• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Difficulty or Fun?

yaorice

Reaction score
I prefer to balance both. I like to have fun, but at some point, playing on the easiest modes stops being fun and starts getting utterly tedious. As it is, there's some games that could actually end up harder if you choose easier modes; rhythm games come to mind for me in particular, but it certainly isn't the only genre of game that has issues like that.

If I have to choose one of these qualities to prioritize, I would take fun first, because that's ultimately why I choose to play games. A challenge is fine and to some degree somewhat desirable, but I still have to enjoy myself, else why play?

I feel like the beauty of rhythm games is that they're so versatile. Depending on which game you're playing, you have complete control over the difficulty, and have the ability to turn it up or down. I honestly love rhythm games because you can feel yourself improving with the more games that you play! It's always satisfying to start with easier matches and work your way up to the hardest level, where you're practically relying on only muscle memory. They're so much fun that I can sink whole days into just one rhythm game.

jitendra0341

Reaction score
All of us have one game, one game who change our perceptions of a game, the more dificult game i play when i was young it was Ninja Gainden Black from there i started to play videogames with a lot of dificulty, tell me friend wich was yours.

jitendra0341

Reaction score
Yes. Everybody have one or more games that they find it to be difficult to solve or complete it. I too had some games in my early time that haunts me to accomplish it.One of the games i had difficulty is Call of Duty. I had problems in completing some stages.

Pink_Turtle

Reaction score
Definitely for fun but I don’t want it to be lame either! I want to improve in the game as I play it but I also want to be able to scale levels without killing myself trying…

jitendra0341

Reaction score
Definitely for fun but I don’t want it to be lame either! I want to improve in the game as I play it but I also want to be able to scale levels without killing myself trying…
Yes . Fun is what we strive for when we decide to play a game.The difficulties that make a game more enjoyable. We do not feel lame in playing the difficult one. It enhances our mental capacity to achieve more and get success in games, encourages us to go ahead in coming stages. The more stages we complete the more fun and enjoyment we get in a particular game.

Thammy

Reaction score
Loool! This is a very valid question! It all depends, because when the game is new, maybe i just got it or exchanged a game with a friend, difficulty comes first..then when I'm used to the game or let me say unlocked all levels, then fun comes in. Difficulty also comes first if I'm trying to prove a point that i rule to a gaming partner *hehehe* my siblings mostly! YES IT'S THAT SERIOUS *lool

goldlady

Reaction score
I think both things matter, unless to me! I can play a game only because it is fun but at some point I will get bored. So to me, it has to be both. Difficulty will make me play the game for a long time, but if it's not funny I wont do it so... both matter, like I said.

jitendra0341

Reaction score
Loool! This is a very valid question! It all depends, because when the game is new, maybe i just got it or exchanged a game with a friend, difficulty comes first..then when I'm used to the game or let me say unlocked all levels, then fun comes in. Difficulty also comes first if I'm trying to prove a point that i rule to a gaming partner *hehehe* my siblings mostly! YES IT'S THAT SERIOUS *lool
True. It depends on which type of game we going to play or playing.We find it to be difficult when we start to play a new game. It happens to everyone at some point of time in playing a game. That is the main attraction of the game. The more difficulty we face, the more fun we get out of that game.This is the part of the game. It is exciting to unlock next level with new difficulties and fun peep its face in those moments. It shows that we have mastered that game enjoying it in its full strength.It is also much enjoyable when we play with siblings or a friend. Competition get more difficulty and eventually more fun comes out of that.

surlaw

Reaction score
Do you play the game for the difficulty or just for the fun of it?

I play for pretty much both. I enjoy having a challenge so I always put it up to max difficulty.

I play for both, too, but it depends on the game. There are some games where there is absolutely no challenge at all and I still love them, and other games that are super difficult for me and I still love them. It depends on my mood too. Sometimes, I'm in the mood for a challenge, and sometimes I just want to wind down with something easy. In general, though, the answer is both.