• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Windows 10

Guardian

Reaction score
Unfortunately, it's probably not windows 10, but something with you PC. Everything is editable so I'd recommend seeing what is taking up resources in task manager and going from there. After you turn off a few annoying things, it's actually faster then 7 and 8.

Yeah, I think it needed to work a few things out. It has been running much better the past couple of days. It is running better than my 8 install did, so I am happy. :)

Atropia

Reaction score
The transition for Windows 10 seemed a lot better than Windows 8/Vista in terms of usability. There's not much turning back unfortunately due to most application support only exclusively usable on Windows 10

Corzhens

Reaction score
I have to admit my fear of upgrading to Windows 10. My office laptop is still on Windows 7 and there are talks that our office will upgrade to Windows 10 within this year. I have been hearing of so many issues with upgrades particularly the compatibility of old programs. But what can I do if the upgrade becomes official? I would dread the day.

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
I have to admit my fear of upgrading to Windows 10. My office laptop is still on Windows 7 and there are talks that our office will upgrade to Windows 10 within this year. I have been hearing of so many issues with upgrades particularly the compatibility of old programs. But what can I do if the upgrade becomes official? I would dread the day.
Optimization and compatibility is actually a lot better than you may think. Most applications and software are Windows 10 compatible now, especially Office, so you shouldn't have any issues with upgrading.

Dan bers

Reaction score
Scarce from the feel, to the simplicity and Cortana down there doing her thing:smirk:, I actually find it way easier to run about here then windows 8. It’s like windows 10 is a sassy update of windows 7. It's just so soft to exploit with, mad respect to the Microsoft crew, keep doing your thing:zombiefinger:.

SerSlavos

Reaction score
At first, it all went smoothly for me as well. It was amazing on first sight. But here we are, 2 years after and they keep messing up with every single update. Something went wrong and my PC sometimes freezes, my sound is cracking from time to time or loses completely, and stuff like that. It is pretty annoying and I am thinking about returning to Windows 7.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
My new laptop has Windows 10 installed in it. At first I was a bit uncomfortable with the changed working style but soon I started enjoying working on it a lot.

Everything is just so easy to operate and convenient to handle. The design, working and style is no doubt addictive.

The only problem I have is the numerous frequent updates it demands very now and then.

Pixie06

Reaction score
I have Windows 10 installed on my laptop and I prefer it to the previous Windows. It seems to boot faster than the previous Windows I had. I can also see that my battery lasts longer now. I like the design especially the Start Menu. There is also the Search icon on the task bar. To conclude I find it to be more user friendly.

Smokey

Reaction score
I have Windows 10 on my laptop and I haven't had any issues with it. I personally think it feels more like Windows 7.5. :) The return of the Start menu was a great and much wanted feature. :) Even on my old Asus gaming laptop I had previously, I installed Classic Shell to get my start menu back on Windows 8.1 :)

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score

Personally, I've heard mixed reviews on Windows 7 machines upgrading to 10. For some, the upgrade was a success that went smoothly. However, the same story doesn't apply to everyone. So I advise you to seriously consider the pros and cons before updating. My dad bought his Dell in 2013 on Windows 7. He upgraded it to 10 last year and it just crashed on him last week. Apparently, the issue dealt with Windows 10 crashing the motherboard of the laptop itself. My mother's laptop too was also originally a Windows 7 machine, since the update, it's had continuous blue screen restart issues. The cursor also keeps flickering making typing impossible. Something to do with Cortana post-Windows 10 update.

Smokey

Reaction score
Personally, I've heard mixed reviews on Windows 7 machines upgrading to 10. For some, the upgrade was a success that went smoothly. However, the same story doesn't apply to everyone. So I advise you to seriously consider the pros and cons before updating. My dad bought his Dell in 2013 on Windows 7. He upgraded it to 10 last year and it just crashed on him last week. Apparently, the issue dealt with Windows 10 crashing the motherboard of the laptop itself. My mother's laptop too was also originally a Windows 7 machine, since the update, it's had continuous blue screen restart issues. The cursor also keeps flickering making typing impossible. Something to do with Cortana post-Windows 10 update.
I also updated my old Asus to Windows 10 from 8.1 and had issues. I had to do a reset and go back to Windows 8.1 because Windows 10 was unstable on my old laptop with similar issues as to what you described. I would say if you purchase a laptop with Windows 10 on it already, you should be good to go....but be weary when upgrading from an older version of Windows.

Sino989

Reaction score
My laptop came with windows 10 and I can truly say I have not had any problems with it at all and it is really smooth and I really enjoy it. My old laptop had windows 7 and so it's a big upgrade for me :)

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
I also updated my old Asus to Windows 10 from 8.1 and had issues. I had to do a reset and go back to Windows 8.1 because Windows 10 was unstable on my old laptop with similar issues as to what you described. I would say if you purchase a laptop with Windows 10 on it already, you should be good to go....but be weary when upgrading from an older version of Windows.

Well, I bought my current machine on Windows 8 roughly three years ago. Personally, Windows 8 was my favorite operating system from Microsoft. Especially when the 8.1 update came out. I found the whole interface more user-friendly, without being too interlocked and synchronized with my information (social media, Skype contacts, Email, etc.). Unfortunately, not everyone favored this new OS, especially old Windows 7 users. Because of this, Windows users were divided into two different type OS. Microsoft's solution? Railroad everyone onto one huge upgrade. Forcing people to download Windows 10, continuing to upgrade into 10.1 and 10.2

Overall, my Windows 10 upgrade experience went well. Though my Cortana did have a few errors, I was able to sort out my issues after taking one afternoon to do light research. I still prefer Windows 8, however, my current setup has been working so well as of late. I don't want to change anything right now.