• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Do You Use Cheat When Playing Game?

Kharyode

Reaction score
Using cheats to play is very common. Some people will say it because the mission or the game is hard that why the use cheats. But to me when you use cheats to play a game is mean you not playing game.
In many games, the objective is to
win
by defeating the other player or players or being the first to reach a specified goal, while in others, role - playing or cooperation is emphasized.
swamp-attack-hack-and-cheat.jpg.cf.jpg

Thundercatte

Reaction score
When I was much younger I used to enjoy using cheats a lot. I would go all-out and use infinite money cheats, unlimited health, etc. and have fun playing games in what was essentially god-mode. But like you said, using cheats keeps you from playing games as they were meant to played. I only recognized this as I got older, when I didn't have as much fun streamlining my way to the end of a game. Now I find that games are a lot more fun when you abstain from using cheats.

That being said, I do still use cheats sometimes, but only if, say, I'm having a REALLY hard time getting past a certain part, and that's what's keeping me from advancing the storyline.

zdeathclock

HOI4 Player
Senior Admin
Reaction score
I only really use cheats if I am just looking to do something to waste some time or try to make a custom thing. An example of what I mean is in dark souls 2 I used a lot of cheats to make custom spells for shits and giggles and because I thought it was fun. Besides from that I try to avoid using cheats because it makes it too easy.

Fallenpyro418 (Sparks)

Community Supervisor
Community Supervisor
Administrator
Reaction score
I generally beat a game first and than fuck around with cheats or cheaty mods but I would only ever use them on single player. I hate online cheaters and i'm definetly not one.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
The only time I can recall using cheats was when I played Age of Empires, and I only did so in single player. Other than that, I've never used cheats in a game. I feel as though a lot of times cheating takes the fun out of games. I remember my younger brother got some sort of software for his Gameboy Advanced that gave him infinite Special Candies and Master Balls in some Pokemon game, which really annoyed me because suddenly he had tons of level 100 pokemon that I couldn't beat when we battled.

Strelitzia

Reaction score
Initial play through of any game I don't bother cause it's fun learning stuff on my own and getting as far as I can on my own abilities. Second play through I'll do it for fun (single player). MMOs? Nah never had the desire to cheat whatsoever except to save time on leveling my millionth toon and even then that was it. Honestly it's not really cheating if I already leveled all the classes manually and just wanted to not grind through the millionth time just to raid with people on different servers. Economy? Never. I know how to make money in the games I play so that's hardly an issue.

JoeMilford

Reaction score
I must admit that, when I get stuck on a certain puzzle and get a bit frustrated, I will Google cheats. I know this is a sad thing for a gamer to do, but I have a very cerebral job, and by the time I have time to play games, I can be pretty mentally exhausted, so I am mainly trying to just blow off steam or forget my problems and not be a Master Gamer, so to speak. Just being honest!

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
It gets boring fairly quickly when you have a cheat activated. Having the knowledge that you can't die in the game because you entered the invulnerability cheat, or when you don't have to budget your ammo since you have infinite bullets, or everyone has 1 HP, then you don't feel the thrill of surviving confrontations. Activating cheats would also deactivate achievements, and can sometimes even destroy the save file, so I don't think you should activate them unless you are on "exploration mode" after finishing the game.

CBL28

Reaction score
I don't really cheat in singleplayer games, I just use the console to bend things to my advantage a bit. That or I use overpowered mods. But in general, no, I do not outright cheat by giving me infinite health, ammo, etc. Especially not in multiplayer, where it's usually against the rules and is generally rude.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I don't really cheat in singleplayer games, I just use the console to bend things to my advantage a bit. That or I use overpowered mods. But in general, no, I do not outright cheat by giving me infinite health, ammo, etc. Especially not in multiplayer, where it's usually against the rules and is generally rude.
I can only allow cheats when I finished everything in the game and I'm trying to find a way to make it fun again. But even then, having cheats activated would just mean I'd get bored rather quickly since I can't die, or wouldn't worry about enemies getting close. I think for longevity mods are the solution, as we see in Skyrim. Still alive 6 years later since the active modding community can make the game entirely brand new just by adding a few tweaks on clothing, armor, or even just adding gameplay mechanics.

ZXD22

Reaction score
I only cheat games just when I'm bored and I tend to do that on my slow laptop, especially on old flash games. It's kind of funny how some of the bugs and glitches they can get into sometimes!

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I only cheat games just when I'm bored and I tend to do that on my slow laptop, especially on old flash games. It's kind of funny how some of the bugs and glitches they can get into sometimes!
Oh man, flash games. I haven't played flash games since 2004 probably. Even when I had a crappy PC I still wanted to play full games, so up until around 2011 when I started a gaming rig, I played old games like Warcraft 3, Red Alert 2, and Age of Mythology just so I can use my PC. I was always envious of other PC setups since they can run new games, but I figure once I started working I'll use my money to get a good gaming PC - which I did.

ZXD22

Reaction score
Oh man, flash games. I haven't played flash games since 2004 probably. Even when I had a crappy PC I still wanted to play full games, so up until around 2011 when I started a gaming rig, I played old games like Warcraft 3, Red Alert 2, and Age of Mythology just so I can use my PC. I was always envious of other PC setups since they can run new games, but I figure once I started working I'll use my money to get a good gaming PC - which I did.

I still play them time to time just to relive the good old days of being a kid again

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I still play them time to time just to relive the good old days of being a kid again
Oh yeah? Can you name a bunch so I can play as well? I remember having Zuma, Text Twist, Lemonade Tycoon, Stress Reducers, and I think I had a scrabble and chess game with some variation just enough to get it branded.

ZXD22

Reaction score
Oh yeah? Can you name a bunch so I can play as well? I remember having Zuma, Text Twist, Lemonade Tycoon, Stress Reducers, and I think I had a scrabble and chess game with some variation just enough to get it branded.
One I've played for about 8 years straight was Platform Racing 2. By far my most played game even more than my 2,500 hours on Team Fortress 2. The game used to be packed back in 2008 and 2009 but now it's been dead for the past couple years. Like the servers would all be full back in it's day. I was in 7th grade back then which was crazy. Other games include TDP4 Team Battle, Transformice, and Stick Arena

Deathisue

Reaction score
No, i wont cheat in games, i prefer face the challenge, lose and learn from my mistakes, in some games like GTA San Andreas the cheats are life, becouse are a lot of crazy things you can do with them, but in more challenge games i prefer loss sorry.

tinkerlove

Reaction score
I don't know cheats for all the games at Play but for The Sims I do use one cheat code

Jameson

Reaction score
I don't normally use cheats on every game. I just happen to use them on less interesting games. For example I have found them quite effective for use on boring or rather difficult Android games.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
I won't say that I have never done it (because I would be lying :tearsofjoy:), but the occasions were very rare. I really prefer to win on my own merits because it's more exciting! :sunglasses: