• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite Childhood Game?

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Maybe it might seem a little weird for some of you, but... I'll never forget all the pleasure (and scares, of course :tonguewink:) that Resident Evil gave me through the years. I have so many good memories related to this game that it was marked in my memory.

During my childhood that game was one of the games that I most wanted to play all the time. :sunglasses:

Pixie06

Reaction score
It was Super Mario for me. This game was easily available and it was even installed in the computers at school. Sometimes we would secretly play this game:tonguewink:. It was my favorite game at that time. The adventures and the environment was just perfect.

BethSztruhar

Reaction score
Of course it was Mario. That was the first game I played on my console and I was seriously amazed and addicted. I'll never forget those memories in front of the TV when I played Mario all day long.

Denis_P

Reaction score
I can actually relate to that since my favorite childhood game is Super Mario World and I started playing that around five or six years old. It has remained my favorite game of all time since then. I still get a smile on my face any time I fire it up and hear that intro music at the opening screen. Always brings back memories to a simpler, more innocent time in my life. I'm probably going to have to play it tonight now that I'm talking about it again!

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
It has to be Mega Man (unbelievable, I know). Mega Man 2, to be more specific. I remember playing it every time I came back home from school, writing passwords down on a little piece of paper that my mother always threw away, so I always had to redo everything from the start (but that was fine by me, just one more excuse to let me play late at night, heh).

valy

Reaction score
I like your topic because it make me think to Mario, the first game I have ever played in my life. I guess i was around 10-12 years old, but i remeber as it was yesterday!

overcast

Reaction score
There are plenty of such games for me so not easy to come out with one good game. Let's say contra, mario, duck hunt and few others. I have my set of games which I played the most of the classics. That classic tank game was one of my favorite too. I think it'd be fun to remake some of such classic tank games.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
Mine would probably be Twisted Metal 3 as I had lots of fun playing it with my friends. We've unlocked every stage, beaten every boss and got every special item there (which were insanely overpowered by the way). But I think what made it feel so good for me is the fact that me and my friends all had the same goal, which is to stay alive for so long, helping each other out not to die, so we could beat the game.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
Age of Empires and nothing else. I think that at that time it was the only good game that was available. All my friends as well as siblings loved to play this game.

megaman93

Reaction score
Most definitely, Pokemon. My first Pokemon game was Fire Red. Those were some good memories. There is just too many pokemon these days though.

NotCasual

Reaction score
There were a lot of games I played as a child that I absolutely loved such as Lego Island 2 which was basically GTA for me, Super Mario 64 and Mario Kart which temporarily bonded me and my brother, and Age of Mythology. But best of all had to be Team Fortress 2. I just loved the versatility and competitiveness of it. I tried really hard to make it run at 60FPS on my family's potato PC (Pentium 4, 6200LE). I even went over to my friend's to try and play it. That game changed me for the better, I always approach things competitively these days, whenever possible.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Red Alert 2. I had a terribly subpar PC and it was the only game I could play at first. Even when the standards were low I still couldn't play most games, so I played a lot of strategy games as a kid because most of them don't have high system requirements. Warcraft 3, Civ 3, Rise of Nations, Age of Mythology; those have been my childhood games and I still play them today whenever I get bored of modern games.

thart

Reaction score
Crush Bandicoot, i was so addicted in this game since i was kid. I spent much time playing on it, even i finish the game but i start playing it again and again. It was awesome.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Most definitely, Pokemon. My first Pokemon game was Fire Red. Those were some good memories. There is just too many pokemon these days though.
Pokemon was great. My first one was Pokemon Yellow and I thought it did a great job (for its time) trying to replicate the events in the TV show, which really was awesome because you get to live the life of a Pokemon trainer, even though it was mostly an Ash gameplay with you getting a Pikachu at the start and getting all 3 starters eventually in the game.

Lindsy90

Reaction score
My favorite childhood game os super mario and still my favorite game to this day because when i play it i fell the beautiful choldhood days and i can't forget it ❤

Lindsy90

Reaction score
My favorite childhood game os super mario and still my favorite game to this day because when i play it i fell the beautiful choldhood days and i can't forget it ❤

Sino989

Reaction score
My all time favorite game from my childhood is wrestlemania xix. It was and still is one of the best and fun games I have ever played and I would highly recommend it even if you are not into the wwe because I am not into anymore but the game is still very fun!

reginafalange

Reaction score
Of course, it was Super Mario. I remember coming back from school to spend a couple of hours playing this game with my cousin on the Super Nintendo console. I remember we even bought a magazine that it was about how to solve many worlds and to learn hidden tricks. Those were good times.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
My all time favorite game from my childhood is wrestlemania xix. It was and still is one of the best and fun games I have ever played and I would highly recommend it even if you are not into the wwe because I am not into anymore but the game is still very fun!

WWE-SmackDown-Here-Comes-The-Pain-Game-Free-Download.jpg

Old wrestling games were pretty fun. Not like today's versions. Today's versions are more on realism, both on graphics and gameplay. No more fun stuff like setting tables on fire and slamming your opponent to it. No more breaking the walls of the locker area to go fight in the showers and (surprisingly damaging) your opponent by opening the shower when he gets in. Or having to interact with cars in a car match and having lots of interactions with the environment. Good times don't last, huh?