• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Xbox ventilation problem

n00b tube

Reaction score
Hey peeps.

I put my Xbox on earlier and got an update message (again!!!) so I let it update and then just after I started my game I got a message that the Xbox was shutting down due to ventilation problems.

I have never had this message before and can't really understand it because it has nothing around it. I tried unplugging everything and then restarting it and I got the same message again. Has anyone else had this problem? The Xbox is just out of warranty too! :mad:

Anyone got any tips?

yurithebest1

Reaction score
I have never had that message before when i used to have an Xbox 360, but my suggestion is to open the console and clean it very well, and here is a video that will help you clean your Xbox 360...

[video=youtube;-JRvrqHOOjU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JRvrqHOOjU[/video]

YuckFou

SuperAdmin
Reaction score
I actually used the vacuum to clear the vents the other day and it is working fine now.

Hidden308

Reaction score
Vacuums wouldn't be bad. I haven't ever had a vent problem, so no need to clean mine out..I think.

Casper001

Reaction score
Vacuums wouldn't be bad. I haven't ever had a vent problem, so no need to clean mine out..I think.

It's always good to loosen some dust by blowing some of the vents, I do it daily, Keeps it more flowing