• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Wii U Reasonabley Priced?

Scion

Reaction score
Nintendo expects to price its new console "reasonably," according to a new report.

Speaking in an interview with a Japanese newspaper the CEO said, "We won't make the same mistake that we did with the 3DS, which was considered relatively high by consumers."

Nintendo declined to discuss launch plans, including price and release date, at E3 last month.

Is it just me or does this seem like complete BS considering the Wii U games are already going to be priced at $100 a piece

Slash

Reaction score
Yeah, that's pretty BS, but it will sell a lot if they're that price.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
I don't think the wii u or the games for the wii u and fairly priced.

Stealth

Reaction score
Nintendo isn't good with pricing. The only reason they make money is because of the Wii it had workout games so 60 year olds could do Yogo and shit. But Nintendo can really sell anything at almost any price since they're so popular.

Slash

Reaction score
Lol, the GameBoy was my first handheld and I loved it. Now, Nintendo is all about 3DS's and Wii's. I even heard they may make another DS. Nintendo, it gets old. If Nintendo makes something, it should be a remake of the SNES or N64.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Slash said:
Lol, the GameBoy was my first handheld and I loved it. Now, Nintendo is all about 3DS's and Wii's. I even heard they may make another DS. Nintendo, it gets old. If Nintendo makes something, it should be a remake of the SNES or N64.

Nintendo is not how it use to be...

Slash

Reaction score
Toxique: Exactly, Nintendo needs to make more consoles to actually compete with Sony and Microsoft. Remakes of the N64 would be awesome, but they better not butcher it with downloadable games or a browser to it. It needs to be like the old N64 but with better graphics.

Nave

Reaction score
I think the wii u games are overpriced and the console probably will be to.I'm not going to buy the wii u because if I have to choose between a expensive console with hundred dollar games or a sixty dollar game for a console I already have I'm just going to stick with the console I already have.

Nave

Reaction score
Yes at least they have free online all the games might be $100 and the console more and it may just be a remake of a system that used to be popular but at least the online is free.

GameCube

Reaction score
I think the quality is worth the price. I mean, the people who make them have to live also. Note that the company has to pay programmers - even if it's true the consoles are put together by robots. Are they put together by them?

Anyway, what do you all feel is the ideal price for a new Nintendo console?