• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Do You Use Cheat When Playing Game?

Jameson

Reaction score
I won't say that I have never done it (because I would be lying :tearsofjoy:), but the occasions were very rare. I really prefer to win on my own merits because it's more exciting! :sunglasses:
I know right?

goldlady

Reaction score
When I started in the gaming world I was only an early teenager and I used to learn how to use some cheats with my oldest friends. But it was more because they all used to it and I had to start doing it to play in the same terms and have the chance to beat them! Right now I don't I think you grow up when it comes to games too LOL

mcbryan

Reaction score
I really don't use cheat every time I played. Cheating makes the game boring and dull. It won't allow you to play fair and feel the satisfaction every time you won the game. Cheats make people think that you're a robot or what we called bot. It's fun and exciting playing games with fair rules and regulations. Cheats are for those people who want pass time and not considered as a game lover.

Jerick Gwapo

Reaction score
We can't deny the fat that there is atleast a time in our life when we used cheat in games.. GTA has cheats and lots of PC games. My NBA 2k14 account, I took advantage of the bug and maxed out my skills and purchased lots of signature moves.

In mobile games, there are lots of moded games out there that are free. I sometimes used it. I remember playing dragon city also before, that was like around 5-7 years ago when I cheated on the good and got several unique dragons. lol

kenoobie

Reaction score
I usually play games without cheats. In single player mode, if I do a rerun, I might use some cheats like money or map hacks to ease some of the difficulty in the early game. I dont usually cheat on multiplayer games but I did with Counter Strike (could see through walls) and I learned a lot from it.

konomi

Reaction score
I don't usually use cheats. Like others have said, it gets really boring if you remove all of the challenges. I don't think it "ruins" the game, though, because that depends entirely on your own perspective. Sometimes it can be really fun to cheat so you can do all sorts of weird or funny stuff. Or if you're playing a game like Animal Crossing, changing the game clock can make it easier for people to play even if they can't actually play every day.

I don't like it when people cheat in multiplayer or competitive games, though, because I do think that that's unfair to the other players.

lindbergh

Reaction score
I loved using cheat codes in the past. The first cheat code that I have used was the Konami code for the game Contra. The code would give players 30 lives and that helped me a lot in finishing the game. The next was BomberMan. I somehow managed to enter a password that propelled me to advanced levels with lots of power ups.

My use of cheats continued up until my PS 2 gaming days. I especially loved using cheats on the GTA games. But now, I no longer use cheats. I now think that it takes away the fun and challenge in games. But if ever I would be using cheats today, I would use them if I have already finished the game. Just for shits and giggles.

peachpurple

Reaction score
Unfortunately, yes I do cheat when playing games. I couldn't figure what Word Cookies the remainder words, so I went to search at Google sear engine for the cheats, got a list of answers, I managed to get on to the next level. I will cheat when I am out of ideas.

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
I use cheats in Grand Theft Auto San Andreas and to be honest I used them to easily finish the game. Back then I didn't realize the fun in challenges so I went the easy way and kept using cheats. Nowadays I do not use them to challenge myself in games especially in online games. I don't disagree with using cheats on single player, but it should stay on single player mode too.

valy

Reaction score
I am not using cheats to win a game because I would win it too fast without a challenge, so, what is the purpose of that game? It is boring to play a game and use cheats.

Denis_P

Reaction score
My brother is one of those people that can't get through a single game without getting frustrated at a level, and then enabling cheats and hacks to get through the rest of the game. Personally, I could never use cheats, hacks, or mods in a game before finishing it the way it was intended to. When I play games I want to see what the designers envisioned for us. I want to play through the story and complete the game as intended, and then once it's all said and done, I'll turn on the cheats and mods and just have a grand 'ol time.

Thammy

Reaction score
Looool! ALWAYS! Just for GTA( grand theft auto) tho..especially for reducing your star while the cops are chasing..been a while tho, forgotten my cheat keys already. Been in search for that of soccer games, doubt if they do exist. I won't mind if anyone here knows if they do

Thammy

Reaction score
My brother is one of those people that can't get through a single game without getting frustrated at a level, and then enabling cheats and hacks to get through the rest of the game. Personally, I could never use cheats, hacks, or mods in a game before finishing it the way it was intended to. When I play games I want to see what the designers envisioned for us. I want to play through the story and complete the game as intended, and then once it's all said and done, I'll turn on the cheats and mods and just have a grand 'ol time.
Loool!game Cheats and siblings! These go hand in hand..my brother introduced me to game cheating after unlocking levels i was never close to, i had to meet up*lol..but the truth is, gaming without cheating is the real fun experience, just like you like it

juliabennixe

Reaction score
I have tried doing it once, but after I began losing interest with the game I was playing. It made me feel like I'm already passed everyone, and as they were trying to reach and pass my high scores, I don't like how easily I did it. I got bored. I still like doing it my way, and making myself feel overwhelmed by just achieving it on my own without cheating. It's always fun, besides it's just a game.

gamergal

Reaction score
Nope. I don't ever use any cheats. Because they "mess up" with the gameplay, and if you use cheat codes even for once, you keep on relying on them more and more. So it's better not to use them at all, in my opinion. Instead, it's good to try a few times. Take some rest if you are tired of trying. And then try again. It's what I do. And yes, it isn't wrong to use game hints, though, from someone who has already finished the game.

tinrmz15

Reaction score
I only used cheat codes when i played GTA San andreas haha. It is vital to stay alive, have money, weapons, unli ammo, houses, etc. I'm not ashamed of it because it was a part of me having the best GTA experience of my life. I'm proud to finish the game and it aint easy.

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
I don't like to use cheats in a game the first time I play it, I try to enjoy that game and end it and then I use the cheats and play it making fun with all the cheat codes LOL.

The Fezz

EMT/Firefighter
Reaction score
For me, I tend to use cheats more often now that I know how to access them.
Like for example, I play City: Skylines with cheats. While I have access to everything right away and have an infinite source of money, I tend to get bored with the game faster.
So, if I do use cheats, I tend to get bored with the game faster and lose interest pretty fast.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
I don't cheat when I play because it ruins the game for me. Why spend $60 on a game if your going to cheat to win? It just doesn't make any sense, you're better off taking $60 and lighting it on fire.

P.S. If you like to cheat on games hey that's your thing and I am not going to hold it against you. :smile:

James Arthur

Reaction score
On certain games I enjoy cheating because of how fun it often makes the experience but other times I can't stand it. Especially in online multiplayer games