• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Vita Worth getting the PlayStation TV?

GlacialDoom

Reaction score
I have recently gotten really into RPGs, and I've noticed that there are a lot of this kind of games on the Vita. Even more, I've noticed that most are compatible with the PlayStation TV, and given its cheap price, I'm really tempted to get one. However, I would really like to hear from someone who has one whether or not it is worth buying one if I don't own a PlayStation 4.

Ryu

Reaction score
I had to look this up, but it looks like a neat idea. You cannot beat $99 ($139 for the bundle) though, I may get this myself! :D

niightwind

Reaction score
I've been doing a bunch of research on the PlayStation TV myself recently. The price is really great (a bit more than I can afford right now, especially considering I'm saving for a PS4, but still), so that's always a plus. From research I've done though, it seems the PS TV is still in pretty early stages, and at least from the last I heard (which was around the end of May) you can download apps like Netflix and YouTube but you can't actually run them yet. Some other apps though, like Crunchyroll, are working.

I've also seen that a lot of the compatible games for the PS TV (including PS Vita games in some cases) were removed, but that shouldn't really impact your opinion unless you really wanted to be able to play some of the incompatible games.

Overall I haven't heard any specifically negative reviews; everything I've seen has either been positive or neutral. Good luck with it if you decide to give it a try!

GlacialDoom

Reaction score
I've been doing a bunch of research on the PlayStation TV myself recently. The price is really great (a bit more than I can afford right now, especially considering I'm saving for a PS4, but still), so that's always a plus. From research I've done though, it seems the PS TV is still in pretty early stages, and at least from the last I heard (which was around the end of May) you can download apps like Netflix and YouTube but you can't actually run them yet. Some other apps though, like Crunchyroll, are working.

I've also seen that a lot of the compatible games for the PS TV (including PS Vita games in some cases) were removed, but that shouldn't really impact your opinion unless you really wanted to be able to play some of the incompatible games.

Overall I haven't heard any specifically negative reviews; everything I've seen has either been positive or neutral. Good luck with it if you decide to give it a try!

I think I'll save up a bit of money over this summer and buy it eventually. :)
Given that, at the moment, I only have a gaming laptop to play games on (well, not counting a really old desktop computer which, although served me well for years, will have to be sold due to not using it), I'd be able to play games on my TV while my family is using the laptop for other things. Also, the fact that it's so small that it can be put in your pocket means that I'll be able to go over to friends with it and play some multiplayer games!

zanderlex

Reaction score
There have been a lot of bad reviews on this so far because there have been a lot of apps that don't work, games that they said you could play but can't actually work anymore, etc. The concept of this is amazing and could be a lot of fun, but I don't see it being perfect for another couple of months. It's still good now unless you have one of the unplayable games.

john franklin

Reaction score
I would love to buy playstation T.v but I am worried about the comments that people made about it. I am not sure that when i am going to get buy I would let you people know about its performance.

Dhanidhamy

Reaction score
Didn't know there was even a PlayStation Tv if not now,and since its not to expensive I wont mind having one,I love gaming to the best level I can.