• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Why you can't host recoveries on BOs and Mw3

Ace

Reaction score
Well, I have been asked numerous times if I can host on BOs and mw3. I will explain why you need to be online on BOs and mw3 to host. They have both made it very similar to each other.

The both have hot fixes, which make all dvars reset after leaving system link, so you can't do them in a private match anymore and you can't do them in system link because there is no "turn XBL unlocks on". They also have a xp limit (I think BOs is 50k and mw3 is 100k), so you can't just go straight the highest rank, or it wont count.

So that is why you need to be online to host BOs and mw3.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
I remember they added an XP limit on MW3 after all the boosters where leveling up so fast. And good thread Ace, should take some stress off you modders :p

Ace

Reaction score
Toxique said:
I remember they added an XP limit on MW3 after all the boosters where leveling up so fast. And good thread Ace, should take some stress off you modders :p
Ya, the good ol's strafe run boosting :p. Also, not really, we will still get asked daily. :p

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Ace said:
Toxique said:
Ya, the good ol's strafe run boosting :p. Also, not really, we will still get asked daily. :p

Well now instead of answering their question, you can just send them to this thread :]

Atom

Reaction score
There are actually mw3 recoveries. They are on 7s my friend got one, he got 20th prestige. All for free.

Ace

Reaction score
RFD Assassin said:
There are actually mw3 recoveries. They are on 7s my friend got one, he got 20th prestige. All for free.
Yes, probably because he is on a server sending commands to his RGH/XDK through some sort of FTP program.

Atom

Reaction score
Oh, ok. On the video for proof of if, he was changing his level to whatever he wanted.

Ace

Reaction score
Did I not just answer that question?

Atom

Reaction score
I was just saying. No need to get your panties in a bunch

Stealth

Reaction score
Good thread Ace. My friends says you can host on MW3 they just say it won't because it needs to load to work.