• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Current CPU?

thart

Reaction score
I'm looking for AMD Ryzen 7 1800X :sunglasses:
I hope to have it soon:sweatsmile::tongueclosed:

Inqogn1to

Reaction score
Overheating Athlon 860k quadcore with stock cooler loool :). Getting an upgrade soon though so I should be good!

Deathisue

Reaction score
Oh, I see, thank you! I gave a quick look to the prices, I expected them to be much more expensive. Is it hard to replace? I really don't want to risk to damage the other components in the process :sweatsmile:
Yeah, dust is terrible. I always clean the conducts every now and then, but, of course, there's always some residue left.
Of nothing!, this is very difficult to replace because you have to get to the plate what it means to disarm it, I would recommend sending it to a technician or service that can do it so you do not worry so much about it, you must see if still have a important residue of dust inside and that is all.

fishmonk

Reaction score
I'm using a i5-4690 CPU. It's working well for my gaming and work purposes.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
Of nothing!, this is very difficult to replace because you have to get to the plate what it means to disarm it, I would recommend sending it to a technician or service that can do it so you do not worry so much about it, you must see if still have a important residue of dust inside and that is all.
Yup, that's for the best. I already panicked the first time I opened up my laptop to clean things out, and somewhere inside me I always get the fear that it won't turn up ever again, so it's better if I let a professional do it.

Zyrcon

Reaction score
I'm still using a trusty I5-2500k, it's probably the best single processor I've ever owned. Overclocked, stable and has lasted over 5 years now.

djdanilo

Reaction score
I have an I5 4460 3.2 GHz and I must say it's a really good CPU. You can use it for games and everyday stuff you do on your PC, and for the money it's a really good performing CPU. Currently I don't have a good motherboard so I can't upgrade my graphics card, so I can't cant full potential out of my CPU either :unamused:.

forumheem

Reaction score
I have an i5-4430S CPU, I know it is not the best one on the market, but it is enough for me. I don't play really demanding games so the CPU is not a problem and for games like counter strike or league of legends, this CPU is more than enough.