• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Wired or wireless controller?

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Definitely wired. Why deal with the hassle of buying batteries all the time when you can use a simple wired controller? Not to mention wireless gear is usually more expensive than wired gear. No need to spend extra just to get rid of a cord, at least in my opinion.
Sometimes the wire isn't long enough, especially with this day and age when big screen TVs are a thing and you want to move the couch back a bit. I agree it's cheaper for the wired controllers, but 2 AA batteries once a month and you can take your controller anywhere, not having to worry about walking over the wires and replacing the entire thing when the wires get damaged? Some factors to think about, but yeah, I'm still using wired.

SpitfireMase

Reaction score
I actually like Wired controllers. They're cheaper, and when the batteries get low on wireless controllers, inputs kind of slow down, and it messes with the experience and makes some games unplayable. I'd rather have a wired controller than a wireless one.

This may mean in the future I'll need a long wire to accommodate a very large TV, but that isn't a problem I have now.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
I'm currently using a wireless controller because it's the only one I have, but if I could get to choose again I'd go with a wired one.
First of all, I still have to plug in a Bluetooth adapter to use it, so it's still taking up a USB port. Second, I only use it to play PC games, so even a wire wouldn't pose that much of a problem (although I'll admit that being free of hindrances is fine). However, I'd rather get to recharge my controller with a dock or something rather than constantly replacing batteries, since I don't always have them at hand.

ZXD22

Reaction score
When it comes to PC gaming with a mouse and keyboard, I prefer wired as I would not want to risk the chance of missing out on an input due to lack of connection. I have managed to find a way to pair a PS3 controller to my laptop and gaming rig so I usually play the game pad wireless unless I'm playing a hardcore match of Street Fighter IV, then I would plug it in. The wireless connection with my PS3 controller doesn't have a very far range with my PC's bluetooth dongle.

dero56

Reaction score
Wireless for consoles for sure, after using a ps3 and ps4, I can't see myself going back to a wired controller on my consoles. However on PC, since I'm already quite close to my computer, a wired controller works fine since it won't get snagged.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
Wireless. I'm lazy so i love playing either lying down or almost lying down.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Wireless for consoles for sure, after using a ps3 and ps4, I can't see myself going back to a wired controller on my consoles. However on PC, since I'm already quite close to my computer, a wired controller works fine since it won't get snagged.
I upgraded recently to Windows 10 and now I can finally use my DS4's wireless adapter. It works like a charm and I can move freely from my chair without the length of the cord limiting my movement. I also paid for it when I got the DS4 so naturally I should use it so my money spent won't be worthless, but the controller still has a lot of upsides without any wires. I'm enjoying it thus far.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Wireless. I'm lazy so i love playing either lying down or almost lying down.
Ah, yes. The lazy gamers unite. If I can play a full game lying down I would too. But I think it's ridiculously unhealthy so I try to keep having a 90 degree angle on my back while sitting down. I don't wanna die of a heart attack or something like you hear in the news for players who were in gaming marathons. May as well be a bit healthy in my gaming habits than regret it later on.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
I liked both, when I first tried a wireless one on my PS3, I was reluctant, but it turns out to be convenient. The only hassle is when it's low on battery, so I need to get near on my console, since the charging wire isn't that long. But I still prefer wireless. I tend to trip a lot on my wired controller on PS1 and PS2. It's a hassle.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
It's wired for me. Wireless is nice, but I feel like wired gamepads consume less energy, unlike unwired ones where you will have to recharge every now and then, especially on consoles. And since the only difference is the wire, I'd still go for the wire because it's cheaper and you get the same effects. I've never owned a wired gamepad that broke because of the wire anyways so I don't think its a terrible idea either.

Ash

Reaction score
I will always only get wireless controllers because they are just a lot easier to use and more convenient. I know that most wired controllers now have a long wire length so that you don't necessarily have to sit right up near your monitor or TV but it's just annoying. You also have to deal with tangled wires which can become annoying after a while. The only problem with Wireless controllers is that the battery does tend to run out pretty quickly but I like how the PS4 uses a USB cable which means you can use a phone charger to charge your controller or even play games whilst it is charging.

hermessantos

Reaction score
I think it's easier to set up a good desktop setup, especially for the variety of video cards, memories and other desktop accessories. Today there are already experienced companies that build laptops for games, but I still prefer to play on desktops, even loving the laptops.

Laibrown

Reaction score
Yes right I agree with you on this. Wireless allows mobility and freedom when gaming. More so is a modern gaming practise, so why stick to old probably going obsolete practise. Well this is my opinion about this. But I will rather go wireless.
When it comes to consoles, wireless all the way. Even when gaming on my computer, must be a wireless mouse. I just find its a lot more comfortable sitting there without the hassle of cords. In my opinion, less cords the better.

fishmonk

Reaction score
I prefer wireless control since I like to sit away from the display screen. Having pets around also cause me to get wireless controllers as well.

yunken

Reaction score
I go with the wireless. I can use my wireless control pad at the comfort of my bed to play games, I don't need to stretch myself or start making some connections before I can play any game.

peachpurple

Reaction score
I use wireless modem to get connect to Internet. However my computer accessories are wired such as mouse and keyboard. I cannot stand changing and recharging the batteries all the time. Although the wire is limited, just change the position or location will do. Furthermore, wireless mouse cost 2 units of wired mouse. I might as well save the money.

olaryeankarh

Reaction score
Anything that gets the job done easily for me is most preferred. In this case, wireless gives all the comfort. Never tried one anyway. Would consider getting a pair soon though.

Lukehh

Reaction score
As long as the wireless controller has rechargeable batteries, that's the winner in my book. I hate the hassle of cables, and the hassle that comes with replacing batteries even more.

WarVet

Reaction score
As long as the wireless controller has rechargeable batteries, that's the winner in my book. I hate the hassle of cables, and the hassle that comes with replacing batteries even more.

Depends on the case for me man. I had rechargeable controllers that lasted two months; would never hold any charge and die within an hour of game play. And I had a battery mouse which worked very well and a single battery lasted for over two months. While I agree a mouse consumes way less power than a controller that quality of the item has a big play on overall performance.

valy

Reaction score
I prefer wired controller since my batteries went off very often. I was playing wired as my batts were almost dead and I went back to playing wireless, I noticed that It was slightly slower just a tiny bit but enough that I noticed after a few games. I have the elite controller and had a problem with it losing wireless connection during matches very annoying. Good thing the controller came with a wire.