• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Developing Your Own App?

Kalaborative

Reaction score
So I was wondering if anyone here knew of any resources to make your own app? All I found were some online seminars that taught you how to do that but they're pretty expensive and I just want something free and simple enough. Anyone got any advice? :)

Zahreah

Reaction score
We used this:
http://mobile.conduit.com/
It's nothing special, no coding is really required everything you need is there, you just supply the link for twitter etc,
Although you need to pay to get it put forward for getting put on the app market,play store etc

Though, if you're willing to pay, i would google something that's a paid creator.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
http://mobile.conduit.com/ Has ads though but you can like pay $50 to get them removed for a year.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Oklahoma City Thunder said:
I've always wanted to create an app myself.

It can be expensive, you have to buy an apple app license or you could sell the app rights to one of the big app providing companies.

RAND0M1ZER

Reaction score
Well it depends a lot on your starting point. Do you know anything about programming already or are you a total beginner? I would recommend at least grasping the basics (variables, arrays, loops, etc.) before you start researching app development.

Kalaborative

Reaction score
Yea I'm a complete beginner to this stuff. I looked at a couple of places where I could go learn the iOS programming and the developer sites. I just wanted a good foundation for when I decide to make something new :)

Fuzed

Reaction score
Ask I think it was Scion who made the PTM app.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Squish said:
Ask I think it was Scion who made the PTM app.

Haha Scion? he is the news reporter, -Hulu made it!

overcast

Reaction score
YoYo Games gamemaker have the option to export to the Android. And you can then distribute the APK through the playstore. Also they have option for iOS. So it's possible. But you have to make sure that your resources are consistent there. I don't think it's hard to make game but you have to work on monetization part. I am not sure if there is much documentation for this.

Pixie06

Reaction score
I know something called mobincube. It allows you to create applications for mobile phones and tablets. I have never tried it personally. You can give it a try. That's a free application. So you have nothing to lose.
My cousin and I once created a flash game which was very challenging but once completed we felt so proud and happy.

Clara1993

Reaction score
It's my dream to own my own mobile Application but then I get pissed by all those apps out there Plus I fear competitions Thought about owning a game but that a great competition I wonder If I should create An app for news or a how to do like an app which has Streaming of how to play certain games good Idea right??

valy

Reaction score
I never made any app for my phone, but you can create apps using Java for Android by downloading its free their softweare, and if you want to create an iPhone app, you must use the iOS platform but is a bit expensive, it costs around 100 dollars!

DenisHero

Reaction score
If you want to create an app especially for monetization,you can try Quick App Ninja or AppsGeyser.Both allows you to choose a specific template,redesign it,monetize it with Admob banners and publish it on stores.
You dont need any coding for that.

overcast

Reaction score
It's my dream to own my own mobile Application but then I get pissed by all those apps out there Plus I fear competitions Thought about owning a game but that a great competition I wonder If I should create An app for news or a how to do like an app which has Streaming of how to play certain games good Idea right??
I suggest you to use YoYogames Gama Maker. They seem to have a good program. You can learn how to make game through that app. I have seen some people making use of that to play and create a lot of games. Though not a lot of them reach the Android play store or other stores. But the program itself is capable of making some nice games.

Gladdy

Reaction score
I have never personally tried to make a mobile app but plenty of people make them every single day, so it honestly can't be that hard - at least the very basic ones. You have many good softwares that are beginner friendly and guide you through the process.

I'd suggest:
AppMachine,
Appery.io,
TheAppBuilder,
Appy Pie.

All of these are amazing according to my friend which has made several gaming based mobile apps :)

zeedollar

Reaction score
Just simple google for free online platform for building apps and you will find a number of then. You can check out other free online resources for building an app. You should also set out budget as you might require to pay for some stuffs if you need to upgrade.

joegirl

Reaction score
I'm so glad I came across this thread. I have always wanted to develop my own app as well. I have taken a few courses online and will try to use some of the guides listed here. By the way, are you trying to build a gaming app or another type of app? I want to build a admob app.