• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Worst Game Ever Played?

eatthepeach

Reaction score
I was big into trying a lot of the arcade offerings of Xbox 360.....the worst game I ever played was Space Giraffe

Kingdom Hearts II was pretty bad, i loved the first one, but between Sora and the random tasks you had to do, i wanted to take the game out with the garbage like i had to in the game lol

Not the WORST game, but I was really disappointed in Destiny. I had such high hopes for Bungie's next release, and felt really slighted at the story bit time. the gameplay is good, but the flow goes nowhere. it just got too repetitive for me, i actually stopped playing it. very bit change from the hundreds of times i've played through Halo campaigns.

fcuco

Reaction score
A flight sim for the Xbox 360 called Over G Fighters. I really wanted to like this game but I simply looked ugly and I could never dodge a single enemy missile hence I didn't make it past the first one or two missions. The thing was so frustrating that it stopped being fun fairly quickly. I don't think that even real life missiles are this accurate and have this 100% kill ratio once fired. I tried everything, the weird maneuvers that the instruction manual suggested, flares, smashing buttons, everything, I was always killed as soon as somebody shot at me. How on Earth was that supposed to be fun? I had never got tired of a game so quickly in my entire life, I guess I played like 2 hours only just to shelve it and never play it again.

pwarbi

Reaction score
There's a difference though between a game being bad, and us being bad at a game, haha!

There's been a few games out in the past that I've thought were rubbish but in all honesty I just couldn't beat them. They wasn't rubbish, it was me the player that was!

christopher murray

Reaction score
The worst game I ever played is Zelda on nintendo 64 it was just not a nice open world game to me because it has a lot reading in it and you of to find misterious stuff and treasure too much adventure in. It's the worst game i ever played!!!!!!!!!

Atropia

Reaction score
The worst game I probably would have played was probably DayZ Standalone for the better yet of being the most boring game I've ever played.

Corzhens

Reaction score
I don't remember much but the name of the game is Pong and it's inside the Atari machine (that is hooked on tv). Once in a while, my husband would borrow the Atari of his friend and we would play at home. I couldn't forget that Pong game because I had never won and in fact, I got peeved when I was already sleepy and we were still playing with me always on the losing end.

Sino989

Reaction score
The worst game I ever played? The worst game I have ever played would have to Saints Row the Third because it was such a let down. I don't know if any of you ever played the first two Saints Rows but they were great, especially the second one so to me I think that they ruined the series.

ulfhedin

Reaction score
Mass Effect 3. This game had so much potential. I had never gotten into any of the other Mass Effect games until this one came out. I had heard that Mass Effect was based off an old game called Star Flight, and that is what really got me interested. The only thing that I liked about Mass Effect 3 was the multi-player game. The story line was very bad. The story line with the Quarians and Geth seemed like it was taken from Battlestar Galactica; The Biotics are Force abilities from Star Wars; and The Krogans are basically Klingons from Star Trek. Nothing about the Mass Effect story line seemed original to me.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
I Am Alive. I do not know if it's the worst game I've ever played, but it's definitely one of the worst. It's a kind of action/survival extremely short and poorly executed, with a color scale tending to gray that wants to be atmospheric but in reality it's just ugly to see. On the technical side is not really bad, but gameplay wise is really terrible. Stamina management is horrible, having to survive in dust is poorly managed and the climbing part is very limited. It also has one of the worst stories of all time: at one point the game completely abadons the main story to focus on saving some minor characters, and then completely forgets why we started this journey. And the ending is simply terrible.

Nickchick

Reaction score
The worst game for me that comes to mind is Sim Farm. I am not really a fan of farm games in general anyway but a few are okay and this one was just awful because there was no pizzazz to it. The graphics were so primitive as I do not recall seeing anything really happen. I remember I wanted to get rid of it so bad that I contemplated purposefully breaking it like the Walmart employee suggested I do since I could not return it.

Gladdy

Reaction score
I Am Alive. I do not know if it's the worst game I've ever played, but it's definitely one of the worst. It's a kind of action/survival extremely short and poorly executed, with a color scale tending to gray that wants to be atmospheric but in reality it's just ugly to see. On the technical side is not really bad, but gameplay wise is really terrible. Stamina management is horrible, having to survive in dust is poorly managed and the climbing part is very limited. It also has one of the worst stories of all time: at one point the game completely abadons the main story to focus on saving some minor characters, and then completely forgets why we started this journey. And the ending is simply terrible.

Haha, I actually played it through when I got it for free on Xbox 360 (it was one of the Gold games). I have to agree with you. The ending was very predictable and not even a proper ending? I don't know. I feel like the whole game was half-done. Like somewhere in between, they just couldn't be bothered to develop it properly. I expected much more. At least it was for free.

My worst one is Survivor the game. It's after The Survivor TV series which I am a huge fan of and watch religiously. Boy, do I regret getting this game. Bad doesn't even describe it. Horrible gameplay, half the time it makes no sense. Please avoid it.

gkillian

Reaction score
While going through my Steam library, farming up trading cards, I found this little game called Kholat. A friend asked if I was playing it, I said 'no not really', and somehow I wound up streaming it. I doubt I would have played it otherwise, but it represents a genre of 'game' that has never sat well with me. There are walking simulators out there, and while they aren't my cup of tea, I appreciate what they are. They're really just an interactive experience without any real gameplay to them.

Kholat tries to have it both ways. The gist is you're visiting the location of some mysterious real-life occurrence where some Russian college students mysteriously died in a really weird way. You wander around and explore, solving some basic puzzles and occasionally dodging these freaky monsters while collecting notes. Sort of like those Slenderman games that were popular for a while. The issue is that there is a LOT of walking, shoddy environment design that occasionally catches you, and the monsters are defeated by looking away from them. They teleport when they're not in your field of view... even if they were close enough to game over you immediately beforehand.

The gameplay is just plain bad, and the writing is incoherent conspiracy nonsense with a really dumb twist ending. It's very popular on Steam, but I didn't care for it at all - it tried to do two different things and failed rather miserably at both.

camshaq23

Reaction score
The worst game I've ever gotten was Madden on PS2. I tried so hard with this game but it was too confusing for me back in the day.

omar

Reaction score
The worst game ever I've played is Call of Duty, I hate this game, so boring and not realistic at all all you have to do is run and shoot and get some kill streaks and use them that's all you have to do.

AntwanCeja

Reaction score
Oh man, I guess there is a PS2 game I really hated... It was called Hustle: Detroit Streets... it was about playing pool haha!! I know, the tittle doesn't have anything to do with what it was about.. but yeah, terrible game, so dissapointing graphics.. an overall faillure..

Miles Hansen

Reaction score
Can I edge in a really unpopular opinion? For me, it's got to be Amnesia: A Machine for pigs. The entire appeal of the first one was that you had to be quick on your feet, make decisions and that the monster was around the corner at any time! In Machine for Pigs, it was very clear that a lot of it was scripted and that even if your reaction time wasn't that fast, you could still get through just fine. It felt more like an art project than a game, to be honest, but I guess I shouldn't have expected better from the company that gave us "Dear Esther" the worst none-game I ever spent 12$ on. Sure it's nice that the game is pretty to look at, but come on! I'd take an ugly game with great gameplay any day! :emoji-rage::emoji-rage:

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
Does that game QWOP count? You have to run using your keyboard. Was the hardest, yet most frustrating game I've ever come across. It started trending around 2009 I believe? Worst game I've played EVER.

gkillian

Reaction score
Can I edge in a really unpopular opinion? For me, it's got to be Amnesia: A Machine for pigs. The entire appeal of the first one was that you had to be quick on your feet, make decisions and that the monster was around the corner at any time! In Machine for Pigs, it was very clear that a lot of it was scripted and that even if your reaction time wasn't that fast, you could still get through just fine. It felt more like an art project than a game, to be honest, but I guess I shouldn't have expected better from the company that gave us "Dear Esther" the worst none-game I ever spent 12$ on. Sure it's nice that the game is pretty to look at, but come on! I'd take an ugly game with great gameplay any day! :emoji-rage::emoji-rage:

Huh, I thought A Machine for Pigs was widely regarded as a pretty big flop. Steam has it pretty low with mostly mixed reviews. I couldn't get past an hour or so in.

Amnesia was great, though I sort of get why they tried something new. There were some points (like the jail-ish place that was basically a maze with a couple of monsters wandering around) where the atmosphere completely died because the gameplay was so difficult that it drew you out of the game. You can 'solve' that with spooky wandering around scripted events, though that's a pretty miserable solution in my opinion.