• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite Childhood Game?

Frank

Reaction score
You have a very sweet mom! I used to do this do to play with my Gameboy but she found me once in the middle of the night playing with my Gameboy. I never got to close it before she found me and she has not let me play with it for a week! She couldn't blame me though as I was about to face off Elite Four back then :D
I think it was more of me being quiet enough so that she could sleep why she let me play so much :D

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Had this very same problem bro. I had to share my PS1 and my PC with my brother and there would always be fights over games and hours of use. Then I bought my PS2 with my own money and my parents would force me to let him play. More fights. Then my fathers bought another PC so we wouldn't fight. We started fighting over something else haha. There is no escape when someone wants to fight you they will. You might as well fight back ;)
lmao since I'm the oldest among my brothers I didn't have that problem. I was the one in charge and I was the one who had the most expertise on the computer. That means the computer is mine, and they can take turns equally. No more bossy cousins who think they can hoard the games all day. They were terrible in the sense that they called us greedy for not sharing the PC we bought even though for years they only gave us a few play times on their games.

WarVet

Reaction score
lmao since I'm the oldest among my brothers I didn't have that problem. I was the one in charge and I was the one who had the most expertise on the computer. That means the computer is mine, and they can take turns equally. No more bossy cousins who think they can hoard the games all day. They were terrible in the sense that they called us greedy for not sharing the PC we bought even though for years they only gave us a few play times on their games.

Yeah, there is always the people like those. I remember this one evening I was busy playing harvest moon and my brother wanted to play bad because he wanted to go fishing but I wouldn't let him. My father forced me to let him play as much as he wanted. All my animals died :( Bottom line: Get a job, move out, play all the games you want haha.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Yeah, there is always the people like those. I remember this one evening I was busy playing harvest moon and my brother wanted to play bad because he wanted to go fishing but I wouldn't let him. My father forced me to let him play as much as he wanted. All my animals died :( Bottom line: Get a job, move out, play all the games you want haha.
Is Harvest Moon a good one? I remember my seatmate playing with it and you can apparently marry people in the game while farming stuff. I wasn't all that interested since it kinda looked like Pokemon with farm tools. By that time I had PC and PS2 games so a GameBoy cartridge wasn't that high on my list. Also, have you tried Stardew Valley? Apparently it's a better version of Harvest Moon.

airfightermax

Reaction score
Is Harvest Moon a good one? I remember my seatmate playing with it and you can apparently marry people in the game while farming stuff. I wasn't all that interested since it kinda looked like Pokemon with farm tools. By that time I had PC and PS2 games so a GameBoy cartridge wasn't that high on my list. Also, have you tried Stardew Valley? Apparently it's a better version of Harvest Moon.

Harvest Moon is awesome! Aside from the Pokemon titles, Harvest Moon was my childhood too! On paper, it might sound really cheesy as it is about farming and whatnot but if your get to play it, you'll become addicted to it. I remember mining at the cave and I got to the very end of the mine where there was some sort of a lake! This game is a really cool.

If you loved playing Stardew Valley, I suggest you give Harvest Moon a shot too. It's kinda like the Original Stardew Valley, and it is just as addictive as Stardew Valley.

olaryeankarh

Reaction score
It has to be Super Mario you know. Then I had a small toy game set that had bricks game therein. I sooo loved it.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Harvest Moon is awesome! Aside from the Pokemon titles, Harvest Moon was my childhood too! On paper, it might sound really cheesy as it is about farming and whatnot but if your get to play it, you'll become addicted to it. I remember mining at the cave and I got to the very end of the mine where there was some sort of a lake! This game is a really cool.

If you loved playing Stardew Valley, I suggest you give Harvest Moon a shot too. It's kinda like the Original Stardew Valley, and it is just as addictive as Stardew Valley.
I almost got Stardew Valley last sale, but couldn't do it since it cost $10 while full 3D action games like Tomb Raider and Shadow of Mordor cost $3. I figure since those games spent more effort on the graphics and they are known to be good games that are a steal for the price they are giving, then it's a no-brainer that I got them instead. Still haven't played Tomb Raider since I'm still playing Life is Strange, but it's next on the list.

WarVet

Reaction score

It's aye haha. Well, i have been a fan of Harvest Moon every since Back to Nature. I love building games and harvest moon is just that. You have to rebuild your farm and buy and take care of animals. Then you can upgrade your house and get married. I like it very much. Never heard of Stardew Valley. Is it worth a try?

airfightermax

Reaction score
It's aye haha. Well, i have been a fan of Harvest Moon every since Back to Nature. I love building games and harvest moon is just that. You have to rebuild your farm and buy and take care of animals. Then you can upgrade your house and get married. I like it very much. Never heard of Stardew Valley. Is it worth a try?

If you haven't tried Stardew Valley yet, please do. It has a very engaging story, likeable and funny characters and it is plainly addictive.

You said you liked Harvest Moon? You'll LOVE Stardew Valley then.

WarVet

Reaction score
If you haven't tried Stardew Valley yet, please do. It has a very engaging story, likeable and funny characters and it is plainly addictive.

You said you liked Harvest Moon? You'll LOVE Stardew Valley then.

Oh aye, i will for sure.Can you get married and build your house like in the harvest moon series?

castills

Reaction score
My favorite game as a child was Microsoft's 3D Pinball. The soundtrack was catchy and the small soecial effects had me hooked. The dashing of random soubds when powering up was great.
I tried it on an old game seat at a restaurant, but it wasn't the same!

m33kuh

Reaction score
I'd say Contra and Mortal Kombat. Those 2 games were my go-to's whenever I come home from school. Although when I was starting my high school years, I was playing this game called Ragnarok and it was my first MMORPG that time.

airfightermax

Reaction score
Oh aye, i will for sure.Can you get married and build your house like in the harvest moon series?
Marriages in Stardew Valley is possible. Kinda like how you need to befriend them first in Harvest Moon, pretty much same mechanics.

House improvements are also possible like upgrading your house and the farmhouse...

It also has a lot of things like (without spoiling too much) like adoption instead of raising your own kid, although you can still raise your own kid then adopt. Stardew Valley also has mods but I wouldn't delve in the modding territory yet as experiencing the game without mods is still quite a ton of fun.

mcbryan

Reaction score
My favorite childhood game is Super Mario Bros. I used to play it every day on our Family Computer. I always like the portion wherein I face Bowser and save the princess. Mario underwater is a cool stage too. Playing it with my brother and childhood friend is the best part of it.

WarVet

Reaction score
Marriages in Stardew Valley is possible. Kinda like how you need to befriend them first in Harvest Moon, pretty much same mechanics.

House improvements are also possible like upgrading your house and the farmhouse...

It also has a lot of things like (without spoiling too much) like adoption instead of raising your own kid, although you can still raise your own kid then adopt. Stardew Valley also has mods but I wouldn't delve in the modding territory yet as experiencing the game without mods is still quite a ton of fun.

Oh damn, man. I googled some images and game play it seems just like the kind of thing I'd love to play! When I was younger I had a very specific taste for video games. Plenty of action and war games AND Harvest Moon. hahaha. Thanks for the tip though ;)

Khalil A

Reaction score
My favorite game was WWE. I swear I am not violent !