• Game Rebels: The site that rewards you for posting
  • Join The Awesome ARK Server!

Island PVE (Official Rates x2) by Vurh.Club
    Join ARK Server! Join ARK Discord!
  • The Game Shop V2!

A Complete revamp! Hundreds of FREE games, now available!
    Shop Now!
  • Game Rebels Community

Welcome to this awesome gaming forum
    Register Now
  • Earn Points to Buy Games!

The more you post, the more you earn
    Learn More

Desktop or Laptop, which one is better for games?

Discussion in 'Gaming Hardware & Software' started by iTommy, Jul 5, 2017.

1. cesarmatute

cesarmatute New Member

I prefer a desktop to play games, because you can improve your hardware, especially the graphic card, it doesn't mean a laptop hasn't it advantages, in fact, if I could have both desktop and laptop, then I would. A laptop has also its advantages. It's easier to carry. You can take it with you in a backpack. How about playing DOTA 2 (for example) with your friends in the same room, that would be easier with a laptop.

2. fishmonk

fishmonk Member

Yes, laptop is easier to carry but in certain countries it is common to go to LAN cafes to play with friends. Laptop is excellent to game on if you are always on the move.

3. randolm

randolm New Member

Judging from the answers it seems pretty unanimous though I can hardly blame anyone. I have only played on a laptop so far (not a gaming laptop but still more reliable than my newer desktop lol) but I still prefer desktop- at least if something fails its much easier to replace.

4. fishmonk

fishmonk Member

I have to agree on this. I like to have the option to upgrade my PC parts and keep the ones in good condition. In that way, I can save cost instead of buying a whole new laptop.

5. Weygd

Weygd Member

If you do have money, I'd go with Laptops, but don't plan on playing PUBG on a $700 laptop; expect at least more than a thousand dollars for this.
    If you have less money or do not see the necessity of playing elsewhere than in your own room, Desktop PC are much better and cheaper. My $450 desktop computer can run Battlefield 4 in max settings without any problem, as long as you know what composants you're picking and where.

6. Clara1993

Clara1993 New Member

I don't like heavy laptops because I use to carry it when I have assignments at work or school and the bigger the screen would be for a good gaming experience the heavy the laptop will be which is why I prefer to play games on my desktop and use my laptop in other work related things.

7. Vladimir Gray

Vladimir Gray Well-Known Member Forum Administrator

Honestly. I would go with a Desktop, as certain ones can run games faster and better, where laptops are not really that great for games, unless it's a gaming laptop, but a gaming PC would be better then a gaming laptop.

8. xXInfectedXx

xXInfectedXx New Member

For gaming, that's a tricky question. A gaming laptop still does the job and can run games which take allot of CPU usage. Therefore for me it's a Laptop for PC Gaming!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  9. Mace

Mace Super Moderator Moderator

Desktop, it runs everything better and I never have technical issues.

10. Fallenpyro418 (Sparks)

Fallenpyro418 (Sparks) Community Supervisor Community Supervisor Forum Administrator

Desktop has way more capabilities and processing power.

11. Scotty

Scotty The One and Only Premium

It depends on your job. For example with me, I prefer gaming laptops since I am never in one place for a long time, but I have the money to afford a gaming laptop, since a lot of times they are pricier than a desktop.