• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Entertaining board game

WarVet

Reaction score
Scrabble, Monopoly and Chess were always loved by me. Among all the three it was the Scrabble which I enjoyed the most followed by Monopoly. Chess involved a lot of brain activity as well as concentration so there were times when I avoided playing them.

Yeah, i used to go to the chess club in school. I was a relatively good player. The problem was the tournaments. We needed to play against 5 or 6 opponents in a row. I was great in the first and second game. From there on I got worse and worse till I ended up losing before actually scoring a good position. Good times.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
Yeah, i used to go to the chess club in school. I was a relatively good player. The problem was the tournaments. We needed to play against 5 or 6 opponents in a row. I was great in the first and second game. From there on I got worse and worse till I ended up losing before actually scoring a good position. Good times.
You mean you had to play 5-6 chess games one after the other. This must have been really hard. After playing a single game my mind gets so tired. So I can very well imagine how difficult it will be to keep the mind awake as well as focused for such a long period of time and that too in a single game plan.

You really did a great job. Participating in a chess tournament is definitely not my cup of tea.

valy

Reaction score
I enjoyed playing Monopoly and Scrabble and the Settlers of Catan, the first two I have played regularly a long time. When I get bored of these games, I try Chess or Dominion. I love this kind of games because are fun to play and keeps my mind active! Sometimes I play with my friends but they get bored so fast that I am ending playing it alone!

WarVet

Reaction score
You mean you had to play 5-6 chess games one after the other. This must have been really hard. After playing a single game my mind gets so tired. So I can very well imagine how difficult it will be to keep the mind awake as well as focused for such a long period of time and that too in a single game plan.

You really did a great job. Participating in a chess tournament is definitely not my cup of tea.

Yes, that was it.It was hard to keep focused indeed. Until my second game, I was fine but it went down after that. I liked the experience. It taught me the importance of not bragging about victories and accepting defeats as well. I could have taken any other sports like soccer of basketball but I wasn't very athletic when I was younger so it's good that I could learn somewhere else.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
Yes, that was it.It was hard to keep focused indeed. Until my second game, I was fine but it went down after that. I liked the experience. It taught me the importance of not bragging about victories and accepting defeats as well. I could have taken any other sports like soccer of basketball but I wasn't very athletic when I was younger so it's good that I could learn somewhere else.
I like and respect your innocence and your attitude towards life. Accepting failures and learning from them is one of the best resort. Even I'm not a sports person and lack the interest as well as the talent of playing outdoor games. I only enjoy playing indoor board games and mostly those that do not require a lot of mental activity.

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
I grew up playing checkers and chess with my cousins and friends. My schoolmates even thought I specialized in playing Scrabble that they forced me to compete with students from other schools in which I lost.

Tabletop Simulator is a fun game on PC that has a lot of tabletop games including Dungeons and Dragons and card games. The only issue that I see in the game is that it has high system requirements starting at 4 gb Ram. It's a fun game to hangout with friends since your normal chess game will involve some D&D pieces and cards.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
I liked the "kids games". Fireball Mountain is one of my favorites to this day. The game board is this awesome volcano you have to climb. If you land on certain spaces, the volcano god at the top of the hill spits out fireballs (marbles) that roll down the hill and may hit you. I also really liked "Shark Attack"! A mechanical shark chased your pieces around a circular board and the idea was to roll the dice quickly to escape from it before it ate your piece. Last man...er...fish standing wins.

WarVet

Reaction score
I grew up playing checkers and chess with my cousins and friends. My schoolmates even thought I specialized in playing Scrabble that they forced me to compete with students from other schools in which I lost.

Tabletop Simulator is a fun game on PC that has a lot of tabletop games including Dungeons and Dragons and card games. The only issue that I see in the game is that it has high system requirements starting at 4 gb Ram. It's a fun game to hangout with friends since your normal chess game will involve some D&D pieces and cards.
Used to be an avid chesa player myself. I even had a handheld chess "trainer" a computer that played against you. You could select the difficulty and play all day long if you wanted. Do you remember such device?

Pixie06

Reaction score
I never heard about Games of the Generals. Some of the board games that I have been playing are Monopoly and Scrabble. Playing Scrabble has definitely helped me to improve my English vocabulary. I used to play Monopoly and Scrabble for extended hours with my friends and siblings. It was my favorite board game. It was so much fun playing this game.

Pink_Turtle

Reaction score
I've never heard of it.
I'm a traditional girl so I'll say I really like Monopoly since I'm competitive as sky is blue xD but I also enjoy games like scrabble or Cranium!. I use to play a lot of board games when I was a child, especially when my cousins visit my place. Now I just play them whenever I'm with friends every other weekend and so.

Eli Maximilien

Reaction score
Chinese Checkers is for those who want to be more creative with their checker matches. You can play with up to six people and the object of the game is to get all of your marbles into your enemy's territory.

In a chain of marbles with gaps between each space, your marble can "jump" through the chain. In this way, the game is more dynamic. Players aren't limited to moving diagonally or forward.

This is definitely my favorite board game. If you get bored with your games, try this one.