• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Do you still Play Minecraft

Guardian

Reaction score
Someone at work was talking about it a few days ago. After that, I've found myself playing it for the last 3 days...

I need help.

timstargraal

Reaction score
Very rarely, though I still have it on my computer and on my desktop but never play Vanilla Minecraft as it's just boring and when I'm extremely bored (which is rarely ever and is why I play it rarely) or have no internet I would play MC and this is usually a modpack on a world I've started extremely long time ago. I'm not really sure who plays vanilla MC unless it's on a server and unless it's with friends but I find it extremely boring and I'm not really sure why Mojang keeps updating the game other than software purposes and keep it up-to-date with the OS for upgrading or making the game "better" and adding more to the vanilla mode as it's extremely boring.

topflight

Reaction score
I believe that people still do play the game, I mean for all intents it was a very popular game when it hit its peak. Now, I doubt there will be people in the year 3000 playing the game still, because things change and people move on from games (Not many people play Atari games anymore) but people will play it for a long while as it drops in steady incline.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I find myself coming in and out of the game for moments at a time. Sometimes I miss just building things with friends, trying to survive in the vast world of cubes, but there's times where I feel bored doing so. It's a great game and all, but I guess it's just not something I'd do forever. My friends also feel the same way as me somehow I guess, becomes often times we quit together and come back together.

CBL28

Reaction score
Sometimes I come back and create a new world and just explore.
I am, however, using a very outdated version of the game (1.6.4) for my main worlds. That's because my favorite mods are on that version. When looking for just a vanilla experience, I use the latest version. I used to play Minecraft a lot a few years ago, but times have changed.
Though remembering my past experiences with the game and the fact that I don't have much to do this summer, I'll probably go back to it.
Just for this summer though.

lexcion

Reaction score
Minecraft isn't what it used to be especially when they sold the rights to Microsoft. The entire original development team left the project so the updates aren't the same but its still a great game by all means. However the player base consists of way too many 12 year olds so I find single player a little more relaxing.

valy

Reaction score
Hy, Referal the answer is yes,i am playing Minecraft since is one of my favorite games. I have stored Minecraft in my Steam account since i have too many games in my PC, and i am playing from time to time. Once you create shelters, towers or a sky city is very hard to leave this game, you get addicted very easy.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
I still play Minecraft, but my frequency is very small compared to the other games that I usually play almost daily. I think among the games that I play, Minecraft would be on the list of the least requested. It's not a bad game (it's kinda interesting, to be honest), but it's not the best in the market. :sweatsmile:

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
I have play it like 2 months, but now it bored me, but all my little cousins love to play it everyday and when I see them they are playing, it is like a virus for them and they love it.

ZXD22

Reaction score
I pretty much stopped playing Minecraft more than a year ago. I just got bored of the concept after a while and moved on to other games like TF2 and the Dirt franchise. If a group of my friends decide to go back on Minecraft, I would love to join in and wreck havoc with them one more time but they all are too busy and are in college now as well as myself.

overcast

Reaction score
I do have the game installed but I don't actively play the game anymore. I have found that the game can be harder to play when you are busy during the week and even coming back home exhausted. I think earlier it was fun with here and there. But tournaments can be stressful and not worth playing if you know what I mean.

Lexi

Reaction score
I played it quite a lot about two years ago, then stopped. Recently I've been playing it again in my free time. It's not as much as I used to, but it's still fun. Keeps me occupied for a while and I can relax for the most part. It seems like it's still pretty popular though, plenty of videos online and they keep adding things in updates.

WarVet

Reaction score
I never really enjoyed Minecraft. I do like building games but I prefer mora mature setting. Take Sim City for instance. Lots of building, a hint of humor and an overall mature theme without being too serious. Same for the Tropico Series. Building, history and a little bit of political criticism. Just awesome.

Sino989

Reaction score
I really don't play minecraft at all really anymore. The game is just really boring when it's just vanilla. I only play it when I am really bored and have nothing to do honestly. Nothing against the game, it's just not really fun to me anymore.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
Yes I still play Minecraft here and there. I can honestly say I've had no problem finding well populated servers but which portal you use to find you potential Minecraft home matters a lot. Using their official forum is probably still the best way to find a quality server because it puts you directly in touch with server owners instead of assaulting you with banners and server metrics that don't really matter for the average player.

I use white list applications as a way to vet the server staff and see how they respond to certain comments. You can tell a lot about a server that way from the attitudes of staff. After all, the worst griefers in the world are out of control staff and egotistical administration.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I have a huge bias for modern games still having pixel block graphics. Superficial, I know, but I don't appreciate the simplicity of pixels in today's games. Back then, sure. The games were limited by a lot of things and something like Space Invaders or Pong was a feat of gaming for its time. But for 2017 to have blocky graphics, even 4k level stuff, well it's just not for me. Others enjoy it sure, but the appeal never grew on me so I never tried it.

fireball916

Reaction score
From time to time I will load up Minecraft and start building with friends. It's nice to be able to just create anything you want, exactly the way you want it. I can't play it for more than a few hours because it starts to get tedious sometimes. I wouldn't say the community is dead it just lost it's hype. It still has a huge following, at least on PC anyway. Can't speak for the console/mobile versions.

CelVeritas

Reaction score
I think singleplayer survival was outdated almost the moment it was published. Minecraft is the type of game that can only really exist because of its sense of community - and that it'll (presumably) always have. I've been playing Minecraft on and off almost since its inception, went through all different types of sub-communities (SMPs, building, pvp, minigames, modded, custom gamemodes, redstone, etc.) along the way and still play it to this day to some degree. While some of those sub-communities and servers did get boring over time, Minecraft itself never did. The creativity that built this community is what kept it entertaining for me.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
I LOVE Minecraft I have been playing it for over a year now. I started off playing the Java version and I have since moved over to Windows 10/PE version. Because I can be at home playing on my PC and then I can be at the doctors playing in the same world why I am waiting to see the doctor.

Referal to answer the question you question about why your seeing less players online is because most of the people I know are now playing on realms. #1 It's easy to set up and requires no server knowledge! #2 It's cheap $8.99 a month will get you a 10 player Realm. #3 It's a safe place for parents to let their kids play Minecraft online with their friends.

rockandgreen

Reaction score
I still like to play Minecraft to this day. Even though it has lost its appeal over the past few years I still find its flair of originality and creativity impressive enough for me to come back and play it.