• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Current CPU?

m33kuh

Reaction score
Currently rockin' my system with an intel core i7-3770k. So far it's doing very well and I am very impressed.
I actually bought this for a cheap price. And on top of it is a Hyper 212x Evo CPU cooler.

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
Currently using an i5 6600K w/ CRYORIG H7 cooler.

Tronikart

Reaction score
Hahaha haha ha...huh... Im still on an Intel Core 2 Duo E8400. I want to upgrade, but that means upgrading the whole motherboard, ram, GPU, probably PSU, and theres no money for all that

jahanzeb ali qureshi

Reaction score
I use a laptop for gaming as it is portable and easy to move anywhere. I have a Core 2 Dou and it has 80 GB hard drive and a good quality graphics card. It works fine with the games that I use to play most often.

streettallest

Reaction score
Considering what i use my PC for ,am pretty comfortable with AMD FX-6300.
its made up of 3 module chip.. each module consisting of 2 cores sharing resources with each other. although there are better options but for now am sticking here.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
My PC is a older PC its a I5 3.0 GHZ but the PC is 3 years old. So I don't know what gen CPU that is. But it does the job for me, I don't have any problem surfing the web or playing Minecraft. Minecraft is the old PC game that I play these days.

Lukehh

Reaction score
I'm rocking a i5-4570k, I got it 2 years back when I built my computer and it's still going strong! I even have it overclocked to 4.5ghz and the thing goes like a champ, but I have had to upgrade my cooling a bit to compensate for the near 1ghz overclock I have it running.

fireball916

Reaction score
I have the i5-7500 3.4ghz. Was quite the upgrade from my old computer's Core Duo E5200 2.5ghz. Hopefully I won't need to upgrade any time soon, processors can be expensive.

Denis_P

Reaction score
Currently I'm using an Asus ROG G750JS laptop and it's running an Intel Core i7-4700HQ 2.4Ghz (Turbo 3.4 GHz). I mean it isn't going to get NASA's attention by any means, but so far it's been serving me pretty well. Not only has it been okay for gaming, but I work with a lot of processor intensive software and it's been a champ in terms of keeping up performance.

The only thing I can complain about is that it doesn't hold up when it comes to the new generation of video game physics.

vennybunny

Reaction score
I have an i5 6198. It's actually a really good CPU, it just came with a very mediocre card, a 920mx. I wish I picked an i3 with a better card instead. Oh well, live and learn.

Deathisue

Reaction score
My cpu es a Amd A8 4500m with a integrated Graphic AMD 7640 is not the best, but still works, i know, i need a best pc, with time i going to change my pc for a best one but for now this laptop save my life.

SirJoe

Reaction score
I am currently using a Intel I7 6500U it does ok, I always thought that it would perform better. I guess if you want real performance the only way to go is with a desktop.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
My cpu es a Amd A8 4500m with a integrated Graphic AMD 7640 is not the best, but still works, i know, i need a best pc, with time i going to change my pc for a best one but for now this laptop save my life.
Hey, I have a similar setup! I have an A8 5550M APU with integrated AMD 8550G GPU. It's not the best, but I could hardly imagine getting anything better at the time with the same money. Plus, it does the job fairly well, so I can't complain. The only issue I have to point out is that it tends to overheat a lot, which is troublesome in summer. Does it happen to you too?

Deathisue

Reaction score
Hey, I have a similar setup! I have an A8 5550M APU with integrated AMD 8550G GPU. It's not the best, but I could hardly imagine getting anything better at the time with the same money. Plus, it does the job fairly well, so I can't complain. The only issue I have to point out is that it tends to overheat a lot, which is troublesome in summer. Does it happen to you too?
It usually gets overheat, but not only in summer, I live in a tropical country and it's all the time, I had to improve the thermal paste and buy a cooler pad to lessen the problem, now it works perfectly.

Jerick Gwapo

Reaction score
I have my laptop with me and it does a terrific job. Its still awesome!

My CPU is Intel iCore5-5200U. I have a 4GB RAM and my laptop does not encounter lags. I have a clock speed of 2.4 Ghz and it is still supporting my gaming mode. My Graphics card is Intel HD Graphics 5500, and up to 2133 Dynamic Video Memory ;) It is still kickin'

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
It usually gets overheat, but not only in summer, I live in a tropical country and it's all the time, I had to improve the thermal paste and buy a cooler pad to lessen the problem, now it works perfectly.
Ouch, yeah, that must have been an even bigger problem for you. I have an external fan, but it's weak (I bought it in a shop with mixed goods, I didn't expect much anyway) and it's as if it wasn't even there. May I ask you how you improved the thermal paste? I'm not very tech-savvy when it comes to that, especially if it's a laptop I have to put my hands in.

SuperBugMan

Reaction score
CPU speed is so irrelevant nowadays. Everything is GPU capped at this point unless its got horrible optimization (see PUBG).

I currently am rocking a i7-920 with a GTX 760. Having no problems running anything on mid settings.

Deathisue

Reaction score
Ouch, yeah, that must have been an even bigger problem for you. I have an external fan, but it's weak (I bought it in a shop with mixed goods, I didn't expect much anyway) and it's as if it wasn't even there. May I ask you how you improved the thermal paste? I'm not very tech-savvy when it comes to that, especially if it's a laptop I have to put my hands in.
Yes is horrible sometimes, about the thermal paste i just changed with a one with a silver compound has greater conductivity and helps to pass the information to the internal heatsink, you should also remember to avoid that the heatsink is filled with dust that can give you problems too.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
Yes is horrible sometimes, about the thermal paste i just changed with a one with a silver compound has greater conductivity and helps to pass the information to the internal heatsink, you should also remember to avoid that the heatsink is filled with dust that can give you problems too.
Oh, I see, thank you! I gave a quick look to the prices, I expected them to be much more expensive. Is it hard to replace? I really don't want to risk to damage the other components in the process :sweatsmile:
Yeah, dust is terrible. I always clean the conducts every now and then, but, of course, there's always some residue left.