• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Wired or wireless controller?

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
100% wireless controller for me. I always end up running over the wired controller cord with my computer chair. So I always use a wireless Xbox controller on my PC. Right now I am using a Wireless Xbox One S controller on PC.

Frank

Reaction score
100% wireless controller for me. I always end up running over the wired controller cord with my computer chair. So I always use a wireless Xbox controller on my PC. Right now I am using a Wireless Xbox One S controller on PC.

Heh, funny to see someone with a PS logo as their avatar using an Xbox controller.

I have one too, though, although mine's wired. I used it for 360 when I played it regularly, but now there just aren't that many games for it anymore so my controller is used for PC gaming. I'd still prefer a wireless one, but I'm stuck with this one and I don't mind it. Certainly not buying a new controller when I already have a perfectly good one here.

Blaine019

Reaction score
I don't have any console so I would go for wired. What everyone says about the wireless is true enough but wired is more stable and doesn't require batteries. Imagine the controller dying while in a crucial moment.

yoyoalben0

Reaction score
i'd go for a wired, the cons on wireless are, most of them use batteries, and when your wireless headset or controller is already near on an empty bat, they will have delay sequences, like the cursor stops or it's just delay. in headsets, the sound will be really low. and the hassle of charging wireless is really troublesome, for some cases like if the equipment has a good brand, you will not experience such things.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
I love my wireless controllers, but I have to say I think the quality of the recent console's inputs have deteriorated from last gen's. I notice a lot more drop outs than I used to get, which is infuriating. This is especially bad with my Switch controller, which had the notorious left-joycon issue. Battery life also seems to be significantly reduced. This is where the Switch gets a few points back from me because it's joycons last for between 20-30 hours for me on a single charge.

victorslide05

Reaction score
I definitely prefer wired controllers because, i cant stand the frustration of my wireless batteries run out during a game or reseach.Those wireless controllers are just expensive to buy and changing batteries adds to it. I would had preferred the wireless controllers if they don't occupy a USB port,but they do.Getting to look for those tiny receivers becomes problem for me.

WarVet

Reaction score
I definitely prefer wired controllers because, i cant stand the frustration of my wireless batteries run out during a game or reseach.Those wireless controllers are just expensive to buy and changing batteries adds to it. I would had preferred the wireless controllers if they don't occupy a USB port,but they do.Getting to look for those tiny receivers becomes problem for me.

As much as i like my wireless controller i feel you pain man. At least the PS3 controller is rechargeable. Still, sometimes wired technology is way more reliable than wireless.

victorslide05

Reaction score
As much as i like my wireless controller i feel you pain man. At least the PS3 controller is rechargeable. Still, sometimes wired technology is way more reliable than wireless.
hahaha,the ps3 controller you made mention of doesn't really stay long when charged and not suitable for an addicted gamer like me.It might be amazing when its new but gets weak with time.Wired controller is more reliable.

WarVet

Reaction score
hahaha,the ps3 controller you made mention of doesn't really stay long when charged and not suitable for an addicted gamer like me.It might be amazing when its new but gets weak with time.Wired controller is more reliable.

It's sad but true man. When I bought my PS3 it was all good and new. Technology made sense! Then with years and years of use what you mentioned happened. I ended up using it connected to the PS3 all the time. So what good is a wireless console that is, in fact, a wired console? hahaha

victorslide05

Reaction score
It's sad but true man. When I bought my PS3 it was all good and new. Technology made sense! Then with years and years of use what you mentioned happened. I ended up using it connected to the PS3 all the time. So what good is a wireless console that is, in fact, a wired console? hahaha
I love the your honesty,wireless controllers is just a timed enjoyment. Don't really get your second question?

WarVet

Reaction score
I love the your honesty,wireless controllers is just a timed enjoyment. Don't really get your second question?

What I meant is what good is a wireless controller that you have to recharge every half an hour? Then it becomes, in essence, a wired controller even though it's meant to be wireless haha

victorslide05

Reaction score
What I meant is what good is a wireless controller that you have to recharge every half an hour? Then it becomes, in essence, a wired controller even though it's meant to be wireless haha
hahaha,exactly! Too sad even technologies can't be trusted.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
Wired for me... I do not trust wireless controller, I would be always paranoid: what if the battery run out in the middle of a boss fight? Maybe when I'm almost finished? And I don't play that much far from my PC (well I don't have a console so I use my controller here...) so I don't really see the point. The wire never bothered me anyway.

lindbergh

Reaction score
I don't mind wired controllers. They don't get in the way whenever I play games. I don't like wireless controllers because the always need to get recharged. Wireless controllers are also pretty expensive. Why dish out more money for something that's just as functional as the wireless controller? Why dish out more money for something that needs to be charged constantly? Why dish out more money on something that can be easily lost?

Last edited:

Pink_Turtle

Reaction score
wireless is way better! because I get excited sometimes and I stand up to quickly without looking and the wired ones get damage so easily!

Jeric

Reaction score
I love my wireless controllers and keyboards, I think it is so much easier then having the cords, however at first it took me awhile to remember not to take the controller or mouse with me, I would set them down then forget where i put them. As for the batteries i use rechargeable once, I have to recharge them once a week to a month depending on the usage of the device I am using.

mistakenichi

Reaction score
Wireless is pretty comfortable, but wired devices don't have that annoying maintenance of batteries and if you accidentally broke one you can buy it without high cost. People use to walk between us and the screen when they see no wires and use to pass behind of us when they see the risk of throwing down the console by crossing through the wires. So wired we can evade getting upset by someone walking in front of the screen as if it was a Fashion catwalk...
Well, even though I prefer wired for a one player game and wireless for multiplayer games.

xXInfectedXx

Reaction score
I use wireless controllers. I also prefer them more than wired controllers. They are more portable.

augusta

Reaction score
I'm quite okay with wireless controller,maybe because o love most of my things wireless.I like going for wireless hard ware.

Referal

Reaction score
100% I would say Wireless as Wired has a limit how far you can use it. Plus theses days all the controllers are wireless which makes senses why and an disadvantage of wired is it it tears or breaks the replacement can be pretty inexpensive batteries aren't as much expensive as controller wires.