• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Console vs Handheld

patrick.s

Reaction score
Console, handheld just don't cut it for top of the line graphics.

Hidden308

Reaction score
Console. Handheld doesn't have any room for online.

Hidden308

Reaction score
Yeah very minimal capabilities but nothing like a console or PC does.

haze

Reaction score
Hard choice really, I love both so I cannot really choose between the both of them. As far as I am aware, i cannot play Pokemon on the consoles but then again handhelds do not have the awesome graphic capabilities that I grave. It's a draw for me I am afraid!

NaiwenGS

Reaction score
Hey, whats the difference between those two? I thought it was the same thing?XD

AndroidOS

Reaction score
I prefer handhelds, for the simple reason that I can take it almost anywhere with me.

Master

Reaction score
Consoles have better games but handheld allow portability to carry it around wherever you go.

NaiwenGS

Reaction score
Consoles have better games but handheld allow portability to carry it around wherever you go.

Ditto, I like handhelds too, especially the GBA, the GBC, timeless moments on these two.

gktime

Reaction score
Console, because the games are so much better, the graphics are better too. And it is easier to play multiplayer with consoles, you don't need a whole new system

K1ngN0thing

Reaction score
I've always preferred handhelds. My DS collection is bigger than any of my console game collections. While not as powerful as consoles (which has never really mattered to me), they're well-suited to lying on the couch, and playing for a bit here and there. They also tend to be cheaper to develop for, leading to a wider variety of games. And on the subject of graphics, past a certain point it really doesn't matter. The 3DS's graphical capabilities are excellent, so it just comes down to the games themselves, and I think handhelds have the more interesting titles.

yurithebest1

Reaction score
To be honest i don't know which one to choose because i like both of them, however there was a time when i used to play Pokemon a lot on handhelds when i was a teen but now i don't play on handhelds anymore, i just have a Playstation 3 that i really like.

pink.lady

Reaction score
I prefer consoles than handheld. I never used any handheld but I think consoles give better experience with more interesting features. :D

How2Earn

Reaction score
Consoles, handhelds give me a headache after a while, althought I do have to say, the pokemon games could keep my occupied for days.

overcast

Reaction score
I have tried the handheld and not much fun. You can play some games like the Mobile games with that fashion. But due to the hype in mobile device there is not much demand in the handheld. I mean they are far more expensive in such case. I'd say it can be fun to have the console instead.Because it has more FPS rate compared to handheld.

Shortie861

Reaction score
As much as I would love to see a handheld released for Xbox I will admit that I am more fond of a console over a handheld. I find that after a while using a handheld I tend to get neck ache from looking down too much when playing whereas when playing on a console I am looking straight ahead to play the game. If there were to be a release of an Xbox handheld though, that would definitely be a pre-order release for me!

arachnophobik

Reaction score
Console for me. Handhelds are convenient and portable but are a lot more limited compared to console gaming. The handhelds can't handle the console's processing power and graphics, and although it can have good graphics, I doubt it would match that of a console's. I guess it would be handheld for traveling for me, but it would be a console for me if I decide to stay at home.

Empire

Reaction score
Consoles are more powerful and better hardware, However handhold is cool to do on the bus or 5 hours drive or up in the sky or places that you can get bored in what to do something you know

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I play PC for major games and if I plan on spending more than 10 minutes on it. I'd rather have a handheld device compared to a console since I can play most console games on my PC, while I can play handhelds on the go, which I rarely do, but still would be better since it has mobility in mind when they created it.