• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Can everyone here agree that aiming using the analog sticks was a pain?

Jameson

Reaction score
I agree that using analog sticks can be quite a pain,but I generallylike using them, especially when playing FIFA.

peachpurple

Reaction score
It depends on what game you are playing with analog stick. Flight simulator games and car racing games are easily controlled by the analog stick but not for RPG, arcade or adventure games. It is a pain in the neck to control the analog stick because not sensitive enough and cannot target on the character on the spot.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
Aiming with analog sticks is a pain, period. In any game, I just don't.. I mean... How would you even try to aim with that thing?! FPS and similar games doesn't belong to consoles. I know they are popular and a lot of players doesn't have a PC, but it's seriously a serious issue!
As a PC gamer I had a lot of trouble in a particular boss battle in Darksiders, since it involved aiming - and I was playing with a controller.

appleandcinnamon

Reaction score
It's a bit less tactile compared to using, lets' say, a mouse but I know a few people with carpal/cubital tunnel issues who rely on joysticks even when not gaming. It seems to remove some pressure off the wrist.

Tania997

Reaction score
It depends on the situation. I played Code Veronica and that part really makes you hate analog sticks, but in every other game I never really thought they were so bad compared to the mouse. Obviously the mouse allows for a more precise aim. I also heard the hitboxes on console are bigger because aiming is more difficult.