• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Worst console you have owned

Pokemon

Reaction score
What is the worst console that you have owned.

For me it would have to be the Wii, even though it has some amazing games. I just really don't like the motion controls. They really take getting used to. Sometimes the controls set for a game are really dumb as well. I'm so glad you can use the gamecube controller in games like Brawl and Mario Kart Wii. The wii remotes I have also seem to have trouble with my sensor bar so its hard selecting stuff on the home menu. Don't even get me started on playing Super Mario Galaxy with these things. :mad:

Hidden308

Reaction score
I would agree with the Wii you said aswell. Motion control isn't the greatest but to be honest it is the future of gaming. Sooner or later most of the new consoles (after Xbox, PS3, etc) they will probably all be motion control. :p

charlieman999

Reaction score
I think Gamecube is the worst console I have ever owned, Resident evil 4 were one of the few games that were worth it, I also liked Windwaker but outside of that I didn´t find any games that interested me.

Oskar

Reaction score
The Wii. The motion stuff didn't do it for me.
charlieman999, the GameCube!? :eek:.. that's my most favorite one :p

Jessi

Reaction score
I have heard so many complaints about the GameCube....and now I rarely hear about it at all because it didn't have a lasting fanbase.

As for me, I guess maybe the Atari if you're getting technical. I loved played the games, but it's not like it was really advanced compared to the ones nowadays, of course.

James

Reaction score
I guess... the DS is the worst for me. I didn't like the way it felt in my hand, and there weren't very many good games for it.

dagscot

Reaction score
The Gamecube. It's the only console I didn't like. I've owned a lot of them, all the way back to the Atari 2600 and the Commodore 64 and I'd put the N64 in second place, behind the Gamecube since it never really took off and didn't have a lot of games available.

Smokey

Reaction score
The Wii by far. Worst console ever. I only owned like 4 games on it total, the rest were my younger brother's games (mario, etc) horrible console.....glad we got rid of it. :p

Esperahol

Reaction score
I love Golden Eye and maybe two other games for the Gamecube... so it would be my vote for worse. On the other hand I love my Wii, but I've discovered that most people never bothered to really look through the catalog so they just say it sucks or whatever. I suppose the Wii needed more namebrand games, but I loved all the little quirks and whatnot I've played.

StolenKid

Reaction score
Same as you, I owned the Nintendo Wii and it was so messy for me, I never liked a single game and every game that I wanted was for xbox or PS3 and I hated that. Thank god I never buyed the Wii U.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
@Pokemon I am going to have to agree with you, hands down the Wii was the worst console I ever bought. The only reason I bought it is because my ex~wife wanted it so bad. Everyone we knew had one and no one was playing them and I tried to explain to her. "Yes all of our friends have one but its a fad and no one is actually playing the Wii"

We ended up getting it and we only bought a few games for it. We bought the Mickey Mouse Adventure game and Just Dance and a few retro games on the Nintendo store. And in the end all it did was sit around and collect dust, just like all of our friends Wii's.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I had a PSP for maybe a month. I didn't like it since I had a PS2 at home and having the games on the small device was annoying to say the least. Small screen, terrible ports, slow performance; I'd rather stick with the big console instead of having to settle for the mobile version which sacrifices a ton of graphics and performance over being able to play while you are on the bus. It's not worth it in my opinion.

LydiaHilda

Reaction score
I'd have to say either PSP or the Nintendo 3DS. The PSP just because it was clunky, the screen was small, and the games, if I remember correctly, were way overpriced. All the extra features were totally gimmicky, too. Who on earth wants to watch movies on a tiny PSP? But then again, it was before the technology we have today, where anyone can stream anything onto their phones. As for the 3DS, a lot of the games were great, but they're exactly the same games that I would have played on a regular DS. The 3D itself is total garbage and just headache-inducing.

zeedollar

Reaction score
Totally wii. I just wonder what they hand in mind when creating that console, its controls wasnt just it at all

ZXD22

Reaction score
I didn't like my Xbox original. Whenever I tried to play GTA San Andreas, I freaking hated how the system would completely stop the game and would force you to reset the system to reload. The PS1 and PS2 never done this, the game would still keep playing but just stop loading.

Strelitzia

Reaction score
Wii's a gimmick but at least it worked. I avoid Xbox like the bloody plague. Had way too many frustrating run ins with the 360's BS red rings of death on 6 different consoles. (Return after return hell.) My brother wanted it and had to have it and I got stuck with dealing with customer support because he was too inept to do it himself. Told him that if he wanted to still play that bad then he'd just have to buy his own because I wasn't gonna shell out any more money on the stupid thing. It was initially a gift turned nightmare hell. I used the leftover refund money for other stuff instead. But ever since then I've pretty much avoided that line of consoles.

CBL28

Reaction score
Has to be the Wii. The controls are hard to use, games for it are very limited, and I generally need a quiet environment to be able to concentrate. I haven't owned many consoles though, so that's why I chose this one. It's not too bad, and there are some decent games. However, out of all the consoles I've owned, this one is the worst.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
It's hard to pick a worst console, there's always at least a dozen of games worth playing. However, buying a DSi was one of my worst purchases ever. I really thought that camera to be the coolest thing ever, and it looked so much slimmer than my original DS. Instead, it didn't even have a GBA port, and I played GBA games so much.
In my defense, I can say I was pretty dumb back then; but hey, at least I got The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition for free.