• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Xbox One X

Empire

Reaction score
Not much to look at, looks simple design. Yet I like that it can do 4K and play games in another world lol

Not bad for the cost, yet wait another year and it be even cheaper

Gladdy

Reaction score
I agree the design seems very simple. I thought they would make it way more stunning looking not just another box type of Xbox. Also, the controller doesn't look much different? It's still bulky as hell and doesn't look nearly as comfortable as the PS4 one.

I do like that they've made the games compatible with the Xbox One which is very convenient. The specs are very impressive - especially the CPU and Memory upgrade, on top of the obvious 4k. It is weird that it is still heavier than the Xbox One S though.

The pricing is so-so. I think it's expected when it's a brand new console but like Empire said, it will definitly drop a year after it's release. I wouldn't really pay that amount of money.

Before I decide to buy it or even consider it, I will wait for the Playstation's new console. I think it shouldn't far too far away, maybe next year.

Sino989

Reaction score
I think it is very cool what they have done to this console because it's just not a small upgrade like what they do with most consoles when they come out.

Empire

Reaction score
I do like that they've made the games compatible with the Xbox One which is very convenient. The specs are very impressive - especially the CPU and Memory upgrade, on top of the obvious 4k. It is weird that it is still heavier than the Xbox One S though.
Still, can not beat an 5K desktop. But for the cost of the Xbox then it's good. You get what you pay for. It's not like they doing 1080 is SLI LOL

The pricing is so-so
like I mention it will drop by an year later. then when it does, they going to release something new yet again. 4K isn't going to be here forever. 8K is also here

Koyomi Araragi

Reaction score
Oh, it's also worth noting that we don't technically have a 100% solid release date yet. The site has a disclaimer reading "This device has not been approved by the Federal Communications Commission. It is not for sale until the FCC approval has been obtained."

Well, if the FCC won't let me have it, then I'll really want it. It's that thing about forbidden fruit...

Ipa07

Reaction score
The new Xbox looks really good. I think I will buy it because I still haven't bought anything form Xbox. I waited for Microsoft to announce 4K console to buy it.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
My friends were disappointed by the design of the Xbox One X as they called it "simple" and "basic". Personally, I'm happy with it. When a new console is released, I'm not looking for futuristic next generation designs. For me, it's about the hardware and performance of the machine itself. With that being said, I am thoroughly satisfied with the Xbox One X from first glance. My only problem (if any) is the price. Yes, 4k gaming is a work of art. But $499 for any console is extremely steep in today's market. I will most likely wait several months before even considering purchasing it. Overall a good console with a horrid price tag.

MLF

Reaction score
The design of the console is the last thing that I care about... it's all about the games.

That being said, I watched the entire Microsoft E3 conferences and there just wasn't enough interesting games that makes me want to open my wallet and upgrade from my Xbox One. Now that they have a powerful console and they have their crossplay initiatives, it will bring developers back into the fold that may have went over to Sony when the original One fiasco happened.

missionreport

Reaction score
First of all Xbox one X is a stupid name. The design isn't saying much and that price at $499 is way too high. It would be nice to be able to play games in 4k though. I'm sure pretty sure Sony will be pressured to release the PS5 sooner than they have originally planned so I think it's best to wait. That price should become more competitive when the PS5 comes out if you know what I mean.

Smokey

Reaction score
First of all Xbox one X is a stupid name. The design isn't saying much and that price at $499 is way too high. It would be nice to be able to play games in 4k though. I'm sure pretty sure Sony will be pressured to release the PS5 sooner than they have originally planned so I think it's best to wait. That price should become more competitive when the PS5 comes out if you know what I mean.
I don't see Sony releasing the PS5 this generation. It would be suicide for them. The only profitable division they have left is their gaming branch and they just released the PS4 Pro and PS4 slim a short while ago. I doubt they'll release the PS5 any time soon, as I said. It would be suicide if they do just to 'keep up' with Xbox One X. As for the Xbox One X (or XBOX :p) it looks great, playing games in 4K is going to be awesome and at $499, it's really not that expensive when you think about it. The Xbox One and PS4 both launched at this price initially in November of 2013, so it's not all that bad.

Dan bers

Reaction score
I find it rather simply sophisticated, can't wait to get my hands on one. Funny how we have the likelihood of accepting very complex stuff, like of it came made of glass, every magazine would have it on the top and back cover :smirk:

MLF

Reaction score
I don't see Sony releasing the PS5 this generation. It would be suicide for them. The only profitable division they have left is their gaming branch and they just released the PS4 Pro and PS4 slim a short while ago. I doubt they'll release the PS5 any time soon, as I said. It would be suicide if they do just to 'keep up' with Xbox One X. As for the Xbox One X (or XBOX :p) it looks great, playing games in 4K is going to be awesome and at $499, it's really not that expensive when you think about it. The Xbox One and PS4 both launched at this price initially in November of 2013, so it's not all that bad.
I believe they still have a firm lead in the PS4/Xbox One console race so unless they see sales numbers dip, I totally agree with you that they have absolutely no incentive to refresh their hardware as drastically as Microsoft felt compelled to do. Let's be honest, the only reason they did is because of how bad the original Xbox One launch was.

zackd

Reaction score
I mean it looks cool, very similar to the one with the clean look. I'm just not swaying one way or the other due to the fact that I've just cringed at the xbox since they named the current model the "Xbox One". Now the successor to that will be the "Xbox One X" Like, when will the Xbox 2,3,4,etc. come? But in all seriousness, I understand they can't just add another number to each version of the console because that's what Sony does with the playstation but I just feel like maybe they could name the console a codename or something, I don't know. I'm not super hyped and I'm not angry or whatever about it. I'm uneasy I guess.

valy

Reaction score
I think it looks good, it has a simple and nice design, and the cost is not that high. The performance is high, it has more memory, and smoother interactions to your gaming, graphics are faster and is more realistic. I think is very good and it worth to buy it!

overcast

Reaction score
I am guessing that the release is going to be during the fall of this year. Because most of the sales happen during this season. And the amount of money being spent in such case is higher. So it's natural that the XBOX one is going to be sold during that time. I think XBOX is indeed a good new release worth waiting.

Smokey

Reaction score
I am guessing that the release is going to be during the fall of this year. Because most of the sales happen during this season. And the amount of money being spent in such case is higher. So it's natural that the XBOX one is going to be sold during that time. I think XBOX is indeed a good new release worth waiting.
Yes, it's going to release Holiday 2017. :) November 7th I believe was the date given. It'll be releasing alongside some bigger titles too like Crackdown 3. Existing titles such as Titanfall 2 are supposed to be getting a patch for the One X to take advantage of it's upgrades and the higher resolution (4k)

Shortie861

Reaction score
The Xbox One X looks super amazing I will admit! However I am quite happy with my One S and with backwards compatibility coming to all consoles I feel I will be happy with keeping my One S.

Original Xbox games on the Xbox One though is amazing news! I can not wait to play Simpson's Hit and Run again and I am really hoping they do bring that backwards compatible.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
Not much to look at, looks simple design. Yet I like that it can do 4K and play games in another world lol

Not bad for the cost, yet wait another year and it be even cheaper
I want it for sure, I want to play Minecraft in 4k with the Super Duper graphics upgrade. But the $500 price tag is just a little too much for me. I mean honestly you can buy have of a gaming computer that will blow the Xbox One X out of the water. People buy game consoles because they are cheap and I think at $500 is going to be a hard sell. I have no doubt that every hard core game on the block is going to buy one at launch. But after the initial rush sales are going to slow way down and then they will be forced to lower the price and that's when I am going to buy mine. I bet it wont even take 1 year before they drop the price.

whatareyou420

Reaction score
Yeah, it'd be nice to play my games in 4K but I don't see the point of upgrading right now for that price. It's not like it's going to have games that I can't play on my regular Xbox one.