• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Experienced Gamers: Which is your favorite game developer company?

thart

Reaction score
Capcom, I know people have grown disgruntles with them lately, especially with the release of street fighter 5, but they have made a lot of my favorite games franchises.

Thammy

Reaction score
My favorite game developing company has to be EA. They serve the thirst of every gamer in and genre of game the make, which mostly has to do with making ones gaming experience as realistic as possible. A major reason i don't dig Konami when it comes to their soccer games. Very Unrealistic

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
Hehe I loved playing the old Nitendo games. In fact that was my first gaming console. The old games like Mario, Contra, Double Dragon, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon etc were top of the charts indeed. It was the king of gaming industry once. But I think it's deteriorating fast in the modern gaming era.
I've heard of shovel knight but never got a chance to play it. Maybe I'll reconsider that and play it right away on some emulators.It's too nostalgic to play these old school games. The final fantasy series kept me wondering in each series and each quests.
I wouldn't say it's deteriorating, for the quality of their games has been steadily good in these last years as it was in the past, but rather that it's given up competition. It used to be a leader company back in the days, but now it's focusing on its own niche because either they can't keep up with its competitors, or they don't want to.
Shovel Knight is an amazing retro-styled game, one of the best ones I've ever played. Also, despite what it may look like, it's actually been released on all modern consoles, so no need to bother with an emulator. Just fire up the PC version and enjoy.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
Valve. Sure they have made few games, but they are all extremely good, and every details in them is perfect. They also created Steam, and I wouldn't be the same gamer that I'm today without it.
Sadly they can't count to 3, but that's just a small flaw.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Valve. Sure they have made few games, but they are all extremely good, and every details in them is perfect. They also created Steam, and I wouldn't be the same gamer that I'm today without it.
Sadly they can't count to 3, but that's just a small flaw.
Hey man. Can you elaborate on the part 'they can't count to 3'? What do you mean by that?
Are you referring to their game sequels?

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
Yes I am, expecially to Half Life 2: episode 2. They ended it with a cliffhanger like almost 10 years ago, and from that there aren't been literally any news about a sequel.
Portal 2 is fine, it ended well and doesn't really need a sequel, the same with Team Fortress 2.
But the fact that all of their games just go to the number 2 is a joke, a meme by itself.

kenoobie

Reaction score
super giant games is on my radar right now. With releases such as Bastion, Transistor and now Pyre, I am looking forward for more release from this studio.

JoeMilford

Reaction score
Video Games are the greatest things ever created by humans, but which companies are the best according to experienced gamers like you? Be it the Story, Graphics or Gameplay .
Spellbound,
i think this is a great question, and I am ready to read and learn from the responses. I've always heard really good things about Bethesda.

WarVet

Reaction score
While their standards have gone down as of late, the developer I've admired the most over the longest period of time is Bethesda. Sure their titles were always super buggy but every Bethesda game was always so ambitious. Not to mention that games like Oblivion, Skyrim, and Fallout all have some special Bethesda charm to them.

I guess Bethesda as a developer are alright. It's the publisher Bethesda that has been making some questionable marketing decisions.

Or are the developer and the publisher the same studio? I'm tired and confused.
I agree with this. Despite some controversies lately, I think their content out speaks any problems. Another controversy clad company that I love is Rockstar gotta love Bully and GTA!

Pixie06

Reaction score
I don't have a favorite one. I think been playing many good games from different game developers. However when it come to car racing games then I will have to give the credit to EA. I so love playing those Need for Speed games. There are some other good car racing games from other developers but I grew up playing the NFS games and that's why it will always be my favorite.

alexanderzx360

Reaction score
My favorite video game developer used to be Valve, but since they haven't released something new and significant since CS:GO, I have to choose Rockstar Games. You always know you'll get a high-quality game when you buy a Rockstar game, no matter if it's a GTA, a Red Dead or even less recognized games such as L.A. Noir or Midnight Club. The company is really interested in giving its costumers satisfaction and fun in any video game they create.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
In the old days I would have struggled to find a clear winner between Nintendo, Capcom, and Squaresoft. Today I simply don't have one. Game development is far more influenced by publishers now and the problem with that is the actual development studios rarely hold on to a single franchise long enough to build on their successes and learn from their mistakes the way old dev studios did. Today, a younger studio may be given a known franchise and do an amazing job, and tomorrow the publisher who owns the franchise may outsource it to a different studio, leaving the previous developers with something crappy. Ultimately the age of mega publishers needs to come to an end for the good of the entire industry and the games consumer, but that's another thread really.

augusta

Reaction score
I will give it to rockstar and Bethesda. I just the creativity and innovative ideas of their games.The games are real and quite fun to play them.