• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Developing Your Own App?

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
When I tried some time ago I remember downloading the Android Studio program directly from Google, which replaced Eclipse, a fairly popular tool used until then. You need to know coding, though, and I never bothered to learn it. Java and C++ seemed to be the most popular languages there.
However, I learned about a software that allows you to create full-fledged apps through web languages (HTML, CSS and JS) called PhoneGap. I want to give it a shot one day.

thart

Reaction score
We used this:
http://mobile.conduit.com/
It's nothing special, no coding is really required everything you need is there, you just supply the link for twitter etc,
Although you need to pay to get it put forward for getting put on the app market,play store etc

Though, if you're willing to pay, i would google something that's a paid creator.
Good idea.
Can you tell me how much you need to pay please?
I'm interested in this too.

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
I never thought that I could actually make mobile games without having advance knowledge on coding and technical stuff like that. Although I wonder if this mobile game creator is user friendly. It would be fun to make a simple arcade game since I once aspired to at least make on mobile game.

overcast

Reaction score
I never thought that I could actually make mobile games without having advance knowledge on coding and technical stuff like that. Although I wonder if this mobile game creator is user friendly. It would be fun to make a simple arcade game since I once aspired to at least make on mobile game.
Some of the online sites have the template system which can be used for the making typical template app or game. For example making puzzle games would not be that hard. And if you make use of those online templates, I am guessing it'd be in fact easier to make money off by quickly deploying them. But still learning to program is a good skill.

Yukibana

Reaction score
I don't think that it'd be particularly hard with a background in programming, which I have. To be honest, the app market might be oversaturated by this point, so the hard part is coming up with something novel that can gain a large playerbase. In my opinion, some of the best games can be created from just a simple concept.

overcast

Reaction score
I don't think that it'd be particularly hard with a background in programming, which I have. To be honest, the app market might be oversaturated by this point, so the hard part is coming up with something novel that can gain a large playerbase. In my opinion, some of the best games can be created from just a simple concept.
Sometimes people can outsource the programming. I know many such companies who have ideas and they came up with illustration. And the game was developed. So it's not always that programming is hard part. It is selling the game and reaching more people that seems to be the hard part out there.

Clara1993

Reaction score
I suggest you to use YoYogames Gama Maker. They seem to have a good program. You can learn how to make game through that app. I have seen some people making use of that to play and create a lot of games. Though not a lot of them reach the Android play store or other stores. But the program itself is capable of making some nice games.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll surely look through it and see what's there for me, But unless if I do that for fun otherwise what's the use of creating a game or an app which won't hit playstore?

overcast

Reaction score
Not necessary. There is no human approval on playstore. They have just security checks. So that being said making app is not that hard. You can follow some of the Tutorials on Android Development. And see if that helps you with the getting started part. I have tried some good tutorials and it worked out fine for me.

vinaya

Reaction score
I don't have skills to develop an app, however, I have always wanted to create and launch my app. I once tried to create an ap through a free app creation tool. I did not release the app on the marketplace, but it gave me a confidence to start learning how to make an app. I have this dream to launch an app for my website as well as personal app one day.

overcast

Reaction score
I don't have skills to develop an app, however, I have always wanted to create and launch my app. I once tried to create an ap through a free app creation tool. I did not release the app on the marketplace, but it gave me a confidence to start learning how to make an app. I have this dream to launch an app for my website as well as personal app one day.
Free app creation tools are mostly fake and they are just getting people to create and uploading their apks. So when the apps are installed their ads run. So I don't use them. As those apps are likely to have their set of issues. So I think only option in such case is to go with developing your own app in there.