• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Xbox vs PS

clinkguts

Reaction score
As the thread suggests, which according to you is better?

Gladdy

Reaction score
There are already so many threads asking this question but I will answer it again anyway!

It depends on what consoles you mean, generally speaking, or the current latest ones, the old ones?? From the older ones, I preferred Xbox 360 over PS3 but if you are referring to the latest - Xbox One versus PS4, then without a single doubt, I choose the PS4. I have one and it is such an amazing console. It is like a little rocket. Fast, easy to use, no problems, very good navigation system and optimization, great exclusive games and on top of it all, the controller is actually nice to hold. The Xbox One's controller is horrible. It's too bulky and heavy. I have tiny hands and I'd never feel comfortable holding it. PS4's one is light and has an amazing ergonomic design.

clinkguts

Reaction score
There are already so many threads asking this question but I will answer it again anyway!

It depends on what consoles you mean, generally speaking, or the current latest ones, the old ones?? From the older ones, I preferred Xbox 360 over PS3 but if you are referring to the latest - Xbox One versus PS4, then without a single doubt, I choose the PS4. I have one and it is such an amazing console. It is like a little rocket. Fast, easy to use, no problems, very good navigation system and optimization, great exclusive games and on top of it all, the controller is actually nice to hold. The Xbox One's controller is horrible. It's too bulky and heavy. I have tiny hands and I'd never feel comfortable holding it. PS4's one is light and has an amazing ergonomic design.
Oops, I didn't knew that there were similar threads already present.Anyways, thanks for the info Gladdy.BTW I was talking about the latest ones.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
I've said this many times before, but it doesn't become any less true the more I repeat it. I would pick the PS4 as my preferred console solely because of the exclusive game content available on it. My roommate has a Playstation as well, and though he uses it to stream movies more than play games anymore (he's a PC guy now), he highly recommends it.

I've been itching to play The Last of Us, Until Dawn, and Horizon: Zero Dawn for a while now.

clinkguts

Reaction score
I've said this many times before, but it doesn't become any less true the more I repeat it. I would pick the PS4 as my preferred console solely because of the exclusive game content available on it. My roommate has a Playstation as well, and though he uses it to stream movies more than play games anymore (he's a PC guy now), he highly recommends it.

I've been itching to play The Last of Us, Until Dawn, and Horizon: Zero Dawn for a while now.
Okay, Sir, I will follow your advice.
Thanks.

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
I'm a PlayStation fan since its first release. I maintain my opinion. I always loved games like Sly Cooper, God of War, Infamous and other exclusives, that only on PlayStation, have an audio translation to my native language. This makes me pick always PlayStation, being a regular customer ;)

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
I think this question has been beat to death on every gaming forum lol. :smile: But here is my take on the whole Xbox vs Playstation. If you can afford it buy both systems and you will have the best of both worlds. If you can only afford one system. Then think about if your going to be wanting to play with your friends. And ask them what system they are playing on. And if you don't care about playing with friends. Then ask yourself which system has the exclusives that I want to play and go with that system. Other then that the graphics on both systems are about the same.

overcast

Reaction score
I think often the comparison is on the level of games being supported by the two consoles. I don't think that the comparison is reasonable. I guess we need to do spec wise comparison. And with each comparison I am guessing that the console model needs to be properly compared. I think that would be fair.

SirJoe

Reaction score
I'm a PlayStation fan since its first release. I maintain my opinion. I always loved games like Sly Cooper, God of War, Infamous and other exclusives, that only on PlayStation, have an audio translation to my native language. This makes me pick always PlayStation, being a regular customer ;)
I think that is one of the main things that determines the platform you choose. For me it was the Grand Turismo that got me interested in playstation, but I am really interested in the XBox Scorpio that they have been talking so much about.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I think both have their own pros and cons as they have games that are exclusive for each console. But if I had to pick one, I would choose a PS. The PS just has more exclusive games that I love, and Xbox has none that I really like and can't play on PC. If only my PC could play PS4 games, then I would be more of a Microsoft person. PC and Xbox games are good, but I think gems are in the PS.

Haristar

Reaction score
Absolutely PS4. I recently bought this console and I have a hard time giving it a rest. The navigation is good and the gaming experience is excellent that you will not just rest until you finish the entire game in this. I am currently playing Call of Duty: Black Ops III. Even though I have played this game a number of times, I still play it like it is the first time. :)

lindbergh

Reaction score
Hey hey hey! I'm sorry for barging into the XBox territory. PlayStation fanboy here and I'm going to cast my vote with as little bias as possible. :D
  • PS1 vs XBox None = I choose PS1 - this is the best console during its lifetime.
  • PS2 vs Xbox (the first Xbox but not the ONE) = PS2, I choose you! Although the PS2 was under-powered as compared to the Xbox, the PS2 churned more quality games than its competitor
  • PS3 vs Xbox 360 = Hmm... tough choice... I'd have to go with the PS3.
  • PS4 vs Xbox One = The PS4 has a lot more interesting upcoming games.So, I'd have to go for the PS4.
Well, would you look at that! The PlayStation wins and the Xbox loses! :D

Chris Holman

Reaction score
This is a hard decision because growing up I was more of a PlayStation fan then a Microsoft or Xbox fan. Yet over the years I've kind of converted over to more Xbox 1 games because of the interface that the Xbox one provides. Don't get me wrong they're both lot of fun and I would still play the PlayStation today as a matter of fact I do have both consoles but if it really came down to it I would have to choose the Xbox One. Get on never forget that crash Bandicoot game on the original PlayStation thus the reason why I got into PlayStation in the first place. Cool but that's my opinion what do you guys think?

Referal

Reaction score
I played on playstation since I was a kid so I will go with playstation also another reason why is because PS was released on the year I was born and the same as me I think it was Playstation 2 yup it was Playstation 2 and I have such fond memories of playing games on it growing up on it