• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite childhood game

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
Growing up, I began on consoles first. My parents bought me a Nintendo GameCube (remember those?) sometime around 2002. My favorite childhood game is Mario Kart: Double Dash. We had three controllers and used to battle night after night passed my bed time to see who would be the champion for that week. Then it turned into a champion for that day! I'll never forget those late night gaming memories with my mom and dad. Excellent times!

Master Pleb Lord Charger

Reaction score
I loved playing "Hide From Uncle Joey". It's where me and my 12 brothers ran away from our uncle who locked us in rooms with him and did some wacky stuff.

anadrotowski

Reaction score
My favorite childhood game was Ocarina of Time. I played it constantly with my older brothers and even started my own adventure in the game. I loved the graphics, I loved the characters, the mechanics of the game, and really enjoyed the quality time I spent with my siblings, who helped me in that little adventure.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
My favorite childhood game was the original Rollercoaster Tycoon. I was turned onto tycoon games early on, and they really piqued my interest! Something about being able to create and manage your own theme park, zoo, or whatever was really cool to me. I actually just recently bought the RCT pack on Steam because it was on sale and I was in the mood for some nostalgia.

Now that I have a job and buy things of my own, it was great being able to purchase the expansion packs to play parks that I never got to when I was younger and couldn't buy them on my own.

thedadinomicon

Reaction score
Among my first games were titles like Tony Hawk, Gex, Sonic, Mortal Kombat, X-men, Altered Beast...
I could go on, but my first favorite was on my dads sega genesis. The game was primal rage, and I was the master at this game. None of my siblings or friends could beat me at it and neither could my dad.
I recently got set up with a raspberry pi so I could relive all those great games that I remember. some of them still hold up, some not so much. Primal rage would be better if I had someone to play with but my girlfriend just cant beat me so she gave up.
My all time favorite play as a kid was probably Ratchet and Clank. throughout the life of my ps2 I logged several hours a week playing a Ratchet and Clank game, I often revisit them on my ps3 versions as well.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
GTA San Andreas was my first GTA game and it blew my mind. From the open world gameplay, to the violence, to the driving aspects; it was a complete game and you get to have fun both when playing missions or when you are simply driving around, trying to enjoy this video game world. It was an amazing experience and I would definitely like a newer version released. The newer games are great, but San Andreas combined seriousness and fun in one breathtaking game.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
It's either Super Mario on the Family Computer or Pokemon on GameBoy Color. I never finished Super Mario (I know, loser right?), It was effin' hard for me. I spent a lot of time playing those games when I was young. I think I spent months playing Pokemon, after I finished one, I'll try to finish a different version of the game. Golden times.

Mr. Kiborgue

Reaction score
favourite childhood game would have to be half life..
The feeling of dread i had while playing it as a child was just priceless AHAHHAH!

Denis_P

Reaction score
Oh man, difficult to answer considering to this day many of my favorite games are still from the old school SNES era of my childhood, but I'd say it's a tossup between Super Mario World and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

If I really had to choose it'd probably be Super Mario World because that was the first game I had ever played, and my memories of it are just too great to ever be replaced. A Link to the Past is a close runner up though because the sense of adventure and just the uniqueness of the game is unparalleled for that era of gaming.

Javo1096

Reaction score
I have to say it was Bloody Roar 2 without a doubt, never got tired of it and kept playing for 9 hours a day more or less. I knew (still know) all the combos, special tricks with the animal transformations, literally know everything about the game, even some times I would let the introductory video play and make the movements of the character, what can I say I was an 8 year old child amazed of how a half mole ninja kid (Bakuryuu) could beat to the ground a massive nasty looking old man that could transform into a lion (Gado) so many good memories :relieved:

prasanna kumar

Reaction score
There's a big list but most fav among them are dangerous dave, super mario and road rash, boy! I was addicted to these games so much, I used spend atleast 6 hours playing these games and I have not forgotten these games even now. Road rash is still on my PC.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
Super mario was always my first game so its always been my favorite. Im thinking if i can still do the hundred lives.
Also I love Contra. Learning the 30 lives trick was indedd the best thing.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
Definitely Twisted Metal 3. I loved it to its core. The memories I've had playing it with my friends and outsmarting the final boss (Primeval) was something to be cherished. I remember during the final boss, we were struggling to beat him, and the arena was a blimp with like a big square hole in the middle with small bumps as borders, my friend taunted the boss to the hole and just hit turbo so that he would end up in mid-air while the boss falls out of the blimp. We couldn't believe something so stupid worked.

Chinatown88

Reaction score
Super Mario World. It was fun discovery all the secret exits with my brother. And trying to beat Wendy's castle. Holy that was a hard castle to get through. We went around it for the longest time until we finally sucked it up and tried to beat it. A bunch of lives later we got through those freaking giant spikes that come crashing down.

Deen

Reaction score
The brick game is what I use when i was a small kid, it was bought to me by my mother. I like it so much that I sleep and wakeup with the game at hand. One of the frustrating moments is when the AA batteries in them die. I am a kid and have to wait for my mom to buy new batteries for me.

Beautiful

Reaction score
Without a doubt, my favorite childhood game was Donkey King and Super Mario Bros. I remember growing up, playing these games with my siblings, and friends on the Super Nintendo. I can still remember those days as if it was yesterday.

SerSlavos

Reaction score
My favorite childhood game is Heroes 3. It is also the first PC game I ever got, so that adds to it. I like strategy games and that one is still one of my favorites even today. I used to play GameBoy before that but I don't have any favorites from that time :D

Ipa07

Reaction score
My favorite childhood game is GTA San Andreas. The game was just too good when I first played it.

mare.e

Reaction score
Super Mario all the way. Long summer days and vaations spent staring at that old TV and playing Mario with my brother, some of the best memories ever. Don't know how could I play it that long and never get bored or even frustrated after I died xD. Totally laid-back action. Nowdays I ragequit after 2 wipes xD.

ATMauphillips

Reaction score
As a child my favorite game was Golden Sun I remember playing this games for hours at a time, I was only able to play the first part and never got time to play part 2 .
The first and seconds were both on GameBoy Advance and I also heard about a Nintendo DS version but I never checked that one out for myself .
I really like this game still and I hope that one day I can make time to play all the parts of Golden Sun that I was unable to play as a child .