• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Your computer & gaming

Ghost

Reaction score
Are you happy with your computer and how it runs games? Is it fast? Are the graphics good?
If you are happy, post up your computer specs so we can perhaps buy your model computer next time we need a gaming computer!!

I currently don't play much PC gaming so I can't really help you guys out...I had an Asus laptop that was awesome with gaming, but it's broken now.

Zawazuki

Reaction score
I'm very happy with how my computer runs. It never lags and can play top notch (graphically speaking) games. The only thing that scares the poo out of me is that it gets VERY hot. (90C)

overcast

Reaction score
I can't say I am happy but at this price this is all I can get. I mean I have desktop with 2GB graphics and 4GB RAM. So apart from that there is not much to gain. Also I have laptop purely for work purpose. I don't have much money. And so I am going to adjust with what ever specs that I have. And may share games with friends on their console.

Pixie06

Reaction score
Are you happy with your computer and how it runs games? Is it fast? Are the graphics good?
If you are happy, post up your computer specs so we can perhaps buy your model computer next time we need a gaming computer!!

I currently don't play much PC gaming so I can't really help you guys out...I had an Asus laptop that was awesome with gaming, but it's broken now.
I don't usually use my PC for gaming because I am having some issues with it actually. My computer just keeps on freezing and I cannot use too much applications. I had this computer for more than 5 years. It is a custom built one. I play games on my PlayStation mostly.

Sino989

Reaction score
I use a laptop for gaming. It's an HP and I believe it was made in 2016 so it's not that bad of a computer. It's also not the most powerful system but it definitely gets the job and runs games very well for me.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Yep I am quite happy. It runs fast and the graphics card is also dependable although it is outdated.
My chipset is core i7-3770k and my gpu is NVIDIA GTX 660.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I'm perfectly contented with my PC. I can play a game, alt+tab and go online to browse for a bit, then go back in no problem. For console, it's 99.9% for gaming needs, so I can't really do anything else. I'm the type who gets bored easily, so browsing online every once in a while helps when I'm playing since it refocuses my attention. I also have work online so it helps to play a game on my free time then quickly jump right back in for work.

My specs:
1060 6GB Nvidia
i3240 intel
8 gb ram
2 tb HDD for games, 1 tb separate HD for OS

TheArticulate

Reaction score
Gaming-wise, I'm happy with how my computer runs things. It'll play essentially any game that I want to currently, so I haven't had a desire to upgrade solely for gaming purposes. However, I do videography for a living and am getting into filmmaking and I've found that my machine can't handle editing 4K footage very easily. This is the main reason I'm thinking about building a new, more powerful machine currently.

Kharyode

Reaction score
Yes I do play games of my computer, games like Pes 2016, Grand Theft vice city.
4gb system, the battery capacity is OK.

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
I don't play my consoles anymore, I just use the PC I built for gaming. My specs are:
Intel Core i5-6600K
MSI GTX 1070 8GB ARMOR OC
16GB Avexir RAM
1TB HDD
Toshiba 256GB SSD (I think it's Toshiba, can't remember)
MSI Z170-A SLI

Gladdy

Reaction score
I only use my computer for things like gaming and browsing the internet. I occasionally do some work on it but nothing that would require anything more than the Word. I have to say that my computer fits my needs. It isn't anything like ''OMG AMAZING'' but neither it's bad. It's somewhere in the middle a nice mid spec/budget PC. It runs all of the games that I have ever tried playing, even the newer. I just gotta lower the settings sometimes since certain games can be very demanding. I am not bothered about graphics or FPS though as long as I can play it somewhat normal I am happy.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
I use a laptop with quite a few years on its back by now, and even then I couldn't play all of the recently released games. I guess I can play most games released until 2014 pretty consistently on low settings, provided they have good optimization, with very few exceptions later (with the exceptions being indie games).
I'm not into heavy PC gaming, nor I care much about graphical details, I'm more than willing to play on low settings to get a higher frame rate (...well, as long as I still get shadows). I'd like to have a slightly more powerful machine, but I'm fine for now.

Linen

Reaction score
I'm happy with my computer and how it runs games, for the most part. I do care about power performance when I play games, but I care a lot more about my computer working for years to come and its general durability/longevity, because at the moment my computer is currently being used for both work and play (and work entails graphics programs, hence why my computer has the power it does to start). I can use other platforms to play games if I want to, but for the sort of work I do, I CAN'T use other platforms for that; I need my computer to work.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I play on a laptop with Intel i3 and Nvidia 820m and it's not the best, but it's okay. It gets GPU updates from time to time which makes the gaming experience better, it may not be the best experience but it's decent enough so you won't miss out on the latest games. It depends on how well ported the game is too, as there are games with very high graphics requirements that run well on my device, and there are games with lower requirements but are unplayable on my device.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I don't usually use my PC for gaming because I am having some issues with it actually. My computer just keeps on freezing and I cannot use too much applications. I had this computer for more than 5 years. It is a custom built one. I play games on my PlayStation mostly.
If it freezes a lot then you might want to reformat and see if that fixes things. If not, and since you said it's been years since you got it, well it might be time to retire the thing and replace it with a more modern rig. It's gonna be a lot more convenient since you won't have to deal with the frequent crashes, and you also get to play newer games. Win-win on every category.

Empire

Reaction score
Build my desktop 5 years ago, cost $2K back then and over the years I had to replace an power supply as it started and more storage like an 500GB SSD. And till this day still runs on high settings it's fast and I still going good with it

augusta

Reaction score
I use my HP laptop for my gaming, the graphics in it is quite okay,I enjoy my games without stress.I only thing I noticed is the PC become very hot at some point which I attribute to using it for a long time.