• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Worth buying the third major DLC for CoD AW on PC?

GlacialDoom

Reaction score
As I'm sure everyone here knows, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is pretty dead on PC. You either need all the DLCs or none in order to actually find a lobby so you can play. That being said, I'd really like to purchase the 3rd DLC, Supremacy, mostly because it has a really fun-looking zombies map, and it has Skyrise, a remake of Highrise from Modern Warfare 2.

However, the DLC is really pricey and I'd hate to shell out more money on this game if it's just going to be dead after Black Ops 3's arrival.

Martin

Reaction score
I think people will still play AW, you can still find games on Ghosts which is thought to be the worst game in recent years, however it may be harder to because of the BO3 beta taking players away sooner. I'm not sure, personally I haven't seen a need for DLC with AW - not really seemed worth it. But if you want to play it then you might as well get it if it is worth it to you.

Avex

Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks to @Patrick I've been able to get AW in my steam library today, searched for about 25 minutes and couldn't find a single match so I gave up and went to single player. I don't find getting the DLC worth it if you can't even find a single game. Wouldn't waste money if I were you.

GlacialDoom

Reaction score
Thanks to @Patrick I've been able to get AW in my steam library today, searched for about 25 minutes and couldn't find a single match so I gave up and went to single player. I don't find getting the DLC worth it if you can't even find a single game. Wouldn't waste money if I were you.

You don't find any games because you don't have any DLC. You need to purchase either the Season Pass or the DLCs separately (including the Atlas Gorge map) in order to play with everyone who remained to this title on PC. I was gifted the first DLC, so I figured I'd go along the route of getting the DLCs separately. I have to tell you, as soon as I got the Atlas Gorge map, matchmaking was immediately fixed for me. You also have to have an open type of NAT to find more lobbies, which you can do by port-forwarding.

Patrick

Reaction score
You don't find any games because you don't have any DLC. You need to purchase either the Season Pass or the DLCs separately (including the Atlas Gorge map) in order to play with everyone who remained to this title on PC. I was gifted the first DLC, so I figured I'd go along the route of getting the DLCs separately. I have to tell you, as soon as I got the Atlas Gorge map, matchmaking was immediately fixed for me. You also have to have an open type of NAT to find more lobbies, which you can do by port-forwarding.
It's pretty sad that you would need a DLC to find any players online. Especially for a "AAA" title. After checking Steam's population tracker, AW peaks at ~3,700 players. That should tell you enough :s

Martin

Reaction score
It's pretty sad that you would need a DLC to find any players online. Especially for a "AAA" title. After checking Steam's population tracker, AW peaks at ~3,700 players. That should tell you enough :s
The fact that you can't even find a game with that number unless owning DLC is a bad idea though. The matchmaking should just kick you out of lobbies that pick to play those maps, not block you from any lobby when they might be playing a non-DLC map.

GlacialDoom

Reaction score
The fact that you can't even find a game with that number unless owning DLC is a bad idea though. The matchmaking should just kick you out of lobbies that pick to play those maps, not block you from any lobby when they might be playing a non-DLC map.

It should work like Black Ops 2 - if you have DLC, it first searches for people with the same DLC (combination) as you, and if it wouldn't find anyone, it would neglect DLC ownership and would throw you into vanilla matchmaking. I guess we'll never see this on Advanced Warfare; it's not like they give a damn about PC. This served as a lesson not to buy any more modern Call of Duty games on Steam.

Rhomhie Morelh Campo

Reaction score
I suggest not to buy the DLC in COD AW not only the game play or game story of the AW is too short and some of it's components are lacking and need real money to access some of it's features especially playing in consoles its's a big no no for me.

AWPEK

Reaction score
It is not worth buying any DLC for Call of Duty Advance Warfare. I suggest that you stop wasting your money on that game and start saving for WWII. If you have more profit leftover then use it to order some food to celebrate the new release of WWII. Please do trust me since I have done the same thing and have made loads of profit for the new WWII which is releasing in November. Also, I have made enough profit to buy the DLC 5 of Black ops 3 (which is better than Call of Duty: Advance Warfare) and at certain time order some pizza. So do trust in me and do the same.

Ipa07

Reaction score
I think it's not worth buying this DLC. I always prefer buying new games instead of wating it on DLC. And I really don't like that DLC conpect where you have to pay to get new maps and skins.