• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite Childhood Game?

Kharyode

Reaction score
Using my gameboy , I do play Mario also played ps1 contra.. Those are my two favorite games as a child.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Most definitely, Pokemon. My first Pokemon game was Fire Red. Those were some good memories. There is just too many pokemon these days though.
Man, I'm feeling old. First Pokemon game I got was Yellow, which followed the TV show's story a lot closer than Red and Blue. In it you can have all 3 starters and Pikachu, but it would also mean that you also had to face Brock with just a Pikachu who only knows quick attacks. Yikes. Some games stay with you for a long time and I still recall all the mistakes and things I did in that game.

ZXD22

Reaction score
Need for speed High Stakes for sure. I used to play that game for 14 hours a day straight, like I was addicted to the game beyond belief. I bought one of my goal cars in like which was the Mercedes Slk 230 which was showcased in this game and has gotten me hooked to the gaming franchise. NFS HS will always hold dear spot in my heart when it comes to cars.

peachpurple

Reaction score
I love Street Fighter, Pac Man, Gods. Love the excitement and fun

Jameson

Reaction score
My childhood favorite was Supermario, I miss it. I was searching online for the game but it is difficult to find the original game due to many other clones that have come up these days.

tinkerlove

Reaction score
Mario Brothers was my favorite game as a child. As I got older I began to like Mario Karts when it came out. very fun

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
Well it's probably some game from the PS1, and since the first that comes to mind are indeed Crash Bandicoot titles, I think it would be a tie between CRAAAASH BANDICOOOT 3: WAAARPED (if you played it, you read this with the voice of the title announcer) or the beloved classic Crash Team Racing.
Ok, now I want to play them again one more time. Damn you memories!

airfightermax

Reaction score
Pokemon Emerald was my childhood game back then :D I also used to trade Pokemon to my friends who had the Kanto-region games, so I had all this Pokemon unavailable in Hoenn! Was really proud of myself for completing the Pokedex!

Now I play Pokemon black on my nDs, playing Pokemon is still what I do today to pass the time.

Frank

Reaction score
Well it's probably some game from the PS1, and since the first that comes to mind are indeed Crash Bandicoot titles, I think it would be a tie between CRAAAASH BANDICOOOT 3: WAAARPED (if you played it, you read this with the voice of the title announcer) or the beloved classic Crash Team Racing.

Oh, man, I feel you. Crash was the best back in the day. Certainly one of my favorites as well.

One of my other favorites is probably Super Mario. I would wake up in the middle of the night, sneak out to the living and play. I only recently found out my mom heard me every time, but she let me have fun anyway.

airfightermax

Reaction score
Oh, man, I feel you. Crash was the best back in the day. Certainly one of my favorites as well.

One of my other favorites is probably Super Mario. I would wake up in the middle of the night, sneak out to the living and play. I only recently found out my mom heard me every time, but she let me have fun anyway.

You have a very sweet mom! I used to do this do to play with my Gameboy but she found me once in the middle of the night playing with my Gameboy. I never got to close it before she found me and she has not let me play with it for a week! She couldn't blame me though as I was about to face off Elite Four back then :D

goldlady

Reaction score
My favorite game from childhood is, without ANY doubt, MORTAL KOMBAT! I was so little when I used to go to my neightbour's house because I have a play station 2. It brings me so many great memories! We used to spent hours and hours fighting! Our discussions were about who was going to be who! Such a cool game.

goldlady

Reaction score
My favorite game from childhood is, without ANY doubt, MORTAL KOMBAT! I was so little when I used to go to my neightbour's house because I have a play station 2. It brings me so many great memories! We used to spent hours and hours fighting! Our discussions were about who was going to be who! Such a cool game.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Warped was the only adventure style Crash Bandicoot game I played. I never got around to the first 2 games, for some reason. I did have the Crash Team Racing though, which was fun, although the multiplayer split-screen was annoying since we had a small TV, and having 4 players at once meant we couldn't see our individual screens clearly. There's also that thing where you thought you were doing well but realize you were looking at the wrong screen, and your car has been bumping the wall for the past few minutes. Whoops.

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
I haven't played it too long like I played other games but I really love the Crash Bandicoot series. It wasn't that popular like other games but it just hits me hard with memories of my childhood when I remember playing Crash Bandicoot levels, especially those ones wherein Crash is being chased by a boulder or a dinosaur but you also have to collect boxes too to get a certain reward. The story of the game was blurry to me since I don't remember it clearly but I had so much fun playing it. I'm looking forward to even playing it using an emulator if possible.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I never really got the hang of Mortal Kombat. I mean the fight scenes were great and the interactive environment made every match fun, but I enjoyed Marvel vs Capcom and Marvel Superheroes more for the fighting genre. I guess I liked the characters fighting to have a more cartoonish style with superpowers, and not just brutality and being able to remove your opponents' limbs during the Fatality sequence combo.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
Warped was the only adventure style Crash Bandicoot game I played. I never got around to the first 2 games, for some reason. I did have the Crash Team Racing though, which was fun, although the multiplayer split-screen was annoying since we had a small TV, and having 4 players at once meant we couldn't see our individual screens clearly. There's also that thing where you thought you were doing well but realize you were looking at the wrong screen, and your car has been bumping the wall for the past few minutes. Whoops.

AHAHAHAHAH I'm glad I'm not the only one who did that! Looking at the wrong character when I'm actually playing as someone else.... It's a thing that happen again today with some particular games like Speedrunners.
Anyway what do you mean you never got around? You never played them or you never liked them? In the latter case, well... it's your opinion. But if you have never played you should definitely try them! I prefer the third chapter, but the first two are as good! If you have a PS4 you might want to try the remaster.

fishmonk

Reaction score
My favourite childhood game is Pokemon. I used to play my Gameboy for long hours that my parents had to confiscate it from me.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
AHAHAHAHAH I'm glad I'm not the only one who did that! Looking at the wrong character when I'm actually playing as someone else.... It's a thing that happen again today with some particular games like Speedrunners.
Anyway what do you mean you never got around? You never played them or you never liked them? In the latter case, well... it's your opinion. But if you have never played you should definitely try them! I prefer the third chapter, but the first two are as good! If you have a PS4 you might want to try the remaster.
I didn't own the PS1, my uncle did. He let me and my cousins play it when we visited. So all of the discs are owned by him, and he decided what to get. It was fun but I hated sharing playing time with them lol, so I saved up a ton of allowance to get my own GBA. Then a PS2, and now my own gaming PC. It's fun, and I have it all to myself.

WarVet

Reaction score
I didn't own the PS1, my uncle did. He let me and my cousins play it when we visited. So all of the discs are owned by him, and he decided what to get. It was fun but I hated sharing playing time with them lol, so I saved up a ton of allowance to get my own GBA. Then a PS2, and now my own gaming PC. It's fun, and I have it all to myself.

Had this very same problem bro. I had to share my PS1 and my PC with my brother and there would always be fights over games and hours of use. Then I bought my PS2 with my own money and my parents would force me to let him play. More fights. Then my fathers bought another PC so we wouldn't fight. We started fighting over something else haha. There is no escape when someone wants to fight you they will. You might as well fight back ;)

Aubrey Cana Laine

Reaction score
Final Fantasy VII! It was my first RPG game ever, and I was so addicted to it. I loved the characters and the gameplay so much. I would always spend my days playing it and my parents would warn me about being obsessed over it.