• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Worst Game Ever Played?

Lola

Reaction score
I've seen the threads about favorite game and such, but what about the worst game you've come across? I remember how WarHammer Online was supposed to be the big game to blow World of Warcraft out of the water. It turned out to be the biggest disappointment I ran into as far as online gaming. I don't think I even played it for a full month.

That is my 'worst game' what's yours?

niightwind

Reaction score
I don't think I've played any games that were really terrible or anything, but there was one that I had really high expectations for but that turned out to be a real disappointment. I'm in the minority here with this one and don't mean to offend any fans of the game, but the Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire Pokemon remakes were just ... blah, in my opinion. I loved the original Pokemon Ruby, and the Heartgold/Soulsilver remakes were really great, so I had high hopes. But somehow they just didn't meet up to my expectations. I couldn't even get through the game. I'm sure it isn't because the game was bad, because I know it got really great reviews and I've seen people raving about how wonderful it was. I just didn't like it.

shadowsupernature

Reaction score
The worst game I've ever played was during the 16 bit era. (SNES/GENESIS times).

It was this martial arts game called "Budokan". Everything about this game was horrible. The graphics, the gameplay, the controls. Everything.

Even the music was irritiating. The few times I played it (before bringing it back to the store) I had to turn the volume down just to not here it.

xpictoc

Reaction score
The first game that comes to mind is Hatred, a recent controversial game with almost no redeeming factors. The goal is to kill as many innocent people as possible with a small arsenal of weapons. The fact that the main character is a misanthropic bastard who complains about how he's going to take down as many of them as possible is despicable. The gameplay is below average as well.

Lex

Reaction score
Assassins Creed Revelation and Assassins Creed 3. As much as I love the way the AC gameplay is designed, these two just felt like a drag to complete. The stories were boring and the side quests felt like they were meaningless. I'm glad AC 4 fixed all of that or I may have given up on this franchise. Unity was still a disappointment though. Also Deus Ex 2: Invisible War is an example of everything NOT to do in a game. I can't believe I wasted 10 bucks on that game when I was a kid, that was a three week allowance lol.

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
Assassins Creed Revelation and Assassins Creed 3. As much as I love the way the AC gameplay is designed, these two just felt like a drag to complete. The stories were boring and the side quests felt like they were meaningless. I'm glad AC 4 fixed all of that or I may have given up on this franchise. Unity was still a disappointment though. Also Deus Ex 2: Invisible War is an example of everything NOT to do in a game. I can't believe I wasted 10 bucks on that game when I was a kid, that was a three week allowance lol.
I thought number 3 wasn't too bad as it felt so different and had a nice feel to it. I personally think Unity out of the AC series, was the worst.

deadbroke

Reaction score
The worts game I've ever played is Combat Arms. It's a free to play FPS. With the latter sentence I should have really told you everything about this games. Apart from the really low level of skill that is required in order to be good there are really a huge amount of cheaters out there that makes the game unplayable and stuff like that. Also the fact that, if you pay you can get buffs and stronger weapons, make this game a really pay to win style and I hate this kind of game.

Obi

Reaction score
Anybody remember Brink? That game became famous in my school in the months before its release, and it was kind of my fault. I remember posting links to the trailers on facebook and showing everyone clips on the site showing off gameplay. I remember planning to make a clan of at least 20 people, and on the day the game came out my classroom was almost literally empty because people were staying home to play it. I became public enemy #1 amongst my gaming friends once everyone saw how bad it was, at least 10 people preordered it purely because of the hype train I started.

Razorwind

Reaction score
Probably the worst game I have ever played was something called KISS: Psycho Circus. It revolves around a plot where all four members of the band KISS have some sort of power and weapons and they have to escape from the circus or something. The game was really dark. I played it when I was ten or so, and I remember hating the gameplay a lot. Also it scared the hell out of me back then and I've never played it again.

JoshSucksAtGames

Reaction score
The worts game I've ever played is Combat Arms. It's a free to play FPS. With the latter sentence I should have really told you everything about this games. Apart from the really low level of skill that is required in order to be good there are really a huge amount of cheaters out there that makes the game unplayable and stuff like that. Also the fact that, if you pay you can get buffs and stronger weapons, make this game a really pay to win style and I hate this kind of game.

CA was good during its early days (imo). Invested quite a few hours into that game when I was younger.

Honeymoon

Reaction score
I didn't like Fallout that much. Is it necessarily the worst game that I've ever played? No, but it's not my kind of game either.
But real talk? Probably something like Unturned or other seemingly unfinished, half-assed games on Steam. Especially those that are NOT free, but should be. Unturned was kinda cool up to a point when you realize that it's basically Minecraft's ugly sister. With less things to do in-game. And less exciting. And ugly overall.

Oh, and have I said that the game is ugly? It's very ugly.

ScorpionWaterfall

Reaction score
I can't really say it's the worst game I ever played, but it was a game that disappointed me. DC vs Mortal Kombat. I was looking forward to that game, but it was a huge letdown.

MHFU

Reaction score
I have played some pretty bad games. As you may have guessed it was on an older device. It was the Nintendo DS. A lot of games released on the DS were poorly made and had many glitches due to the limitations of the device. Because of this, many games are considered terrible games. Some of the worse were the 3D paceman games and Lego Star Wars the Original Trilogy. Out of these two games there were missions that were too hard to beat, glitches making it impossible to win, or both. On the paceman game, you could not get passed a certain part if you did things in a certain way. This made the game a useless fail. On the Star Wars game, if you turned on cheats for fun, the game is broken and in most cases you cannot go back without erasing your progress. This is not even the biggest problem. In one of the levels of The Empire Strikes Back, there is a hoth level that is not easily beatable. If I could not do it at the age I was, then I highly doubt a child could which this game was intended for. This game did not have the same levels as the complete saga edition. This game was far less fun with much less content even if you did not count the prequel content. This is my opinion.

Squigly

Reaction score
Planetary Annihilation for me. It was hyped as a revolutionary RTS game in the kickstarter, but the end product left many backers high and dry with many promised features being omitted. It's the standout example why I don't recommend backing games in beta or early access.

Dabstin

Reaction score

Agreed. ACR and AC3 may just have been the worst games of the franchise, although Rogue and Unity may be close to that as well. To be frank 50% of the franchise is crap. Ubisoft just uses the name to milk more money out of it and it really pisses me off that they rarely bring anything new and make it work.
I also want to add that I regret ever playing Resident Evil 5 (or 6, or 7, or 8, I'm not even sure which number it was) on the PS2 when I was younger. It was nothing short of a disastrous waste of time that I spent over 10 hours on out of boredom while simultaneously banging my head against the nearest wall.

Steamroller

Reaction score
Can't tell the absolute worst but Take a look at these pieces of rubbish. I suggest discretion.

Dungeon Lords: What a broken piece of stool was. Clumsy animations, unbalanced classes,
poorly crafted world design etc. Hilarious voice acting. At least got an diverse set of playable races.

Shadow the hedgehog: When Sega thought edgy dark characters were the most popular among
gamers. You can play this crap with Linkin Park sounding in the background for an immersive
experience.

Hack G.U: Endless grinding. Always repeating the same old scenario, killing the same old enemies
until you reach max level. Only good thing was companion relationships and the plot was not so bad.
Is just a far worse Persona 4.

Dragon Age 2: Retarded level scaling, linear and restrictive as an on rails shooters, braindead
combat and inability to play as other race than a default human. Doesn't worth a try.

Gothic 4 Arcanum: God! My beloved franchise reduced to a shallow, boring, sub par rpg wannabe.
This game got as much RPG elements as Gear of War. Only that is a lot less fun.

pwarbi

Reaction score
While it might be a bit extreme to call it the worst game ever, certainly a big let down was driveclub for me on the PlayStation 4. Not only was it not released WITH the console like I'd ordered, it was only released about 6 months later, the main feature around what the game was built on, the online factor, didn't work and even now a year on since release its glitchy to say the least.

thefratman

Reaction score
Sonic 06.

The internet has collectively beat the dead horse that is that game into the ground, but at it's core, so awful in execution. You could even finish the game early with a few sequence breaks.

Such a waste of money.

InvadeYourSpace

Reaction score
The worst game I've played was probably "BattleToads". It was impossible for me to beat as a kid. There was the level with the hover bikes and walls you had to dodge. That was about as far as I could make it. None of my brothers could beat it either. Behind that I would say Banjo Kazooie. Some people gave it good reviews, but it was a flop to me.