• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Can the Wii be for hard core gamers?

overcast

Reaction score
If I did buy a gaming system it would be the Wii, especially Wii fit. It can encourage you to be active and lose weight. I know people who have lost 100 pounds or more simply by using a Wii fit. I think you probably need the balance board to find the best gaming experience though.
I agree for those who are focusing on the fitness side, they can benefit from the Wii games. I can see that it'd be surely a good option in such case. I think a lot of Wii users are getting it for the family or for their own self. And that should tell you how that works out in the end as well. That's for sure as well.

kgord

Reaction score
Yes, I a mean if you can have fun working out, why not do it? It is just one of the ways that you can kind of kill two birds with one stone. I do want to get a wii one of these days because I think it is something that I could really benefit from.

WarVet

Reaction score
Yes, I a mean if you can have fun working out, why not do it? It is just one of the ways that you can kind of kill two birds with one stone. I do want to get a wii one of these days because I think it is something that I could really benefit from.

While I agree that some exercise is better than no exercise I don't think to play a video game could be considered an "Exercise" at all Some things are just better looking than they really are. I mean come on how many calories you burn playing a Wii video game versus how many would you burned doing the actual thing? While it's all nice and funny I just don't see it being an Exercise at all.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
I think PS Vita, Wii and few other franchise may come in with tablet type of concept. Because those type of the devices would be in demand. And considering Sony and Wii are into the family gaming experience. It'd be fair to say that they can launch a better product too. I am just speculating on this though. Who knows what could be the end product from those companies.

Your speculations are on point though. As I could possibly see Wii attempting to implement a tablet version within their list of released devices. I think Wii has its market and I respect that. I also think kids would love a tablet version as well!

kgord

Reaction score
While I agree that some exercise is better than no exercise I don't think to play a video game could be considered an "Exercise" at all Some things are just better looking than they really are. I mean come on how many calories you burn playing a Wii video game versus how many would you burned doing the actual thing? While it's all nice and funny I just don't see it being an Exercise at all.
Well, it isn't going to be as much exercise as doing the real thing, but the numbers kind of speak for themselves. If you are losing weight while playing a game, by moving around..it is certainly better than sitting in on your behind playing or a gaming console or PC for hours on end.

WarVet

Reaction score
Well, it isn't going to be as much exercise as doing the real thing, but the numbers kind of speak for themselves. If you are losing weight while playing a game, by moving around..it is certainly better than sitting in on your behind playing or a gaming console or PC for hours on end.

Oh yeah, that part I agree with you. The problem with Wii exercisers, in my opinion, is that they think playing Will can replace the actual thing. "Oh, i can eat that sweet because I already had my share of exercise" While it is certainly better than sitting around it does NOT replace the real thing. And some people think that can overindulge in eating more just because they had their "work out".

kgord

Reaction score
Well maybe, but many people today have tracking devices that let them know how many calories they are burning at any given time. It is just one of the things that technology can do for us. I guess if you have board you can build up a sweat using the Wii.