• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Experienced Gamers: Which is your favorite game developer company?

SpellBound

Reaction score
Video Games are the greatest things ever created by humans, but which companies are the best according to experienced gamers like you? Be it the Story, Graphics or Gameplay .

Aitherion

Reaction score
In my opinion, there isn't just one company that outshines the rest. Every one has its good games and its bad games. And some really good games that I actively play are made by companies that I'd never even heard of before playing said game.

SpellBound

Reaction score
In my opinion, there isn't just one company that outshines the rest. Every one has its good games and its bad games. And some really good games that I actively play are made by companies that I'd never even heard of before playing said game.
Hmm coming to think of it, you're right. The top developers have their bad games as well. But somehow we prefer them because of the quality of their games and their influence in the gaming field for years. To be honest, I've never heard of CD projekt red before witcher 3. Then I backtracked to all their old witcher series and bought them. Still that was just one extremely lucky company though. All the major titles are still made by the top companies like Ubisoft, Valve, Rockstar, Activision etc. Could you please mention the games that you are actively playing now if it's okay?

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Used to be Bethesda (Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Dishonored) but since they just can't let the idea of paid mods go, I lost faith in them. DLCs of Fallout 4 didn't help much either; very expensive DLCs (twice the base game's price at one point) for just items and junk, with little areas and stories added to the game. No way, they're just about the money at this point. They got one huge mainstream game in Skyrim back in 2011, and they're still milking the hell out of it 6 years later.

SpellBound

Reaction score
Used to be Bethesda (Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Dishonored) but since they just can't let the idea of paid mods go, I lost faith in them. DLCs of Fallout 4 didn't help much either; very expensive DLCs (twice the base game's price at one point) for just items and junk, with little areas and stories added to the game. No way, they're just about the money at this point. They got one huge mainstream game in Skyrim back in 2011, and they're still milking the hell out of it 6 years later.
Yeah now every game is about money. And to be honest I think it became like this ever since the mobile phone apps came into be a big deal. The phone apps are all monetized like hell. You gotta pay even for a click these days. Well on the PC gaming side the old games were a one time buy and play scheme once.Now the developers got greedy and implemented the same concept of these apps for their games too. It's evident by just looking at their worth that they are making a huge profit by ripping off people. I've played Skyrim,Fallout 3 &4 and Dishonoured without any DLCs for the first time when I bought them. When these DLCs rolled out there's no other way to pay for it other than depending on rip versions.

Gladdy

Reaction score
My ultimate favorite is probably Rockstar Games. Why? because they're just such top-quality company. They are one of those rare gems that aren't completely greedy and that actually keep developing constant FREE updates for their games such as the GTA V online. If it was any other company, they would smack that $10 price tag on every DLC but not Rockstar. They make some amazing games and my all time favorites.. not just the GTA franchise but also the Red Dead Redemption.

They listen to their fans and they try to use the gotten feedback to actually improve their games.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Yeah now every game is about money. And to be honest I think it became like this ever since the mobile phone apps came into be a big deal. The phone apps are all monetized like hell. You gotta pay even for a click these days. Well on the PC gaming side the old games were a one time buy and play scheme once.Now the developers got greedy and implemented the same concept of these apps for their games too. It's evident by just looking at their worth that they are making a huge profit by ripping off people. I've played Skyrim,Fallout 3 &4 and Dishonoured without any DLCs for the first time when I bought them. When these DLCs rolled out there's no other way to pay for it other than depending on rip versions.
Which sucks because they can make a game that's both great and worth spending hundreds of hours over. Too bad that needs far too much work to be done, as well as DLCs to be made; but hey, at least they don't have to do any of the bug fixes since the modding community handles it without ever asking for compensation. Now they just rely on old games; putting them in new platforms or giving them enhanced graphics to justify charging $50 for it.

SpellBound

Reaction score
My ultimate favorite is probably Rockstar Games. Why? because they're just such top-quality company. They are one of those rare gems that aren't completely greedy and that actually keep developing constant FREE updates for their games such as the GTA V online. If it was any other company, they would smack that $10 price tag on every DLC but not Rockstar. They make some amazing games and my all time favorites.. not just the GTA franchise but also the Red Dead Redemption.

They listen to their fans and they try to use the gotten feedback to actually improve their games.
You're right. I feel the same too. Among all the companies, Rockstar Games does seem a little bit 'not greedy' ish. I've been playing GTA V online for some time. Stopped it a few months back. Playing it got me addicted to it and I was unable to play any other games. I've contacted their customer service once to report of a glitch in my stats but didn't get any reply till now though. Well that's that. I haven't played red dead redemption yet. Hoping to get it someday. Now busy with Homefront and Dying Light

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
Since it seems you're only referring to the inherent quality of the games themselves, I'll pick Nintendo. Their style and uniqueness has always fascinated me, they always come up with original concepts (despite reusing the same IPs a lot, but looks can be deceiving) and most of my favourite games were theirs. It's a brand with such a long history it's impossible not to find at least a game you don't like.
However, if we're counting in release policies, I've always loved Yacht Games (Shovel Knight). The attention and care they have put into that game is impressive, and the DLCs they have released are free for original owners. Every port they have made has been programmed very well, and they didn't sell out despite all the popularity that came from the game's success. I love those guys.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
Hands down Bethesda is my favorite game developer. Their game worlds come alive and make you think that the game world is a real life living a breathing world. I bet I have over 2000+ hours invested in playing Bethesda games and I have played all of their games multiple times.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Yep, Bethesda was my favorite for so many years but they've disappointed me quite a lot lately. They still produce good games that are fun to play and you can fully immerse yourself into but the greed. Their greed is such a turn-off. You don't have to be greedy to be successful. Sure, you make more money but you also lose some loyal fans. I really think that if they would be making more free based DLC that their games would not only sell even more but would stay more popular.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Probably Valve and EA and Bethesda for me. Well maybe for the main reason that they are mostly the developers of my games which I play sometimes. And they have a good reputation also in the gaming community. Although I've heard a lot of bashes and hatred coming from other people to some of EA's games, I believe that they have done a very good job on their games. Except for the latest NFS I guess. >.>

SpellBound

Reaction score
Since it seems you're only referring to the inherent quality of the games themselves, I'll pick Nintendo. Their style and uniqueness has always fascinated me, they always come up with original concepts (despite reusing the same IPs a lot, but looks can be deceiving) and most of my favourite games were theirs. It's a brand with such a long history it's impossible not to find at least a game you don't like.
However, if we're counting in release policies, I've always loved Yacht Games (Shovel Knight). The attention and care they have put into that game is impressive, and the DLCs they have released are free for original owners. Every port they have made has been programmed very well, and they didn't sell out despite all the popularity that came from the game's success. I love those guys.
Hehe I loved playing the old Nitendo games. In fact that was my first gaming console. The old games like Mario, Contra, Double Dragon, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon etc were top of the charts indeed. It was the king of gaming industry once. But I think it's deteriorating fast in the modern gaming era.
I've heard of shovel knight but never got a chance to play it. Maybe I'll reconsider that and play it right away on some emulators.It's too nostalgic to play these old school games. The final fantasy series kept me wondering in each series and each quests.

SpellBound

Reaction score
Hands down Bethesda is my favorite game developer. Their game worlds come alive and make you think that the game world is a real life living a breathing world. I bet I have over 2000+ hours invested in playing Bethesda games and I have played all of their games multiple times.
Yeah I get the same feeling when playing bethesda games. It feels as if we're really in their world. A lot of choices to make and they all depend on the outcome of the game. It's an interesting concept they've put forward. But to be honest sometimes the dialogue gets super boring and we may feel like skipping it altogether. Anyway it's more to the reality that makes up these games phenomenal.

Lem

Reaction score
Paradox interactive make the best sprawling strategy games by far. They made Cities:Skylines, and my personal favourite - Stellaris. I can play their games for hours and hours at a time. They also don't neglect the corners of games that sometimes other developers do, like music.

SpellBound

Reaction score
Probably Valve and EA and Bethesda for me. Well maybe for the main reason that they are mostly the developers of my games which I play sometimes. And they have a good reputation also in the gaming community. Although I've heard a lot of bashes and hatred coming from other people to some of EA's games, I believe that they have done a very good job on their games. Except for the latest NFS I guess. >.>
Nice So I take it that you're a fast paced game lover. Most of the games from Valve and EA need quick reflexes. I agree with the NFS series. They're just crap. They made it full time online to make it worse. Hoping the NFS Payback will be offline as some claims it to be. NFS series were always my 'go to' game when offline once. On the bright side they're still in the gaming industry and let's hope for betterment.

SpellBound

Reaction score
Paradox interactive make the best sprawling strategy games by far. They made Cities:Skylines, and my personal favourite - Stellaris. I can play their games for hours and hours at a time. They also don't neglect the corners of games that sometimes other developers do, like music.
Wow never heard of it before. By your excitement I bet it's worth a lot. I'm currently viewing their webpage. They have all kinds of games starting from action to RPG !! They're priced fair too I guess. 30$ for Cities:Skyline and 40$ for Stellaris. Hmm I think I'll buy Crusaders 2 and Stellaris for now. Cities:Skyline can wait. One space game and one RPG game hehe. Thanks a lot for the information. I'm in a spree for buying games now XD

gamergal

Reaction score
Every developer is unique. Their art style is unique and creative and the gameplay they provide is simply out of this world, be it Nintendo, Ubisoft, BioWare, and all. They are doing their best every time, developing games that leave us craving for more. It's actually wrong, in my opinion, to choose the best as every one of them is best in what they do. They have great staff, good voice actors, and all that who support their projects. So we're lucky to have so many companies that are constantly striving to deliver on their promises. They deserve applause, my friends and fellow gamers. We should salute them.(*_*)

Frank

Reaction score
Rockstar has been my favorite for years, but that's mostly because of the GTA series. I also like Bethesda and Bioware I feel like they're leaders in the RPG genre today. One company I also like is Paradox Games. They made games like Europa Universalis IV, Cities: Skylines, Hearts of Iron. Real innovators in the strategy field.

Denis_P

Reaction score
While their standards have gone down as of late, the developer I've admired the most over the longest period of time is Bethesda. Sure their titles were always super buggy but every Bethesda game was always so ambitious. Not to mention that games like Oblivion, Skyrim, and Fallout all have some special Bethesda charm to them.

I guess Bethesda as a developer are alright. It's the publisher Bethesda that has been making some questionable marketing decisions.

Or are the developer and the publisher the same studio? I'm tired and confused.