• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Worst gaming company?

Hidden308

Reaction score
I have no bad experinces with a game or services from one yet enough to call in my opinion the worst. But what gaming company do you think is the worst?

22_22

Reaction score
EA (at times) with their awful servers. :(

Demon_skeith

Reaction score
The badness doesn't rest in the company, I say it just depends on the game makers and their resources.

Blindy

Reaction score
I would honestly have to say the makers of the Call of Duty Games. It's like every time they release a new CoD game, they change the storyline a little bit but there isn't anything exciting and it tends to get boring quick. At least with EA, when they release a new game such as Battlefield 3, it blows you away.

Denis_P

Reaction score
It's funny how it used to be that everyone basically ragged on a single company for being evil, and that company was Electronic Arts. But these days, so many companies are competing against each other to earn the title of worst company in the industry. Konami is the first that comes to my mind, but then you have others such as EA which is still the reigning champion, as well as Ubisoft which has just being churning out one bad game after another. God forbid we mention the developer behind No Man's Sky.

thart

Reaction score
Well, for me it's EA. I deslike a lot of their common practices.
Micro transactions, yearly updutes, online passes. That said, I still like a lot of their games. I was able to play and enjoy many games they published last generation and simply ignored the features or practices i didn't like.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Haha, I see that we have many EA ''haters'' here :D I am one too so let me join the train, choo choo!

I believe EA was even voted as the worst gaming company in the past. I am not surprised with the low quality of their games, constant bugs, no fixes, no communicating with the consumers, microtransactions in every single game, Their releases are always terrible and unplayable. They sure do make a conscious effort of staying the worst in my eyes.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I think that would be EA. I mean seriously, for a company with so much potential, they really ruined it by milking the heck out of their games. I've lost track of how many Sims games there are now, including those with dogs, spas, and other kinds of stuff. There was a time when I considered Electronic Arts as one of the most amazing gaming companies ever, but as time passed they really just ruined it for me.

NotCasual

Reaction score
Probably Ubisoft. The number of games they ship that are plagued with bugs is just embarrassing. It's also a waste, games such as Assassin's Creed Unity would have been beautiful if it wasn't for the bugs which made the game unplayable. Ubisoft is also known for downgrading their games, releasing them in a much worse state than what they showed at E3. Google it, you won't believe your eyes. The world of Watch Dogs at E3 looked very immersive and alive, much better than the version they actually shipped out.

hermessantos

Reaction score
EA (at times) with their awful servers. :(
Amazon, Walmart and Ebay are my favorite online stores. I already bought it on other sites and even in physical stores, but usually I usually buy only online.:sweat:

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
Let me tell you the tale of Comcept.
Comcept was a conceptually (heh) great company founded by Keiji Inafune, formally known as Mega Man's creator (he isn't the real creator, but most people associate Mega Man to him, so...). He left Capcom after one of his projects, Mega Man Legends 3, was cancelled and so he decided to make things in his own way. Mega Man hadn't been around much in the past years, so that sounded like good news: either Capcom would have reacted and released the unfinished games (spoiler: they actually cancelled all of the other projects still in the works), or Comcept would have pomped out a spiritual successor and, eventually, he could have even bought the rights to Mega Man! Let's wait and see what happens.
They made a couple of pretty promising games, Ninja Gaiden Z and Soul Sacrifice. Then, in 2013, they open up a Kickstarter for their next project, Mighty no.9 (rings a bell, right?). The response from the sleeping Mega Man community was mindblowing: reawakened by nostalgia, the game managed to raise over 4 million dollars in the month given to the fundraising campaign. All we had was a screenshot, some sketches and a boatload of stretch goals. So many stretch goals. It's funny to think we're yet to see the PSVita and 3DS version after four damn years, but...back to the story.
So, they raised all this money with no guarantees, but that's Inafune we're talking about, right? We trust him. He even had an all-stars team made up of almost the entire team that worked on the original Mega Man games, including composers and designers. There is no way things can go wrong. Or...that's what we thought.
Fast-forward three years later. After uncountable delays, the game is released in disastrous conditions. Full of bugs and constantly crashing (even during an official stream), the game itself wasn't half as good as everyone expected. Even the graphics were much different from what was shown from the original artwork, but that was to be expected...if you forget the insane fundings, that is. I'm pretty sure the backers didn't, though. To describe the whole game with a single adjective, I'd go with "unfinished". No more, no less.
In a nutshell: it was a disaster. They apologized and they're still (supposedly) developing the two expected versions left, but I'm not very confident about their release. Plus, if the game's such a mess on consoles and PC, I'm having a hard time even imagining what it will look like on freaking handheld consoles.
It was one big slip, but maybe they can recover from it. I still had some faith left.
...And then they proceeded to go with a second Kickstarter campaign for a game similar to Mighty no.9, Red Ash. You probably haven't heard about this one, and that's for the best. The campaign was started before Mighty no.9 was even released, after all the controversies that surrounded the game. Predictably, the campaign failed, but they still managed to raise half a million dollars, somehow. The whole thing was handled terribly: for instance, in order to get the full version of the game you had to back a minimum of 80$. Insanity. Then, a shady Chinese game company, Fuze, decided to finance the game. That goes against Kickstarter's guidelines, but they still decided to keep the money and address it to additional stretch goals...without revealing what they were. I don't know if they got refunded, but I bet not.
The project is still in the dark. It's been two years without any news, but...the good news is that the anime they promised is still getting done. By another company, of course.

Fortunately, the company has now been acquired by Level-5 (a much more reputable company), so hopefully things will change. But I dare you to find another company half as bad as this one, I double dare you.

Sorry about the huge wall of text, but everyone needs to know how ridiculous this whole story was.
TL;DR: Comcept raised 4M$ in a Kickstarter campaign and released a game that isn't worth a quarter of that. They then proceeded to start a second campaign, they found a software house willing to finance it and still tried to keep the backers' money.

Last edited:

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Most big companies these days just shell out overpriced DLCs for their players to buy. Doesn't even have to be content DLC that adds quests, areas, characters, etc; to the game. Just re-skins and costumes and charge a pretty penny for them. It's a shame too, but when profits got higher for the gaming industry, and they realize they could do so by simply cutting their work effort for the same amount of money, then they can just coast on that until they make another sequel to their big games and score a ton more.

Okaviator

Reaction score
These days I would definitely have to say that Wargaming is one of the worst gaming companies to date. They completely ignore their players and just constantly pump out crappy updates that people don't want.

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
There was an issue in Konami where it was rumored that Hideo Kojima, the maker of the Metal Gear Solid franchise, was being harassed by Konami's higher ups, despite Kojima's success. After the release of the last chapter of the franchise, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Kojima was fired from Konami. After then, Konami kept telling the public that they would be producing more Metal Gear Solid games even without Kojima, and that Konami doesn't need Kojima.
Konami is, so far, the worst gaming company I have ever known of. They even stated that people who quit from the company cannot use their working experience in Konami as part of their CVs. I don't know why they had to go that far because of that issue but it was just one ridiculous move for a gaming company. It implies that Konami does not give importance to its employees and key workers.

Deathisue

Reaction score
EA for to much is the worst company, sometimes I think ubisoft is the worst by its abusive policies but EA has a history in which he mistreats even his workers and their policies are not very good to be said, for all that in think EA is the worst of all.

valy

Reaction score
Hi, Hidden 308 I think that the worst gaming company is the Electronic Arts because they make you pay for everything, they have unfinished and broken products, and the biggest problem they have is that they don't listen to gamers who are playing and notice bugs, failures etc.I think that there may be more but this company is the worst ever!

anaatef9

Reaction score
I have to agree with everyone in this thread. EA is the worst gaming company ever. I have only experienced their FIFA game so I can only comment on that. Although in my opinion Valve comes in close second. For a company as big as EA you would think they would have a handle on their games. Every year they try to re-sell the same game and their main selling point is that they update player stats. Considering it's only a football game, how hard can it be for their team to spend a few months updating game mechanics. In addition to all of that, their servers are complete trash. To think that a game that sells as much as FIFA has connection issues really speaks for how bad of a company EA is. They don't even provide information about game mechanics and thus it can be as random as they want and no one will notice.

EA is just a money grabbing company that doesn't even try to better itself.

DenisHero

Reaction score
Goodgame Studios is the worst company ever.They created Goodgame Empire,in case you saw the game in advertisements.There are multiple games in their portfolio,covering different genres.
Basically,all this company wants is to make profit without serving players' needs.Their games are hackable so any decent hacker can take them down.
Support team is almost inexistent. I had couple of queries,still in pending and no reply.Money is everything that matters for Goodgame Studios.
There might be other gaming companies that don't mind customer's problems and wishes.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
I can not think of any that I actually consider "worst". I mean, there are some that I don't like, but not to that point. :sweatsmile:

fireball916

Reaction score
I wouldn't call a company totally bad but some decisions that make are bad. Like EA and Ubisoft. The overpriced DLC... so much overpriced DLC. Whoever controls the pricing for older Call of Duty games needs to stop, they're never lower than $9.99 it seems like. Like please let me buy it for a reasonably cheap price including the DLC.