super Mario RPG blended both the RPG aspect and the Mario franchise really well.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
CONTRA! Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A! It's simple and fantastic, I can't remember if I finished it though. I think I finished it with a friend back then, but I'm not so sure because some stages were quite similar gameplay-wise. Still, all I remember is I had so much fun with it, I think I played a remake on a console before and it just wasn't as good as the original.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
Donkey kong all the way. Honirable mentions where supermario world and MK.

Chinatown88

Reaction score
Super Mario World. As a little kid, it was fun finding the secret exits with my brother. And screw Wendy's Castle. It was the hardest thing ever to get past those giant spikes as a little kid.

Denis_P

Reaction score
Do I have to choose just one? Oh please don't make me choose just one. The SNES had one of the best gaming libraries in the history of gaming, so I can't help but do it the honor of at least giving it a Top 10. My 10 personal favorite games on the SNES are:

1. Super Mario World.
2. Mega Man X (1-3)
3. Gradius 3.
4. Street Fighter II: Turbo.
5. Yoshi's Island.
6. Kirby's Dream Course.
7. Super Metroid.
8. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.
9. F-Zero.
10. Super Castlevania IV.

Got me feeling nostalgic over here.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
It's hard to pick just one game, but I'll go with Earthbound. I can't decide what game is "the best one", so I went with the one that felt the most unique to me.
Super Metroid, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger and A Link to the Past are all up there, though. They were revolutionary for the gaming industry and there is no way around that, they all set new standards in their respective genres. Same goes for Super Mario World, but I'm...kind of embarrassed to admit that I never brought myself to finish it. Unforgivable, I know.