• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Do you dream about your game?

jitendra0341

Reaction score
It is amazing to have this type of dreaming. Always infatuated by these games, imagining to be real .Yes dreaming about zombieland is really scary. It will haunt even in day time. Good that you haven't got with it. It is strange you have protagonists inside the game and assume it to be outside the game. Beware of dangerous situation you have in you dream adventures.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
It happens for most gamer. Many mix game with real life.They are confuse with real to virtual life and take drastic step to get in trouble for them and their family.

When the addiction reaches that level, it's a clear sign that it is really necessary to seek specialized help. :worried:

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
It's okay, dude. Really! You don't have to worry about it. You are not obsessing. You're just having a nice little journey. It's important to maintain a balance between the virtual and the real world, which you also said, that you liked to do. Keep a tab on your activities and relax for a while. You can do some yoga before sleeping. Shavasana is good. Or you could read a few good books before sleeping. Some religious ones would be better if you're into religion. And if not then Read a simple story book. Hope this helps. See ya!:androidthumbsup:
Thank you so much for your wonderful reply. Gaming is just a
Absolutely! When I was growing up my game of choice was Pokemon. I can't tell you how many hour I spent a day on leveling up my creatures. I wanted to be the best out of my friends, so tirelessly I continued to play into the morning. Still today I can remember that crazy annoying Pokemon music, but it was time well wasted!!! What about all of you?
Hahaha... I can very well recall many such incidences. We waste so much of our precious time in front of the gaming screens and then later go into a self realization and guilt feeling.

amine erraji

Reaction score
I didn't say after sleep, I said after waking up of a dream. It's like I don't get enough rest when I dream so I rather not to...
oh my bad then i thougth the other way around, you must be a hard worker in life i bet maybe, don't judge me :p

gamergal

Reaction score

Hahaha... I can very well recall many such incidences. We waste so much of our precious time in front of the gaming screens and then later go into a self realization and guilt feeling.
But you don't have to feel guilt. It is when you feel guilty and start cursing yourselves that everything becomes a very big mess. I would never do such a thing and I would advise you to not to do that, no matter what. If we feel inferiority complex even for once, if we feel that we can't help ourselves, then you never will. It's better to understand that you have an addiction, accept it and work with benign ways to get that addiction out from your systems, instead of feeling guilt or even cursing oneself. I hope you'll overcome such feelings and work towards making yourself a better you than you were yesterday. Have a nice one, fella. I wish you a good day.(*_*)

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
But you don't have to feel guilt. It is when you feel guilty and start cursing yourselves that everything becomes a very big mess. I would never do such a thing and I would advise you to not to do that, no matter what. If we feel inferiority complex even for once, if we feel that we can't help ourselves, then you never will. It's better to understand that you have an addiction, accept it and work with benign ways to get that addiction out from your systems, instead of feeling guilt or even cursing oneself. I hope you'll overcome such feelings and work towards making yourself a better you than you were yesterday. Have a nice one, fella. I wish you a good day.(*_*)
That was so sweet of you. You explained such an important aspect of life and that too in such an easy and simple way. I will always keep your words in my mind and try to refrain from all the guilt and negativity. From now on I will try my best to stay happy with everything I will do.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
It is amazing to have this type of dreaming. Always infatuated by these games, imagining to be real .Yes dreaming about zombieland is really scary. It will haunt even in day time. Good that you haven't got with it. It is strange you have protagonists inside the game and assume it to be outside the game. Beware of dangerous situation you have in you dream adventures.
Recalling a bad dream spoils my whole day. And if it related to something as horror as surviving in a zombie land. then it is most likely that I will stop playing the game in future.

Chris Holman

Reaction score

Haha, that's so funny he reminds me of the show The Big Bang Theory, where the actress Penny got addicted to some online video game! At first she was hesitant to play the game, yet when she did get interested in it she couldn't stop. Then next thing you know she had Cheetos in her hair and people telling her she had an addiction. Of course she did stop but this is so my point I guess. Thanks for replying!

RosieDaven

Reaction score
Absolutely. This is called the Tetris effect I believe. When you go to sleep and you close your eyes and all you see is the game you just spent 5 hours on playing.
I so love the tetris effect. Okay, not in practice, it's quite bugging, but tetris effect is, when someone devote way too much for something their thoughts are circling around that object/action etc. It can affect the brain on such a high level, that can cause hallucinations. Interesting stuff.

I only dreamed once or twice about games, my dreams are mostly around tv shows or something totally original story. It's fascinating, I love it. :D

luispas

Reaction score
C'mon, dude. Just relax. :oof:

I found your comment funny because you were very thorough on how you dream. It seems like you take your dreams seriously. :sweatsmile:
Okay, sorry for that, I tend to react very bad. Talking about my dreams, yes, they are serious, sometimes what I dream ends up happening, it's something delicate. I'm not saying that my dreams about LoL could be very relevant but I still take them serious.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Okay, sorry for that, I tend to react very bad. Talking about my dreams, yes, they are serious, sometimes what I dream ends up happening, it's something delicate. I'm not saying that my dreams about LoL could be very relevant but I still take them serious.

No one but you can tell how serious your dreams are. I mean... For me it may seem silly (but no, it's not the case :sweatsmile:), but for you it can be something very important. :wink:

sephyr

Reaction score
YES! Especially a game that challenges me or makes it so hard to finish. I tend to get obsessed if I can't get to the next stage for one reason or another. When I go to sleep without advancing, i tend to dream about it more.

sima061

Reaction score
But would you like that to happen? :sweatsmile: Would you like to dream of some specific game? If so, which game would you choose? :sunglasses:
Maybe it'd be nice to dream of GTA San Andreas, driving around at sunset listening to K ROSE radio lol:smuggrin:

gamergal

Reaction score
That was so sweet of you. You explained such an important aspect of life and that too in such an easy and simple way. I will always keep your words in my mind and try to refrain from all the guilt and negativity. From now on I will try my best to stay happy with everything I will do.
Yes, that's the way, bud. Have fun living with what you love to do. Enjoy every day of your life as it were your last, (you don't know what'll happen tomorrow, right? And you shouldn't worry either for we can never predict future!) And live every happen moment with your folks and cherish them. And enjoy every little thing, evey little accomplishment, every little gift and be always thankful about that. And be blessed that you have such a beautiful life. And have no worries, no matter what. Share with your loved ones everything you have, even your worries. They'll work with you to find solutions. And be happy, okay?

Wishing you all luck and success. May you find a good path and remain at good hope. (*_*) see ya.

Last edited:

jitendra0341

Reaction score
Recalling a bad dream spoils my whole day. And if it related to something as horror as surviving in a zombie land. then it is most likely that I will stop playing the game in future.
Yes, nightmares where we pause the game and quit it. sometimes this wakes us up and it seems that we can't get it out. Thats why I also don't like to play scary games, With movies,books I have no issues but video games really fuck me up.

Zombiebait23

Reaction score
Yes, nightmares where we pause the game and quit it. sometimes this wakes us up and it seems that we can't get it out. Thats why I also don't like to play scary games, With movies,books I have no issues but video games really fuck me up.

I've never really gotten afraid from video games. Its something about controlling all aspects of the game that lets me separate myself. However books and movies will keep me up for days on end. Movies as scary things are scary but books because sometimes I can't control the deep images the author is putting in my head. Its when I lose this control that I find these story/characters/beasts especially scary.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
I hate everything that is scary...including the horror games, novels and movies. Anything that is supernatural or horror makes me end up in worst nightmares and this is the main reason why I don't like to play horror games.
[doublepost=1501484547,1501484315][/doublepost]
Yes, that's the way, bud. Have fun living with what you love to do. Enjoy every day of your life as it were your last, (you don't know what'll happen tomorrow, right? And you shouldn't worry either for we can never predict future!) And live every happen moment with your folks and cherish them. And enjoy every little thing, evey little accomplishment, every little gift and be always thankful about that. And be blessed that you have such a beautiful life. And have no worries, no matter what. Share with your loved ones everything you have, even your worries. They'll work with you to find solutions. And be happy, okay?

Wishing you all luck and success. May you find a good path and remain at good hope. (*_*) see ya.
I'm again thankful for your inspiring words. I always keep counting my blessings and this helps me to slide easily through the tough times of my life.

Pixie06

Reaction score
That's for sure... So many times! :tonguewink:

I've already lost count of how many times I've played many horror games and extreme sports while I was sleeping, haha! It's always something funny to be remembered. :tearsofjoy:
I also play lots of horror game and there was a particular day where I played Silent Hill for nearly the whole day and I had a nightmare. I was screaming at night. I still play horror games but not how I used to.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
I also play lots of horror game and there was a particular day where I played Silent Hill for nearly the whole day and I had a nightmare. I was screaming at night. I still play horror games but not how I used to.
OMG... This was scary. I mean you must have been really upset after that dreaming incident. It is good that now you play games in a controlled manner. Excess of anything is bad and so is the case with gaming. Moreover playing horror games is not that easy. They need a very stable and strong mind as well as heart.

Craap

Reaction score
This is actually called the "Tetris effect" it's a really curious effect that was named after (You guessed it) people started devoting so much time into it, they started reporting watching falling blocks on their everyday life, dreaming about tetris blocks and finding ways to fit 'tetrominos' in average places. Sort of spooky, but kinda cool at the same time if you ask me. It's a common effect if you spend way too much time playing one single video game, which is why we should always have limits and not outperform ourselves. :D