• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Wii U Games Cost $59.99

Scion

Reaction score
Untitled-6.jpg

Not that it should come as any surprise, but Nintendo issued a statement saying the suggested retail price of Wii U titles is $59.99. Nintendo did say, however, this is a baseline price. "Specific games could be more or less," a representative clarified. Original Wii titles cost $49.99.

The Wii U launches in North America on November 18 and comes in two sets: basic and premium.

Source

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Wow on Gamestop.com it said the games would be $99.99

Scion

Reaction score
Yeah that's why I was so surprised when I read this cause I even posted about how on Gamestop the games were listed as $100 and i thought that was ridiculous, I guess that was just a placeholder and Gamestop being a :7

Luigi1632

Reaction score
$59.99 sounds pretty average, although I miss the times when games were just $49.99.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Luigi1632 said:
$59.99 sounds pretty average, although I miss the times when games were just $49.99.

Yeah but I remember back when games only costed $30.

Back when the D.S first came out.

P

PandahFish

I honestly don't know why they keep raising the prices for games. The U.S is in debt and people are losing jobs, and are getting homeless. This country is just so stupid. The Wii-U itself is a waste of money if you have a 3DS & Wii.

Azareal

Reaction score
Games just get more and more expensive.
Might be them trying to keep rising the prices, to see how high they can push.
Toxique said:
Wow on Gamestop.com it said the games would be $99.99
o_O, they must make quite some profit off that, if anyone actually buys it.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Yeah I know, It use to be
Gameboys - $10-15
Gamecube - $20
DS - $30
Then the wii came out - $50-60

Demon_skeith

Reaction score
nothing is getting cheaper, I'm just happy the 3DS games are still somewhat cheap. I fear what the next gen games will cost.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
I don't even want to know how much the Xbox 720 games are going to cost.

robertson123

Reaction score
To me this price of Wii U games is average in the uk $59.99 means around 30 to 35 pounds where i come from compared to usa dollars.So i dont think this is to expensive but for people like myself being out of work it is they should drop the price to get more sales on the Wii U

Guardian

Reaction score
I remember when games were $20. These prices are only going up. It's getting a bit ridiculous IMO.

I'm about to switch to the cheap ones. Bring out my NES again.

littlestar

Reaction score
I just don't buy games when they're initially released. The only exception is Fire Emblem. Otherwise, I give it a month so I can buy them used. They're usually $10-$20 cheaper if you wait.

GameCube

Reaction score
I don't mind paying more for good games and if they're ones that I'm only so-so crazy about, then I can wait until they're resold in the used section. Note, as the poster above mentioned, they're massively cheaper then. Anyway, though, it's mostly about your income and how much you actually like gaming.

sarahme85

Reaction score
I may be the only one that doesn't run out and get the new Wii U games on release. I bought the system for my kids to play. For whatever reason I have found that the kids have a better and easier time playing the Wii U versus the XBox 360 or the XBox One. I buy our games for the Wii U from Game Stop used.

SeanP

Reaction score
Crazy to think that this was news when it was announced. I wonder how high the price of games is going to climb. With inflation, I'm surprised that games didn't jump up to 70 this gen. I am almost certain it will happen relatively soon. I think considering inflation, games back in the 80s were about $100? That's insane to me. I hope we don't reach that point; indie developers might keep bigger game studios on "check" by consistently producing cheaper games.

valy

Reaction score
I think it's a bit expensive, I prefer to wait and buy it later when the price will fall. If that doesn't happen too soon I prefer to buy another game with that money, in some cases I may buy two games at that price! Call me stingy if you want, but is much better this way!